PDA

View Full Version : aqua gobs and plat?

Seeatee
12-13-2010, 12:40 PM
does anyone remember what period it was when the aqua gobs in BB mountains were dropping items that vendored really well? iirc they were dropping items that would sell in the 4 pp range, it was either around the time sol ro came out, or with the release of kunark, and they dropped them until about half way through luclin IIRC.

does anyone know if this is live now? or will be at any point on this server since it was on live?

senna
12-13-2010, 12:46 PM
yea I remember farming the shit out of those guys

Chanus
12-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Looks like the nerf was around March 2003 (http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=188&page=1&howmany=50#msg104785904471704) (Shortly after Ykesha was released)

The items that sold for around four plat were:

Aqua Goblin Backbone
Aqua Goblin Headress
Dirjadak's Chipped Stein
Vial of Aqua Goblin Blood

The earliest mention I can find of the items being worth that much looks like around August of 2002, so well after the Luclin release.

Rangerous
12-13-2010, 12:54 PM
That was an insanely contested camp on live. I remember screamfests going on in BB while I would run to DC and unrest.

guineapig
12-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah, we won't be seeing those changes on this server.
The closest we had was back when the server first launched all the aqua goblins were melee only mobs so you could easily solo them without fear of getting your face nuked off.

People passed up the camp because the drops were worthless (mostly just arrows), but it was a nice quiet place where nobody bothered you and the solo exp was good.