PDA

View Full Version : Question

Damaja
12-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Is Paineel still a good grind spot for solo like it once was? Was good money and xp for someone starting out. Has anything changed with that and also at what level might my Cleric solo down there using the Undead Wards? I want to come back and play my Cleric who is 19 ... about the time I got started here Real life reared it's ugly head but gonna try a comeback and get to end game to raid some. I want to Solo and I know if i do that it will have to be against Undead.

PS: I am referring to the Paineel Guards btw

Cruise
12-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Paineel isn't available yet as a zone.

I'm probably wrong though.

Damaja
12-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Erudite Necros come from there :)

I'm probably wrong though.
You are sir

Rahnza
12-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Last time I ran a character through Paineel, the skeletons aren't nearly as numerous as they were on live. On live, each decaying skeleton spawn point would spawn around 3 skeletons, as soon as the last skeleton in the set was killed the entire group of skeletons would respawn, ensuring that there would always be decaying skeletons in the newbie garden. On P99 they were implemented as normal spawns and not nearly as numerous, unless they fixed it which I doubt.

Edit: Just noticed you were talking about a level 19 char, so probably referring to the guards. You can kill them and they're great money but the respawn time is ridiculously long.

Damaja
12-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Last time I ran a character through Paineel, the skeletons aren't nearly as numerous as they were on live. On live, each decaying skeleton spawn point would spawn around 3 skeletons, as soon as the last skeleton in the set was killed the entire group of skeletons would respawn, ensuring that there would always be decaying skeletons in the newbie garden. On P99 they were implemented as normal spawns and not nearly as numerous, unless they fixed it which I doubt.

Edit: Just noticed you were talking about a level 19 char, so probably referring to the guards. You can kill them and they're great money but the respawn time is ridiculously long.

Yea the guards are what I am talking about, very sorry I didn't make it more clear hehe my bad, yea I want to chill down there and farm guards. What level do I need to be to do that with a Cleric (solo) using my Ward Undead line of spells on P99?

Lazortag
12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Last time I ran a character through Paineel, the skeletons aren't nearly as numerous as they were on live. On live, each decaying skeleton spawn point would spawn around 3 skeletons, as soon as the last skeleton in the set was killed the entire group of skeletons would respawn, ensuring that there would always be decaying skeletons in the newbie garden.

Is there a classic source on this? This would actually be really awesome if it was true.

This is the most I can find:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010515070202/www.everlore.com/bestiary/beastdetails.asp?mode=show&BID=185146

For any and all newbies to this area, you don't have to worry about Noclin's pet. He spawns once every couple of days, and he's a low level, easy kill. These decaying skeletons spawn in groups of about 6 in one spot in the zone, and is a great place to fight if you can take them, because if you attack one, they will all fight you. Great exp if you are a low enough level to take advantage of this.

a newbie monster that dwells here, there are lots of them in this area i mean LOTS this is the petfect for necros to collect bone chips.

Damaja
12-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Anyone know what the earliest level a Cleric could solo the inside Guard with Ward undead type spells?

Rahnza
12-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Is there a classic source on this? This would actually be really awesome if it was true.

This is the most I can find:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010515070202/www.everlore.com/bestiary/beastdetails.asp?mode=show&BID=185146

My only source is experience from live; it was the best place on Norrath to farm bonechips. I spent a lot of time here using the bonechips for Cabalis faction as well as PLing twinks via the Kaladim bonechip quest. Bunches of skeletons instantly spawning and then wandering off in random directions in that newbie garden is kinda imprinted on my mind.

I'm 95% sure this is how they spawned but I am 100% sure there isn't nearly enough decaying skeletons on P99 compared to live.

Edit: As far as the guards, I don't know, depends on how good you are. I think I was killing these around level 16 on my necro but it was really rough, and not worth it with the 1 hour or whatever respawn times (which I'm also almost positive isn't classic, I used to farm these guards on live and never remember running out). They really range a lot in level, I want to say from 14-16 up to 24 or so. Some of the guards deeper in are probably even higher. Also the space is really cramped, and there are often 2-3 guards standing near each other.

Damaja
12-13-2010, 11:34 PM
The respawns are that long on this server for those guards?

Ralexia
12-14-2010, 02:40 AM
My only source is experience from live; it was the best place on Norrath to farm bonechips. I spent a lot of time here using the bonechips for Cabalis faction as well as PLing twinks via the Kaladim bonechip quest. Bunches of skeletons instantly spawning and then wandering off in random directions in that newbie garden is kinda imprinted on my mind.

