PDA

View Full Version : Best Duo - Level 15 and under.

Sedanis
12-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Hello All,

There are a ton of duo threads on here, but this one is with a twist (and one where a ton of choices would work).

A friend and I are former EQ players from back during the Kunark-Velious era. We want to jump on p1999 with the goal of completely cleaning out Black Burrow. My friend wants to play a Necro, some options for a partner I am considering are:

Paladin (tank and LoH)
Ranger (Tank and snare)
Shaman (healing, SoW, Tank)
Druid (Harmony, Dmg shield on Pet, Healing, Snare).

I remember playing a Druid my first play through, and being able to tank and melee decently through lvl 14 or so (dmg shield was useful I think). And then I duo'd with my brother as a Pally and Warrior up to about lvl twenty as well.

What are some of the fun lowbie duos others have done?

Lowlife
12-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Magician.

or w/ a necro later on i had alot of success duoing with one as a rogue.

slouth
12-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Shaman.... DOT's over lap, you can slow, heal pet, supply buffs, and Regen to the necro, I think it would be pretty unstoppable. But I played a shaman on Live so im bias!!!!

Engraverwilliam
12-10-2010, 06:13 PM
We are having fun Playing warrior/Cleric combo cant wait till 14

Bubbles
12-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Mage
Necro
Druid.

Druid probably the most popular choice since it's such an incredible fear-kiting combo.. But honestly, there isn't nearly as much content to fear-kite in classic that's worth the time and effort. The real joy of druid is the regen/heal aspect, along with the porting (which is always great to have).

Since you're looking at more of a likely-balanced style, with plenty of dungeon crawls and exploring, Mage/Necro or Necro/Necro would go a long way. A druid simply doesnt add much in close quarters compared to the other two combos.

The mage DS + Pet + DD + heals adds incredible dps and survivability.. And two necros can heal and mez and undead lull and root and split camps and pretty much do anything they want with little to no real risk. (3 cheers for Feign Death)

Also, considering the evil nature of the necro, you may want to consider other aspects when making your choice, such as making the mage a good race, etc for selling abiities (druid even easier since they can be loaded up and simple bind, port to a ring, and gate back, etc.

But yeah, above all else, if you get past the redundancy, it's darn near impossible to kill a pair of necros in most situations. And when starting from scratch, pet casters are very easy to gear up AND require very little gear to begin with.

Orruar
12-11-2010, 11:04 AM
For a level 15 and under duo, dots and fear kiting are pointless. Mobs die too fast to make either efficient. So ditch the druid and shaman ideas. Go with mage, or another necro, or enc. All have pets that can lay out some dps along with nukes. Enc has the bonus of long duration stun at level 12 for the few mobs you run into that hit hard.

Sedanis
12-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the suggestions all.

One thing I like about the caster combo's is that your not as gear dependent. (And since we're in Qeynos, we wouldn't have to travel to EC to find someone to make banded armor or sell a cheap weapon).

Enchanter could be interesting for the Lull pulls and slow on yellows (help the Necro pet tank).

Mage is interesting for the stronger pet, damage shields at lvl 8 and summon bandages. :P

Seems like their lvl 12 DD are all AE based, so may be less effective until lvl 16. On the other hand the Enchanter has new DoTs at 12.

Timzilla
12-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Pick anything. Blackborrow is already cleared.

Sephrana
12-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Bard is an overlooked duo partner!!! in lower levels I used to duo bard/warrior working my way up to a monk/bard duo...

Bard/Mage was good at lower levels as was Bard/Necro

In my high 40's maybe early 50's on live I duo'd a lot with SK's.

*shrugs* I personally think necro/bard is great :P but i'm sure ninety people will charm in and disagree. sorry - gotta pimp my class ;)

I'd think shaman/necro would be good too :P
monk/druid and monk/shaman are cool also :)