PDA

View Full Version : Making Plat in the mid 20's

davedeck42
12-11-2010, 07:06 AM
I used the search function and unfortunately the most relevant thread was more geared towards evil classes killing good npcs. I would rather avoid the faction hits but was wondering peoples ideas on places to make cash for 3 lvl 24 chars (mage/chanter/druid op.. i know =P) like i said, all are good races. I also wouldnt mind camps in a dungeon, just something that is worthwhile to farm or mobs to grind.

Estu
12-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Aviaks in SK are nice. There's probably some dungeon with better or equivalent lewts and a nice ZEM, though.

RapidScotch
12-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Gargoyles in OOT - drops Gargoyle eyes
( http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2858 ) sell for about 9 or 10pp depending on your cha I think :))

quellren
12-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Both my shaman and Necro spent some time in the early 20's on the Gargoyle isle in OOT,
The eyes sell for good money, but they aren't the dream camp you might hope.
They are often camped and people get really butt-hurt when you don't respect the camp, regardless of the 'camps, defined' thread clearly stating that roaming outdoor mobs cannot be claimed as a camp.
Gargoyles also share spawn points with the skeletons, and if you don't keep those down as well, it's entirely possible to have zero gargoyles up for a long time.
I've also had spec campers actively kill them because they drop 10p eyes.
I enjoyed my time out there, but it's not drama free by any means, especially during prmetime. Expect to share the island, and fight for spawns.

phantom
12-11-2010, 01:42 PM
They are often camped and people get really butt-hurt when you don't respect the camp, regardless of the 'camps, defined' thread clearly stating that roaming outdoor mobs cannot be claimed as a camp.

You can camp wandering outdoor mobs if you're ready to engage them right around when they spawn

Crone
12-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Both my shaman and Necro spent some time in the early 20's on the Gargoyle isle in OOT,
The eyes sell for good money, but they aren't the dream camp you might hope.
Gargoyles also share spawn points with the skeletons, and if you don't keep those down as well, it's entirely possible to have zero gargoyles up for a long time.
I've also had spec campers actively kill them because they drop 10p eyes.
I enjoyed my time out there, but it's not drama free by any means, especially during prmetime. Expect to share the island, and fight for spawns.

It's getting you ready for seafuries later on. :D

Ralexia
12-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Do sister isle hut in ocean of tears. There are 2 sisters in there; one is 24 the other is 25. They're melee. They each drop a longsword that retails for 11.5pp 100% of the time and frequently drop purity belts that sell for 1.4pp and research components. They respawn every 6.5 minutes. I made about 250pp/hour leveling from 25-35 on my necro here. There's a dwarf vendor on sister isle that was apprehensive to my erudite necro. If you're kos to that dwarf and the nearby vendor on AC island this spot isn't as good. The swords are heavy and you can't be running far to vendor because this spot is frequently camped. You also ruin your elf faction but who cares if you're a mage/necro?

-oh i didn't realize this was a 3person group. Well, you could still try it out. There's 4 dwarfs on the island that are also lvl 24ish. There's 3 more sisters by the docks you could kill but they don't drop the swords. That might give you enough to kill. They all respawn quick.

-bah i should learn to read. you don't want the faction hits. Umm... go kill in sol a? You could camp foreman/kobold.

Kavanah
12-11-2010, 02:06 PM
You can merchant if you're good at that kind of thing ;)

quellren
12-11-2010, 03:22 PM
You can camp wandering outdoor mobs if you're ready to engage them right around when they spawn

You can't claim all 17 spawn points at the same time. Thus, you can't claim the island as your camp.
You have 2 options:
1) claim 1 or 2 points and lock them down
2) run around like a mad-man and hope to get more FTE than the other guy.

Lill-Leif
12-14-2010, 11:06 AM
HHK goblins. Good xp and they drop some bronze/ears/words etc.

Dantes
12-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Second for HHK goblins. Snag up those ears too, people buy them for faction - up to 10pp per ear. Also, sometimes the guard killers are all full up on loot and they just leave fine steel weapons on the guards upstairs. Usually they OOC about it if there's loot to be had. Also a uguk group is always a great source of income. Have lots of room for loot in your bags.

davedeck42
12-14-2010, 02:45 PM
appreciate the feedback guys!

Dr4z3r
12-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Second for Upper Guk.

1) Kill frogs
2) Acquire Mesh armor
3) ???
5) Profit.

Orov
12-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Aviak Guards in Lake Rathe (arena and diving board spots) drop decent money and bronze weapons, mammoths in EF also drop tusks that sell for 10p each to vendor.

insum
12-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Nybright sisters and bandits in lesser faydark drop bronze weapons a lot, you can make some good money there but they are only lvl 15 or so. Then theres wooly mammoths in Everfrost, buy a collapsable spit 10 slot giant size (they weigh a lot though) from halas and go kill mamoths they drop tusks wich sell for 10plat each are giant size and fit the spit.

feste
12-14-2010, 10:33 PM
i would say mammoths out front of permafrost. the tusks are 10 pp each and if you camp inside perma you can get to where they drop FS weapons and that should be good loot too.

Muchew
12-15-2010, 12:47 AM
i would say mammoths out front of permafrost. the tusks are 10 pp each and if you camp inside perma you can get to where they drop FS weapons and that should be good loot too.

As long as that druid is definetely with you. Those tusks weigh you down fast. With no sow you wont be moving far.

feste
12-15-2010, 02:19 AM
As long as that druid is definetely with you. Those tusks weigh you down fast. With no sow you wont be moving far.

for real. i as an evil necro bound myself at the bank and vendors in the qeynos catacombs lol i did the run back once..

Troy
12-15-2010, 04:21 PM
SK Centaurs, there is a vendor in the camp so you can stay there indefinitely.