PDA

View Full Version : Question

Tonden_Ockay
12-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I want to play a shaman. I was thinking of playing an Ogre shaman till I read the post at the following link.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7352

Is this still true? Do mobs on P1999 not have punch so their attacks have a % chance to interrupted. If so I do not see the point in playing the Ogre over say a Barbarian which will level quicker.

Any info or insight would be helpful.

Tonden Ockay

Chanus
12-08-2010, 04:35 PM
All casting classes have to channel through melee attacks when attempting to cast a spell.

Ogres just also have frontal stun immunity, which Barbarians do not, so if a mob successfully uses a stunning attack like Bash, the Ogre wouldn't be stunned where the Barbarian would (all things being equal).

Ames
12-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I want to play a shaman. I was thinking of playing an Ogre shaman till I read the post at the following link.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7352

Is this still true? Do mobs on P1999 not have punch so their attacks have a % chance to interrupted. If so I do not see the point in playing the Ogre over say a Barbarian which will level quicker.

Any info or insight would be helpful.

Tonden Ockay

Ogre Frontal Stun Immunity is currently broken. If you were making a Ogre solely based on that reason then you should consider a different race.

Estu
12-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Ogre Frontal Stun Immunity is currently broken. If you were making a Ogre solely based on that reason then you should consider a different race.

Is it? It seems to be working fine for me.

To the OP: If you want to level quickly as quickly as possible, you should go barbarian, since they have the smallest EXP penalty of the three races. To make up for this, both trolls and ogres have better stats, trolls have regen (which is very nice for the first few levels), and ogres have stun immunity and the best stats. If you're going to be primarily grouping, then the EXP penalty matters less, since it is spread throughout the group. So in a 6-man group, a personal 6% exp penalty would become a 1% exp penalty, assuming no one else has any bonuses or penalties. If you're going to be primarily soloing, then the EXP penalty will matter more. I wouldn't avoid ogres or trolls just because of the penalty (my shaman is an ogre), but that's just me.

xshayla701
12-08-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't think frontal stun immunity is broken, but I have heard that's it's a very small "frontal" section of your body that is immune. Don't know if that makes sense but basically if the mob is hitting you directly from the front you're immune but if it's a little off you will still get stunned. Not sure if this is correct but I know I've heard it haha

Correct. It's been documented by the devs that they took out the melee push ability because it wasn't working right or something. If you played classic EQ you'll remember raid leader yelling at the melee to PUSH the mob into a corner/up against a wall hahahah. This "pushing" movement is what did the actual interrupting, not the melee attacks themselves. In P99, the "pushing" ability was taken out like I said, and the devs instead replaced it with melee attacks interrupting spells.

So Ogre frontal stun immunity is working, but because the melee attacks can interrupt now, it doesn't matter where you stand you'll still get interrupted.
^From the thread linked above

Tokum-6n0m3
12-08-2010, 10:12 PM
I think the biggest thing is people confuse Frontal stun immunity with spell interruption....... things such as Bash or a hard hit that "might" stun a normal player will not stun oGres if hit from the front, however spell interruption caused by fast hits, or the pushing back of a player caused by hits, will still interrupt your cast...... thats why oGres make the best warriors hands down.....no pause in melee combat unless by spell stun.....however when it comes to other classes there are arguments of how Frontal Stun immunity isn't so great...

Yak
12-08-2010, 11:01 PM
First off how the fuck do people know that Ogre stun is broken? It makes me mad when people keep claiming this with no proof. I agree that some people are getting spell interruption confused with being stunned, as most of us know those are two totally different things. I would say that it is working, unless some one can produce a screen shot of them being stunned. I call bull shit on this one!

Rhambuk
12-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Ogre stun immunity works, it only works on melee bash type interrupts. if your not against a wall you will be interrupted for melee push.

Ogres in a corner are unstoppable...

Ames
12-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Ogre stun immunity works, it only works on melee bash type interrupts. if your not against a wall you will be interrupted for melee push.

Nice...I stand corrected then! I did not know this : )

First off how the fuck do people know that Ogre stun is broken? It makes me mad when people keep claiming this with no proof. I agree that some people are getting spell interruption confused with being stunned, as most of us know those are two totally different things. I would say that it is working, unless some one can produce a screen shot of them being stunned. I call bull shit on this one!

Why so angry, Bro

xshayla701
12-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Why so angry, Bro

This is srs bzns obv
Ps I like your dinosaur sig; wru kimmie?!

Tonden_Ockay
12-09-2010, 01:27 PM

What I heard was that on this server they could not get push to work right. So they made it that mobs have a % chance to interrupts players to make up for not being able to push.

There for on this server when a Ogre is in a corner he is not unstoppable, because the mobs here have that % to interrupted.

This does not hurt a warrior Ogre only casting Ogres.

The link I posted above goes talks all about this. I was just trying to see if its been fixed or if their was plans for fixing it.

Thanks for every ones time and insight.

Tonden Ockay