PDA

View Full Version : Best places to hunt in Velious

Torqumada286
12-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Given the number of posts that we have on Kunark in this section, it's obvious that everyone here likes to plan out things way ahead of time. So, with the release of Velious due sometime between now and the end of the world in 2012, it might be the best time for people to start planning what to do with characters that they may not even have when the expansion goes live.

Torqumada

warrioman
12-09-2010, 10:52 AM
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6461

awakening the sleeper will be goal #1 of most raid guilds. Preventing other guilds from ever having avatar weapons is the goal you know.

guineapig
12-09-2010, 11:01 AM

awakening the sleeper will be goal #1 of most raid guilds. Preventing other guilds from ever having avatar weapons is the goal you know.

By that logic, I would say the number 1 goal would be to farm said avatar weapons, thereby making the awakening of the sleeper a #2 goal.

I truly hope it doesn't come to that here but...

karsten
12-09-2010, 11:29 AM
nah, I think it'd take a level of spite (and skill/numbers, come to think of it) that is as of yet unseen on this server for someone to wake the sleeper.

Although we are sorta getting ahead of ourselves. I did chuckle at your 2012/end of the world comment, hehehe

Trimm
12-09-2010, 11:31 AM

Since this server doesn't progress past Velious, I'd hope whatever top guilds are still around at that time would be able to come to an agreement that it benefits everyone to not wake the sleeper.

Denying other guilds weapons works both ways, as you also deny yourself.

Torqumada286
12-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Although we are sorta getting ahead of ourselves. I did chuckle at your 2012/end of the world comment, hehehe

Which is my point.

Torqumada

XegonyForever
12-09-2010, 11:47 AM

It's not possible to deny other guilds from ever having Avatar weapons, because even if the Sleeper is awakened, other weapons that proc avatar will still drop in ST.

They just won't have the street cred that comes from being pre-awakening weapons. :P

Aadill
12-09-2010, 12:08 PM
It's not possible to deny other guilds from ever having Avatar weapons, because even if the Sleeper is awakened, other weapons that proc avatar will still drop in ST.

They just won't have the street cred that comes from being pre-awakening weapons. :P

I'm pretty sure they had the same stats as the Primal Weapons but did not proc AVatar.
EDIT: Oh wait it changes around so many times... Primal, Velium, Prismatic, Secundae. Which ones were droppable at the same time, any?

guineapig
12-09-2010, 12:14 PM
In any case Awakening the Sleeper wouldn't be all that difficult, it's killing him that would be near impossible.

I agree that it would be extremely crappy for a guild to try and wake him though...

This should be more of a end of server event and a joint effort once all is said and done and the devs stop adding content to the server. We're talking a minimum of 2 years down the road.

karsten
12-09-2010, 12:15 PM
I agree with my good pal guineapig on these points ^^

Trimm
12-09-2010, 12:19 PM
How about, on P99 once Kerafyrm is awakened he roams every zone on Velious, Kunark and classic until he is killed. Sound good?

guineapig
12-09-2010, 12:24 PM
How about, on P99 once Kerafyrm is awakened he roams every zone on Velious, Kunark and classic until he is killed. Sound good?

That would be pretty bad-ass. As long as he is not in the form of a human male. That would suck not seeing something like that coming at ya.

Torqumada286
12-09-2010, 12:27 PM
That would be pretty bad-ass. As long as he is not in the form of a human male. That would suck not seeing something like that coming at ya.

Sneak and Hide instead as the huge dragon leaps out from behind the trees at you.

Torqumada

Maurk
12-09-2010, 12:53 PM
FUUUUU

I so should of worshiped tunare.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4646

hot diggity

guineapig
12-09-2010, 01:43 PM
FUUUUU

I so should of worshiped tunare.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4646

hot diggity

Don't feel so bad man. Getting this at the end of the server timeline doesn't leave you much to do with it. No doubt it's an amazing weapon due to the proc alone but dwarves can barrel role and... well that never gets old.

Maurk
12-09-2010, 02:42 PM
True, but at a time where Paladins really aren't meant to do noteworthy DPS,
A badass sword with the AC of a BP is just epic.
And I believe I'm not screwed out of this amazing weapon anyways,
turns out It can be MQ'd apparently, though I still haven't found out if thats the truly the case.

haha the barrel roll does never get old..

nalkin
12-09-2010, 03:21 PM
but dwarves can barrel role and... well that never gets old.

Actually its a somersault. A barrel roll is the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oLHOpTTuOE&feature=related

Note the different axes of rotation.

Additional Sources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv5qzMtLE60

guineapig
12-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Actually its a somersault. A barrel roll is the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oLHOpTTuOE&feature=related

Note the different axes of rotation.

I stand corrected!

You have to admit though that the name "barrel roll" sounds way cooler and is much more apropos to a dwarf though. ;)

Occam's Butter Knife
12-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Among the best of the under used dungeons is the Tower of frozen Shadows (http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/towerfrozenshadow.html).

Taluvill
12-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Sleeper should definitely be an end of the server event, but I have a few feelings as to why it wont happen.

Any guild that can hold their own in sleepers tomb and kill the warders has the instant "FUCK YOU" button that they can release at any one point. We already know the danger of releasing the sleeper, a zone-roaming, kick-ass dragon that will rofl stomp everyone.

