PDA

View Full Version : Mixed bag of questions

Golaniel
04-24-2016, 01:40 PM
Hey all,

Being back in P99 for a month or so now, I have a few questions I'm hoping folks can help me out with.

- Is there any way to see a buff's original and/or remaining duration?

- Is there a ping meter? I thought I remembered one from when I played 15 years ago, but I can't find it now.

- Any reason why DuxaUI puts all of my resists in plain and prominent view, but not stats like STR/STA/AGI/DEX?

- In EQ2, body pulling gets a lot less agro from surrounding mobs. Is this the same in EQ1 (P99), or can I fearlessly pull with arrows.

- Is there an easy way to target a person in a crowd?

- When I swap from fullscreen -> windowed -> fullscreen mode, my view is slightly screwed up unless I reload duxaui. Any clue why this happens, and if it can be prevented?

- Sometimes when fighting cats (puma/plains cat) I get a bad echoing of the "ARGH" sound when I'm hit...any idea on that one? I've had it happen numerous times with cat mobs, but never that I remember with any other mobs.

Thanks in advance!

Sorn
04-24-2016, 01:50 PM
- Is there any way to see a buff's original and/or remaining duration?

No, that was taken out.

- Is there a ping meter? I thought I remembered one from when I played 15 years ago, but I can't find it now.

Yes. I forget what the shortcut is to show/hide that. ctrl+L, maybe?

- Any reason why DuxaUI puts all of my resists in plain and prominent view, but not stats like STR/STA/AGI/DEX?

Duxa should have your STR in the player window (where you can see what your current weight is). As for the rest, I have no answer since I didn't make the UI. You should find all of those in your inventory window, anyway.

- In EQ2, body pulling gets a lot less agro from surrounding mobs. Is this the same in EQ1 (P99), or can I fearlessly pull with arrows.

You should experiment...buuuuuut generally you have to use either harmony/lull or sneak+throw to get a chance at a single pull. Body-pulling tends to get more than one, just like if you throw or cast without doing anything to lower aggro range.

- Is there an easy way to target a person in a crowd?

Couple of ways. /target name might be the easiest. Thanks to our unclassic client, you can also tab through everyone in sight if you bind 'cycle through nearest PCs' to a key.

- When I swap from fullscreen -> windowed -> fullscreen mode, my view is slightly screwed up unless I reload duxaui. Any clue why this happens, and if it can be prevented?

I've never had any trouble switching back and forth repeatedly.

- Sometimes when fighting cats (puma/plains cat) I get a bad echoing of the "ARGH" sound when I'm hit...any idea on that one? I've had it happen numerous times with cat mobs, but never that I remember with any other mobs.

Usually this happens to me when I'm stunned. I've also had everything echo when I'm in a cave-like zone.

Ravager
04-24-2016, 01:53 PM
- Buffs timers were patched out, no way to see them.
- F11 shows/hides the latency meter.
- Just designed that way I presume.
- Depends on the type of mobs. Some assist their fellows, some don't.
- /target name can make a macro if you're targeting the same person repeatedly.
- Full screen and windowed modes have separate settings for resolution and such, so if you don't set them up the same way separately, they can do funky things with the game UI windows.
- The echoing "ARGH" happens if you've been stunned.

Good luck on your adventures!

RDawg816
04-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Is there a ping meter? I thought I remembered one from when I played 15 years ago, but I can't find it now.
Server ping? F11 toggles that.

Golaniel
04-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Thanks everyone! (that was fast)

Swish
04-24-2016, 02:22 PM
Turn down the sound "realism" or whatever it is to lose that echo.

applesauce25r624
04-24-2016, 03:14 PM

reroll ogre to prevent being bashed from the front :cool: :cool:

Randomiseduser
04-25-2016, 02:11 AM
You can also target someone who /tell you by hitting 'Ctrl+t'.

Varren
04-25-2016, 09:32 AM
I have the command to cycle through npcs set to tab, and the command to cycle pcs set to ~, so that helps. I also have a hotkey that is just /target [player] in case i am dealing w a spazzy wizard that often needs immediate help or an aggressor in the zone that i know might pop in at any time looking for trouble.

Golaniel
04-27-2016, 10:03 PM
Does the "realism" have any noticeable positive effects? If I remember right, when I logged in the first time it was turned way down, and I think I turned it up thinking "realism sounds good to me!"

xexbis0
04-28-2016, 12:50 AM
#BringBackBuffTimers2016

All the hardcores and some others use GINA which essentially is a super add-on that let's you see buff timers and all sorts of cheesy EZ mode crap. Can we just get the stupid buff timers back so we don't need to stoop to that level to see them?

fugazi
04-28-2016, 05:01 AM
But GINA also tells you when charm breaks, when you get attacked and other handy stuff. Even when alt-tabbed!

.. oh, I get your point.

Jimjam
04-28-2016, 05:21 AM
/rtarget targets last person to tell you.

/assist targets the target of your target

/assist (name) targets the target of name ('name' can be a player or npc)

You can target group members by clicking on them in the group window.

You can target yourself by pressing f1, then your pet by pressing f1 a second time.

f2-f6 target the appropriate group members (or their pet if double tapped).

f7 targets closest visible npc

f8 targets closest visible pc

You can set up hot keys to swap between yourself and your previous target.

You can set up hot keys to cycle through closest visible npcs.

You can set up hot keys to swap between closest visible pcs.

You can target the next mob to attack you by clearing your target box and that mob will be targeted automatically when it swings.