PDA

View Full Version : P99 should Go Up to Frogloks

Haliyen
04-24-2016, 12:48 AM
Anyone agree?

move it up to PoP? for all the newer playable class/race combos and add in frogs and cats. At least make it so you can choose the different classes for the original races. I mean it'd still be classic just with more races/classes making it better. Or even leave it so you can't get to any of the other newer zones, but just add in the new races and classes.

Jimjam
04-24-2016, 12:49 AM
Frogloks are way after PoP... LoY, which was part o the LDON story line leading up to GoD/OOW expansions.

Herpa Derp
04-24-2016, 12:51 AM
No. Frogs weren't POP. Very few people are likely to want frogs, and I like them. Also, be wary of saying "It's classic" about anything, at all.

Haliyen
04-24-2016, 12:52 AM
Frogloks are way after PoP... LoY, which was part o the LDON story line leading up to GoD/OOW expansions.
When did they make it possible for the more class options on the original races?

Haliyen
04-24-2016, 12:53 AM
No. Frogs weren't POP. Very few people are likely to want frogs, and I like them. Also, be wary of saying "It's classic" about anything, at all.
Well none of its rly classic is it?it hasn't been 20 or 25 years however many years it takes to call something classic.

Jimjam
04-24-2016, 12:55 AM
When did they make it possible for the more class options on the original races?

Luclin added short knights if that is what you want? GoD added Berserker and SoL added beastlord.

I'd love a Halfling ranger or a dwarf berserker even without those expansions. Not Classic though.

MiRo2
04-24-2016, 12:56 AM
While you may want frogloks, and may think they would impact the classic feel very little, there were alot of changes involved. Just to mention one, Grobb was overrun by the frogloks, and the trolls were forced to take up residence in Neriak.

Haliyen
04-24-2016, 12:57 AM
I'd love a Halfling ranger or a dwarf berserker even without those expansions. Not Classic though.
That's what I'm sayin!! how far past the "classic" point were those added? I mean how many years? When exactly was the classic cutoff?

Haliyen
04-24-2016, 12:58 AM
While you may want frogloks, and may think they would impact the classic feel very little, there were alot of changes involved. Just to mention one, Grobb was overrun by the frogloks, and the trolls were forced to take up residence in Neriak.
That's why I was thinking maybe just allow for the short knights and other playable classes for different races. Don't go all the way and add cats and frogs? Just a little more choice for class/race? So it doesn't completely change the lore.

MiRo2
04-24-2016, 01:04 AM
Changes for Low Level Characters:

Characters no longer lose experience for death below level 11.
Characters now begin first level with a stack of 20 food and drink.
Items no longer appear on a corpse if you are below level 10, they reappear with the character.
When a character "dings" level 10 you will be informed that your items will now be on your corpse.
Characters will no longer appear with a Tome of Discord. They must get one from the Priest of Discord.
New resurrection, evacuate and corpse summoning spells have been added at lower levels.
We've moved the newbie bind points closer to where characters first start out, not outside in their newbie areas.
Halflings and Gnomes have new classes available to them: Halfling Rangers and Paladins as well as Gnome ShadowKnights and Paladins. All of the necessary NPCs and items should be available for these new classes.

Release was between Shadows of Luclin and Planes of Power.

Videri
04-24-2016, 01:52 AM
Never mind this post.

Tann
04-24-2016, 02:19 AM
Posting in the bi-monthly SoL and beyond thread

Trungep99
04-24-2016, 03:07 AM
By adding frog you would then allow Luclin graffics which suck

jcr4990
04-24-2016, 03:35 AM
Frogs were pretty cool. However it was always a pet peeve of mine that they didn't use guk frog models. Would've been so much cooler to have those as playable race.

Jimjam
04-24-2016, 05:14 AM
That's what I'm sayin!! how far past the "classic" point were those added? I mean how many years? When exactly was the classic cutoff?

Well, short knights are basically within a year of the scope of the server.

Frogs were a couple of years after that I suppose.

Since these changes will probably never come to p99, lets do some pointless wishlisting....

If frogs were implemented as a playable race, how would you handle it, as they don't have their own city? We'd want to disturb classic as little as possible.

IIRC on live trolls managed to win back grobb and booted the frogs out of the swamps to the mountains of rathe so there is the non-classic classic option.

My first thought was to start them in Qeynos Aqueducts with no newbie note, since there are a trio of frogs there already. No shaman trainers in Qeynos, but they can grab most of their spells from the existing guilds.

Any other suggestions?

leftharted
04-24-2016, 02:11 PM
Well, short knights are basically within a year of the scope of the server.

Frogs were a couple of years after that I suppose.

Since these changes will probably never come to p99, lets do some pointless wishlisting....

If frogs were implemented as a playable race, how would you handle it, as they don't have their own city? We'd want to disturb classic as little as possible.

IIRC on live trolls managed to win back grobb and booted the frogs out of the swamps to the mountains of rathe so there is the non-classic classic option.

My first thought was to start them in Qeynos Aqueducts with no newbie note, since there are a trio of frogs there already. No shaman trainers in Qeynos, but they can grab most of their spells from the existing guilds.

Any other suggestions?

Contributing on with the wish list train of thought; my first inquiry would be faction. At least, in the "current" of lore timeline.

Would they be universally hated, like iksar? Maybe friendly to iksar, and start in kunark??

