PDA

View Full Version : Did you know...

Farzo
04-24-2016, 10:34 PM
...that half of ToV is up, VP is up, as is many of the world dragons on Red99.

How can you guys still be playing Blue99 and queing up for a shot at a Lockjaw BP in Oasis? is it my turn yet? I have ticket #43/100 for the lockjaw bp.

NarcolepticLTD
04-24-2016, 10:40 PM
dunno why you're so salty, all my toons got their lockjaw months ago.

contemptor
04-24-2016, 11:08 PM
They are probably also up on the 50 other empty eq emu servers.

leftharted
04-25-2016, 02:39 PM
...that half of ToV is up, VP is up, as is many of the world dragons on Red99.

How can you guys still be playing Blue99 and queing up for a shot at a Lockjaw BP in Oasis? is it my turn yet? I have ticket #43/100 for the lockjaw bp.

Whaat?

i just came back to p99; only lvl 13 so far... played back in live; and i do recall some over-camped things and pseudo wait-lists etc.... and of course with p99 being what it is; i expect a bit of inflation.. especially with all the max level content... i imagine some of those long hour epic camps are nearly perma-camped....

but Lockjaw is probably a bad example...

i was in a croc group last night and lockjaw popped.... we couldn't take him, so some random high level took him, and just gave away the chest to some random ranger lowbie (who visibly had some gear; i was a little jelly that i didn't get it.. heh)

so didn't appear to be any sort of waiting list for lockjaw.... rather like most camps; based on Luck. Hope it pops, hope it drops.

I assume the example was exacerbated a bit... but is it really THAT bad that it warrants this thread?? seems you are pushing Red; but i tried Red originally for this very reason... i was enthralled with the notion that i would have more camps etc... but TBH, the vast emptiness was harder to deal with (IMO) than over-camping... let alone the occasional twink shmuck ..

i remember live pvp long ago back in the day.... its was thrilling. But, that's because most people were honorable; and everyone wasn't hell bent on abusing the odd game mechanics... PVP was epic in small groups... small scale stuff...

honestly, red would/was 100% appealing to me until i saw a youtube video of 100s of AoN skelly illusions spamming clickies and potions.... waves and waves of skeletons swarming each other... doesn't really look fun to me... doesn't seem very.. 'classic' .. for lack of a better term... i never stuck with pvp servers long in the old days (called Quellious server home otherwise) so i could be wrong there...

So; my question is... did you start on Blue, get burnt out on not getting camps due to inflation??? Or, have you always been Red; and are simply trying to attract more folks to p99 red???

IMO; broadcasting that a bunch of raid mobs are UP is actually a negative... id be more impressed if they were mostly all Down... the fact that they are up leads me to believe that A) not enough population to organize a raid... or B) top dogs ensure that nobody else gets anywhere close to the top of the food chain.. and are good at it.

neither sound appealing. 8/

Trungep99
04-25-2016, 02:48 PM
yeah they are up because the pvp rules favor those who were first and not so much the newbs

Tann
04-25-2016, 02:58 PM
yeah they are up because the pvp rules favor those who were first and not so much the newbs

Pfft you just need to join whichever guild currently makes up 95% of the server and the loot will splatter across your face. No need to worry about actual PVP cause it's EQ and no competition.

RDawg816
04-25-2016, 03:02 PM
You have to ignore 99% of what the red trolls say.

Swish
04-25-2016, 06:29 PM
Now is a great time to give the red server a try. See more than 1 zone of EQ today <3

http://i.imgur.com/KKHaCX4.gif

Nixtar
04-25-2016, 08:08 PM
That's why I won't. Red is a ghost town. There are better single player games out there.

Swish
04-25-2016, 08:44 PM
That's why I won't. Red is a ghost town. There are better single player games out there.

Like camping Hadden, or playing Online Economy Simulator.... mhm

waffel
04-25-2016, 09:55 PM
Disable PvP on Red. Population problem = fixed.

NarcolepticLTD
04-25-2016, 10:49 PM
Disable PvP on Red. Population problem = fixed.

This is a hilariously good solution. Try red today :)

jcr4990
04-26-2016, 04:57 AM
...that so few people actually play Red that a boatload of top tier raid content gets left up all the time cause there's literally not enough people on the entire server to kill most of it outside of primetime? Did u also know that history shows any time a guild attempts to contest whoever is currently #1 on Red gets griefed into nonexistence until there's less than 100 ppl on the whole server pretty much 24/7. It's soooo much better than Blue that's why nobody plays it.

Yea I knew all that. Thanks for the reminder though I'll be sure to steer clear of Red99 in the future.

Kaziel
04-26-2016, 05:10 AM
...that half of ToV is up, VP is up, as is many of the world dragons on Red99..

as ARE. Not as IS. I don't appreciate constantly having to come to these forums to correct grammatical errors. I have better things to do with my time.

Kaziel
04-26-2016, 05:15 AM
i was in a croc group last night and lockjaw popped.... we couldn't take him, so some random high level took him, and just gave away the chest to some random ranger lowbie (who visibly had some gear; i was a little jelly that i didn't get it.. heh)
/

The rest of this post is just filler, this is what it's about, should post in RnF about how you were screwed by some fat cat and his ranger crush.

Swish
04-26-2016, 08:15 AM
Yea I knew all that. Thanks for the reminder though I'll be sure to steer clear of Red99 in the future.

Aren't the 2 people that post on your dead subreddit actually red players? I'd treat them with a bit more respect.

:o

Troxx
04-26-2016, 08:19 AM
Red is a ghost town. There are better single player games out there.

leftharted
04-26-2016, 11:26 AM
The rest of this post is just filler, this is what it's about, should post in RnF about how you were screwed by some fat cat and his ranger crush.

didn't make it to the end ehh? I was hoping to get a Real rebuttal.

that's okay, ill help. here's a TL;DR:
is blue 'really' Sooo crowded that you joined Red? do you disagree, that raid mobs being Up is a Negative?? is this Just a "pro red" thread?

Crawdad
04-26-2016, 11:42 AM
Red is honestly just depressing. I've tried several times and just get bored at ~20.. it just feels like a ghost town with a few random assholes shouting on occasion. The guys in Thunderdome are as helpful as you can get, I guess.

Its quite the Catch-22... but 10% population of blue+vocal assholes=Nobody wants you.

Sodors Finest Poster
04-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Like camping Hadden, or playing Online Economy Simulator.... mhm

Dont economy shame Eve-Online

Spyder73
04-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Aren't the 2 people that post on your dead subreddit actually red players? I'd treat them with a bit more respect.

:o

You're back on the Red thing again =( ??? The BDA hounding I find hilarious, supporting Alcatraz99 is just headache inducing.