I'm 95% sure this is how they spawned but I am 100% sure there isn't nearly enough decaying skeletons on P99 compared to live.

I also remember there being a ton of skeletons in Paineel. However, I didn't play a character near Paineel until late Kunark, early Velious. I tried looking for old info about it but the best I found was from 9/22/02 (http://monklybusiness43508.yuku.com/reply/15775/t/Guide-to-Bone-Chip-factioning-for-the-Human-monk.html#reply-15775). If you can't get a hold of a 60 Necro and are getting tired of Kurn's, I've made a killing with bone chips in the Paineel Newbie area.

Kill all wandering decaying skellies when you enter the newbie area. Then go into overhead view and walk around the zone. You will notice after a while that there are several ground triggers that spawn 3 decaying skellies not too far from each ground trigger. The triggers only spawn the 3 decaying skellies when the 3 from the previous spawn have been killed (One I found could actually spawn 2 sets of 3 decaying skellies).

bizzum
12-14-2010, 03:23 AM
The guards have different tiers if you want to call it that. The good thing is while they do help each other, most are single pulls, you can lull, and there is no faction hit so if you arn't KOS already (I don't know what the faction is but a troll shaman is KOS and a dwarf paladin isn't) you can run around freely and scope things out.

I dont know the exact levels, but the first two guards by the elevator, along with the 2 in the first courtyard and just past the first teleporter outside were all green at 30 or 31. There is a guard in between the first two pairs I mentioned that was green from 31 till at least 35 or 36, I forget. Also past the first teleport in the SK(?) guild there is one more guard that was of the same level. Once you go into the area by the bank/vendors, there are 3 single spawns that are blue till 34/35+, plus a pair by the Necro(?) guild that are of similar level. Also one more in the guild hall.

I was there for random parts of 30-35, was decent (not good because of the numerous greens) in the lower part of that range, got worse up to 35/36 but still decent cash (I'd compare to Halflings). I'd say 25-35 is a good range to check it out and see cons, as long as you arn't KOS since I am fairly certian those blue cons in between the greens would hurt. Definitely an okay soloing spot from 30-35, but I'd say exp wise halflings are better...Cash might be about the same? Never really looked that hard into it.

I know there are more guards in the portal past the bank, ranging from 30-40+, including a wandering guy that was KOS to the aforementioned Shaman and Paladin that tended to be a nusiance, but also more pulls right around there for the lower range of levels. I think just a bit past there it gets into a higher tier that I am unfamiliar with, but I've seen people doing it.

I'd say overall, for an usually uncontested area it is decent for low to mid-30s if you need to solo and can get there easily, but sometimes Toxx ports are annoying and binding there causes getting back to be a pain or facing the annoance of a bad CR. Steady cash, about a 15 minute spawn timer. Probably faster places though.

Damaja
12-14-2010, 11:33 AM
My Cleric is a Dark Elf ... wondering are Dark Elves KoS there & if I am KoS is there a way to build up faction to neutral there? I used to think if I remember right, The Warens gave Paineel faction .... not even sure if the Warrens are even up yet but if they are is the faction given there the same as live that it raises Paineel faction?

bizzum
12-14-2010, 08:14 PM
You are correct in both; you can raise your faction in the warrens and the warrens is not yet existant. I dont know about kobolds in Toxx but so much more difficult. My suggestion is to get a wolf form to get a key from the guy the ports you, and you can scout out the area in wolf form before it wears to see the cons and set up a strat.

ir0nfist
12-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Not exactly on topic, but I remember Paineel not being open in classic. There were 2 skels outside the entrance with pick axes saying they were building something I think and you could not enter it. Necros used to start elsewhere but I can't remember exactly where. I think maybe there was a building outside in Toxx that they started in. I made a necro the other day and was like Where the heck am I? I'm not sure when that area was released but I know for a fact it wasn't there when the game was released.

korrowan
12-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Not exactly on topic, but I remember Paineel not being open in classic. There were 2 skels outside the entrance with pick axes saying they were building something I think and you could not enter it. Necros used to start elsewhere but I can't remember exactly where. I think maybe there was a building outside in Toxx that they started in. I made a necro the other day and was like Where the heck am I? I'm not sure when that area was released but I know for a fact it wasn't there when the game was released.

Jesus who cares..it was released 2 mos before Kunark so at this point it would be open.