PDA

View Full Version : agro kiting on P1999?

Seeatee
12-11-2010, 11:53 PM
I love to kite, but have not tried it yet here on P1999, so I have some questions.

who are the better agro kiters? druids or necros? at what level can each one efficiently agro kite?

and a bit of a side question pertaining to druids, what is the best / easiest way to solo level them up to where they can begin agro kiting? or am I best off grouping until that point?

thanks in advance for any info!

Rottening
12-12-2010, 01:28 AM
I've aggro kited from about lvl4 to currently lvl36 as a necro. I plan on doing that until 50.

I have a druid on Al'Kabor, which I have played for 5-6 years now. I've aggro kited maybe 10 times. With the druid, I ended up kiting, root roting, or charm killing. Never had much use for aggro kiting...I always found charm killing or quadding better xp. I guess quadding is a form of aggro kiting.

It's easier as a necro because we have a pet and better dots. Dual wielding pet damage while kiting is great.

With a druid, you have root at a low level, so you can root rot or you can go the aggro kiting route. Up to you. The earliest level is whatever level you get snare at...4 or 8. Doesn't make sense to aggro kite without snare.

DOPE
12-12-2010, 01:52 AM
I'm playing a necro right now & aggro kiting is SICK! Burn through red con mobs like it's nothing. Definitely more exciting than kiting on a druid ;x

Seeatee
12-12-2010, 09:32 AM
as a necro, is it pretty easy to kite w/o sow given the increased mob run speed? or will I be investing heavily in sow pots?

Rottening
12-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Once you can snare, it is trivial. Before that, gets a little tricky.

quellren
12-12-2010, 11:23 AM
It's tricky with clinging darkness because the snare is so minimal, and you don't have alot of DoTs to stack, but it can be done.
It gets much better with Engulfing Darkness (plus the extra DoTs) and is pretty much game over with Dooming Darkness.

I prefer it to fear kiting by far. Just make sure you turn pet taunt off.

Seeatee
12-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Ive never been a fan of fear kiting, having to keep fear up on the mob, much easier and more relaxing to just run around and let him chase you like a idiot and slowly die lol, not sure why, I have just always really enjoyed agro kiting a lot. :D

Ralexia
12-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Strafing and jumping will get you ahead of the mob if you gain agro when darkness is resisted. Usually, I'll wait until about 5% damage is done by the pet so that it will maintain agro if darkness is resisted. Remember, you can always FD to clear agro if you're in a pickle.

Fear kiting isn't too bad either. Sure it costs extra mana to fear, but you get to meditate while fear is in effect. When agro kiting, you can't unless you have room and time a 1 second sit with the mana ticks. Fear kiting is also superior against casters.

Rottening
12-12-2010, 03:19 PM
I posted something in bugs regarding fear before, but never got a response.

Basically, the diminishing returns on the 2nd fear is really jacked up. It essentially does nothing.

Mcbard
12-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Fear kiting with fear clicky from Kaesora was pretty awesome back in the day.

canardvc
12-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Fear kiting isn't too bad either. Sure it costs extra mana to fear, but you get to meditate while fear is in effect. When agro kiting, you can't unless you have room and time a 1 second sit with the mana ticks. Fear kiting is also superior against casters.

Well, as long as you've got the room and engulfing darkness you can sit and take the meditated mana regen tick. Haven't tried with lower level snares.

If you need to recast (which you'll do, since you're kitting white ++ considering mobs right ? :D ) you'll have to skip a sat tick to take enough room to recast. Just need to count the yellow lines in the chat.

agro kiting on P1999?
I love to kite, but have not tried it yet here on P1999, so I have some questions.

who are the better agro kiters? druids or necros? at what level can each one efficiently agro kite?

and a bit of a side question pertaining to druids, what is the best / easiest way to solo level them up to where they can begin agro kiting? or am I best off grouping until that point?

thanks in advance for any info!
Hey don't forget bards please, thanks :)