I just have this inner feeling that one guild or another will just get so ticked off that they will end up dropping the bomb on the server, with everyone logging out for fear of losing their corpse.

I do think it would be a cool scenario in which the guild leaders have to come together and merge forces to destroy the sleeper, basically a serverwide event, at which point everquest ends.

azeth
12-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I do think it would be a cool scenario in which the guild leaders have to come together and merge forces to destroy the sleeper, basically a serverwide event, at which point everquest ends.

roll credits -

Producer: Nilbog
Other notables: Azeth & the Dark Ascensions

nalkin
12-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Guarantee this server won't end at velious. I am putting this here so a couple years from now I can quote myself when it happens.

Taluvill
12-09-2010, 04:11 PM
roll credits -

Producer: Nilbog
Musical Talent: Azeth & the Dark Ascensions

Fixed that for ya

Edit: but yes. That would be the idea. The game may not be over, but I bet we could all get some sleep for the first time in 3 years because it would be a long discussion before we could get to find whats "next"

Edit2: Idea: Members of all the top guilds move to Everquest Next on live and continue the struggle for dominance there. Wouldn't that be something?

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
12-09-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm pretty sure they had the same stats as the Primal Weapons but did not proc AVatar.
EDIT: Oh wait it changes around so many times... Primal, Velium, Prismatic, Secundae. Which ones were droppable at the same time, any?

Before sleeper release = Primal Velium XXX, proc avatar
Post sleeper release = Ancient Prismatic XXX, same stats, procs avatar (some have different graphics from Primal)

Releasing the sleeper cockblock other guilds from some items, like sceptre of destruction, but has nothing to do with stopping others from getting avatar proc'ing weapons.

I played on Xev which, iirc, kept the sleeper asleep longer than any other server except Karana? second longest anyway. We had an agreement between the raiding guilds to always leave a warder up and much farming was done by all. It's not impossible to arrive at such a situation... just unusual.

knottyb0y
12-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Velious, Kael Drakkel Raids, TOV Raids, and Sleepers Tomb Raids are why I am playing this server. I cannot wait to see Velious, I really hope the community lasts and I am well into raiding with Dendris.

Cruise
12-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Velious, Kael Drakkel Raids, TOV Raids, and Sleepers Tomb Raids are why I am playing this server. I cannot wait to see Velious, I really hope the community lasts and I am well into raiding with Dendris.

Pretty much this. The game got exponentially better with Kunark, and infinitely better with Velious.

RKromwell
12-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Waking the Sleeper should wipe the server clean, perma death for everyone. Weeeeee.

Alexzia
12-10-2010, 02:23 AM
Before sleeper release = Primal Velium XXX, proc avatar
Post sleeper release = Ancient Prismatic XXX, same stats, procs avatar (some have different graphics from Primal)

Releasing the sleeper cockblock other guilds from some items, like sceptre of destruction, but has nothing to do with stopping others from getting avatar proc'ing weapons.
This isn't right.

Primal originally dropped before and after the sleeper was awakened. Originally, after the sleeper was released, there were no warder dragons in ST any longer, just the golems. Thus if the sleeper was awakened, there were only three mobs that had a chance to drop primal in the zone. Awakening the sleeper significantly reduces the amount of new primal weapons coming into the game, though they are still attainable.

Prismatics are from the ST revamp or Kerafyrm's Lair. It isn't updated until Luclin era, IE, isn't supposed to be on p99.

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
12-10-2010, 10:05 AM
This isn't right.

Primal originally dropped before and after the sleeper was awakened. Originally, after the sleeper was released, there were no warder dragons in ST any longer, just the golems. Thus if the sleeper was awakened, there were only three mobs that had a chance to drop primal in the zone. Awakening the sleeper significantly reduces the amount of new primal weapons coming into the game, though they are still attainable.

Prismatics are from the ST revamp or Kerafyrm's Lair. It isn't updated until Luclin era, IE, isn't supposed to be on p99.

Ahh, I suppose this is news to me because of how long Xev let the Sleeper lie.

Rahnza
12-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Sceptre of destruction is the #1 reason to wake the sleeper, shroud of longevity is #2.

Rahnza
12-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Mask of tinkering is #meh.

Scrooge
12-10-2010, 10:47 PM

But even if you do see it coming, I imagine it'd fly so fast there wouldn't be any time to put up any kind of resistance.

Orruar
12-11-2010, 09:43 AM
With the turnover rate top guilds see here, they'd be idiots to wake the sleeper, no matter how many sods they had banked.

Nedala
12-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Sleeper should definitely be an end of the server event, but I have a few feelings as to why it wont happen.

Any guild that can hold their own in sleepers tomb and kill the warders has the instant "FUCK YOU" button that they can release at any one point. We already know the danger of releasing the sleeper, a zone-roaming, kick-ass dragon that will rofl stomp everyone.

I just have this inner feeling that one guild or another will just get so ticked off that they will end up dropping the bomb on the server, with everyone logging out for fear of losing their corpse.

100k bet it will be your guild....and everybody knows why.

Taluvill
12-11-2010, 04:18 PM
100k bet it will be your guild....and everybody knows why.

*shrug* It could just as well be IB, or Divinity, or guild X that pops up within the next 2 years. You really can't judge whats going to happen two years down the line and whos going to do it.