PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info

Odeseus
12-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Just wondering what the best plat farming camps are. I don't have the patience to farm the best money-makers (high end drops), so I generally stick with straight up plat drops and merchant fodder. Now I'm not looking for THE best camp (which is probably seafuries if you can ever find one up to kill), but more of a list of quality spots.

Here is my (limited) list so far:

Seafuries
Hill Giants
Ice Giants
Specs

What are some other spots you have found that are good for plat farming? And I apologize in advance since this thread has probably been made before and I just can't find it.

warrioman
12-09-2010, 09:50 AM
This about sums it up for maximum payout. Seafuries are pretty much killed around the clock. It is pointless to farm during prime-time. Even 4-5am is rough.

karsten
12-09-2010, 10:13 AM
an alternative would be to farm specific rare items and then sell them, which some do depending on class/ability etc

Odeseus
12-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Honestly, I never liked farming for items to sell to other players. I simply don't have the patience for it. Don't have the patience to spend all day in one place hoping for 1 drop only to come away empty handed. Farming cash (even slowly at IGs, where you might kill 1 IG every 6 mins) is a slow but reliable way to achieve the same thing. I would much rather slowly and consistently work for something than to pray that today is my lucky day (hence why I loved the LDoN and DoN expansions, but that is another topic).

I also don't have the patience to sell said item if/when I get it. Sitting in the EC tunnel for more than a half hour bores me to tears. So I end up drastically reducing the price in hopes for a quick sell. I could use Bob's service, one thing that I hadn't really thought of till right now TBH, but that would still give me less than said item is worth.

I remember back in the day farming the crap out of the bugs in Old Seb (those will be perma camped once kunark goes live) and that is how I geared up outside of raid drops. I've had decent success with specs since I am a mage and can throw the scythes in a 100% WR bag. Also being on the west coast helps for furies. Log in for an hour before bed and I can at least get one somewhat consistently. Any other time, I might as well forget it since by the time I find one, it is pulled. Or if I do see one not taken, I don't have the mana to kill it and/or already killing one. Always seems to happen that way. When I have the mana/timing to pull one, none are up. When I'm medding or engaged, 3 wander by :mad:

Crone
12-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I'd like to take this time to point out yet again on these forums, to try and get the word out, the exact situations above are why seafuries are NOT NOT NOT 1k/hour.

You may get lucky hours, where you are able to pull constantly as fast as you can, and then get lucky lucky drops, but that doesn't make it consistant.

My average is 500-800p/hour, and this is from multiple 3-5 hour sessions out there.

Odeseus
12-09-2010, 09:06 PM
At all times except really early in the morning or late at night, I find that specs in OoT are almost as good plat as furies. I generally average around 400pp per hour and don't have to deal with the headache of fighting for furies. Splitting the 4 spawns as a mage is fun but once they are split, pet can solo them. Bind as sisters for quick selling when bags fill up and you have a much easier time than furies.

I haven't really tried too hard to camp HGs, are they camped as heavy as furies? Or can you generally get all you want? At 44, the IGs were more of a pain in the ass to do than they were worth. Going to try and camp them again with 49 pet and see if I can improve my cash rate. Was less than impressive camping only 1 IG ever 6 mins.