Just day dreaming... I don't want the nexus or PoK added, but would be interesting to somehow incorporate some of those outer zones to P99 somehow, like the other planes of power minus the 'city'.

Or ad vah shir and start them on cat island in erud crossing?

Ooooo

mmmroo
04-24-2016, 02:25 PM
Luclin is more important, need that bazaar!

Swish
04-24-2016, 02:37 PM
Anyone agree?

move it up to PoP? for all the newer playable class/race combos and add in frogs and cats. At least make it so you can choose the different classes for the original races. I mean it'd still be classic just with more races/classes making it better. Or even leave it so you can't get to any of the other newer zones, but just add in the new races and classes.

There's other servers out there that offer it, if you're really interested.

james_bonde
04-24-2016, 02:57 PM
Anyone agree?

http://i.imgur.com/Q2qT7QW.jpg

Amargura
04-24-2016, 06:11 PM
No. Unless it's the classic frog model.

myriverse
04-25-2016, 06:53 AM
It's a sin to do anything with a frog except eat it.

Odann
04-25-2016, 08:17 AM
I'd love a Halfling ranger or a dwarf berserker even without those expansions.

You think you do...

But you don't.

Swish
04-25-2016, 08:20 AM
#RIPnostalrius

snergle
04-25-2016, 12:02 PM

I would love a dwf berserker as well but if you played zerks you know it would be a huge pita to release them. They came out when they swapped melee to using endurance for mana and their class revolved around it. If you kept it classic they would have their discs, be on the monk triple attack table and would have frenzy. They would have no axe summon, no reduce agro, no snare, no stun, and no volley. So they would be a warrior with a fancy kick, with warrior agro and between monk and rog dps in chain.

With all that said I would make a zerk the day the released them though. If I made my own p99 style server I would have bst and zerks to see what it would of been like if they were in from the start.

I plan to rp a dwf war as a zerk except wear plate.

maskedmelon
04-25-2016, 12:18 PM
Frogs were pretty cool. However it was always a pet peeve of mine that they didn't use guk frog models. Would've been so much cooler to have those as playable race.

This! Additionally, iksar should have used the CT lizardman models.

leftharted
04-25-2016, 01:19 PM

Id love if Iksar were swapped with CT lizardmen models =P

im not up to speed on my EQ lore; should they have been the lizardman models??? or was their some sort of event etc that explains the iksar's differences?? curious.

+1 for daydreaming of froglock/kerra playable races that use old-world models without adding nexus/PoP... assuming we can add a 'Sit' animation somehow... cuz I doubt they have one. heh.

myriverse
04-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Bah! Those lizards are the feeble inbred dregs left behind, like those disgusting Kerrans are to the Vah Shir.

Baler
04-25-2016, 04:54 PM
Stay in Velious!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1AHwlHri_o

Daywolf
04-25-2016, 05:21 PM
Anyone agree?
Translation: I don't like the fact that this server is different than the other 50 servers I can choose from that already cater to what I want. You must homogenize with my opinion of what EQ should be because I don't feel safe with the existence of P99 and it's heresy of nonconformity to the established system. Yes, most of those non-p99 servers are empty, but this server has a population imo for no particular reason and would greatly benefit by having no other choice once this server is brought into line with what is expected for EQ. I just don't see why anyone would want something different than all the rest
http://i.imgur.com/jf3XDe2.gif

Zekayy
04-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Nothing passed velious is classic in luclin you have Mounts the Bazzar The bazzar got rid of the classic EC Tunnel Trading also going passed velious would make all the classic zones dead idk why you all want it passed velious go play live if you want horses and aas and other shit that is not classic everquest

Zekayy
04-25-2016, 05:42 PM
In the Froglok Expansion which is Legacy Of Ykesha expansion they added maps which is not classic

Zekayy
04-25-2016, 05:43 PM
In Planes Of Power they had some good raiding yes but they had the PoK book which would put dial a port outta business

leftharted
04-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Nothing passed velious is classic in luclin you have Mounts the Bazzar The bazzar got rid of the classic EC Tunnel Trading also going passed velious would make all the classic zones dead idk why you all want it passed velious go play live if you want horses and aas and other shit that is not classic everquest

Whew!

i agree, i think the Nexus and PoK would hurt the flavor of p99... i think it would be hard to incorporate some of the external luclin zones into p99 without somehow including the nexus... but, i would love to see the other Planes added (Minus knowledge! i agree, we don't need port stones!) the issue would be how do we travel to/from; and the Stats on the gear would probably be too inflated... would require ALOT of work. So, definitely a daydream thatll probably never happen; but a fun one to consider still.

I also agree with AAs being a bit too much (accept for the ranger Bow AAs, those kicked ass.)

the bazaar was the same thing as the tunnel, just the AFK "cant haggle" version... i personally miss that, and would love that functionality. It was nice to just AFK all day and come back to check your PP... rather than have to babysit a "WTS/B" macro button..

but don't you dare knock my old Horse. I mained a cleric in live, and i freaking LOVED that horse.... i had the nice expensive one too, that was not far off from bard speed.

im probably in the minority; but i would Actually mess myself if horses were added to p99... Just horses, no nexus..... MmmmmmmHmmm....

Samven
04-25-2016, 06:45 PM
I would like it to go to luclin. I broke my teeth on that. Started playing a month before release. Made wizards the real dd leader thanks to familiars. New race and class. Buuuttt... i really don't play anymore since as a casual player there is nothing i can attain outside buying it, and too casual to make the plat to buy items.