PDA

View Full Version : Best of the Best

Deanob
01-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Who here remembers Best of the Best tourny's back in Kunark?

Whos down for some Class specific best of the best and 5v5?

Scrooge
01-24-2010, 02:58 PM
I think it'd be a great idea to organize something like a tourney between guilds, to settle things like MEN and not like rotation-loving whatever!

Zexa
01-24-2010, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SQvDP5xh5c

^Talk about good music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1NBqY4IPRc

^Talk about better music. (If anyone knows that "Point of No Return" song feel free to post the name here. I've been looking for it, but no luck.)

fizbanic
01-24-2010, 03:07 PM
I hate best of the best, the reason why is I entered it with my 16 necro, I paid the 10 plat fee. after sitting and waiting a bit the gm's went over the ruless, First rule out was that necro's could not use fear.

Myself and nearly every necro screamed foul asked for our plat back and we all left.

Anuril
01-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Best of the Best was one of the best GM organized events I witnessed in EQ. I'm all for it here on P99.

Spud
01-24-2010, 03:23 PM
wasnt it during Velious?

cuz i remember getting the beat down by a cleric with a full suit of Crazy Cleric armor and i was like, wtf mate?

Humerox
01-24-2010, 03:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SQvDP5xh5c

^Talk about good music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1NBqY4IPRc

^Talk about better music. (If anyone knows that "Point of No Return" song feel free to post the name here. I've been looking for it, but no luck.)

That was Centory w/ Turbo B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vs1VSAlhaU

WyldGunz
01-24-2010, 03:39 PM
If you Youtube best of the best contest EQ youll notice one thing in common with all the winners 8) They were mostly from my old guild Prophets who were posted on Vallon zek server , i conpeated in it but was beaten by my guildmate lol. 8) YAY go us

fizbanic
01-24-2010, 03:39 PM
I know I did a BoB before velius, I started playing EQ shortly after RoK came out and the Bob was shortly after that.

Zaren
01-24-2010, 03:40 PM
The class specifics started with warrior and during Kunark, I remember because I won it on Terris Thule =P

The group best of the bests were much later after all the classes had had theirs and were during velious - also was on the winning team for this one and wont forget because I was starting to lose interest in the game.. I stuck around long enough for the championships on the test server, after finishing up I never went back to EQ.. until P1999! This was right before Luclin came out.

Definitely my favorite EQ memories - I'll never forget winning the first warrior one, there were so many people crowded around the arena I had to go to a friend's house to use his better computer due to video lag. After winning, I was spammed with minimum 1000 tells after the announcement. A very fun time, would love to see best of the best tournaments again.

Bayleo
01-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Hehe! I remember doing the cleric BOTB. Wow...it was...really sad...and long...and it always ended in maces swinging.

WyldGunz
01-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Nanak won the world wide warrior contest ... he was our main tank

Jadian
01-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah Nanak was a cool guy, I remember that.

Deanob
01-24-2010, 06:51 PM
I came in 2nd on the warrior one on my server, didnt get to go :(

Akim
01-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I got raped early in the druid BOTB.
lol, slow computer ftl. Great memories none the less.

Zaren
01-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Ah ha! I'm in that botb warrior vid for a moment lol, half elf war, old man face, full cobalt except indico BP.

Good times..

Barfight
01-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Quit bragging you jerk.

Zaren
01-26-2010, 02:21 AM
/duel barfight

Rogean
01-26-2010, 04:24 AM
an official botb will be done at some point.

Hasbinbad
01-26-2010, 05:07 AM
By the Beard of Zeus!!

Hasbinbad
01-26-2010, 05:09 AM
Great Odin's Raven!!

Heebee
03-01-2010, 12:59 AM
The class specifics started with warrior and during Kunark, I remember because I won it on Terris Thule =P

The group best of the bests were much later after all the classes had had theirs and were during velious - also was on the winning team for this one and wont forget because I was starting to lose interest in the game.. I stuck around long enough for the championships on the test server, after finishing up I never went back to EQ.. until P1999! This was right before Luclin came out.

Definitely my favorite EQ memories - I'll never forget winning the first warrior one, there were so many people crowded around the arena I had to go to a friend's house to use his better computer due to video lag. After winning, I was spammed with minimum 1000 tells after the announcement. A very fun time, would love to see best of the best tournaments again.

The Paladin class specific was most definitely during Velious, I already had Velious armor at the time I won mine on Terris-Thule. When we were moved to Test server for the championships, they moved me to frigging Thurgadin, so I had to find my way back to the Arena on foot!

guineapig
03-01-2010, 01:25 AM
I can't wait.

Enchanters have the best arsenal when it comes to dueling in my opinion. Chain stuns, mana syphon, cripple (works as snare against other casters), slow, blind...

I'm probably missing like 10 more tricks in there but I'm tired.

Hell, the only dirrect damage I would use would be a dagger with max attack and maybe a single debuff dot. Our nukes are too slow to cast and the stun only lasts an instant. Nukes are for wussies!!!