PDA

View Full Version : End Game Main Tanks (Question)

Ignight
04-28-2016, 04:34 PM
Hello everyone,

Perhaps this subject has come up before, but I am curious if Ogre FSI is a requirement of main tanks in end game raids?

Are other races acceptable? I understand the entire min - max discussion. My question centers around this one ability.

I am curious to hear from raid leaders or participants that require FSI or don't and why for either side of this discussion. When you raid, who is your MT or OT? They can't all be ogres or are they?

Respectfully,
Gondien <Fires of Heaven>

Samoht
04-28-2016, 04:36 PM
Are other races acceptable?

Yes. Lots of races are represented. Of course, there are Ogres, but there are also other min/max suggestions like Iksar and Halflings. And an inexplicable number of Half-Elfs. I don't see many Wood Elfs or Dark Elfs, though.

Ignight
04-28-2016, 04:42 PM
Yes. Lots of races are represented. Of course, there are Ogres, but there are also other min/max suggestions like Iksar and Halflings. And an inexplicable number of Half-Elfs. I don't see many Wood Elfs or Dark Elfs, though.

Thank you. I'm guessing FSI is not quite the requirement as I believed. I never hear much about troll, barb or dwarf warriors either.

I always thought they would be a decent tank.

Jimjam
04-28-2016, 05:06 PM
Half Elves make best warriors as the deity selection of Innoruuk is one hell of a RP choice!

Swish
04-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Half Elves make best warriors as the deity selection of Innoruuk is one hell of a RP choice!

plus the dark elf cultural on a half elf looks awesome ;)

khanable
04-28-2016, 05:16 PM
FSI not important

Most end-game tanks are not ogre

Kodim
04-28-2016, 05:19 PM
Most of the A/A tanks Ive seen are not even Ogre.

Not a single Gnome however...

khanable
04-28-2016, 05:21 PM
Gnome is without doubt the least played warrior race

Which is sad, gnomes are little boss gangster hogs

Look how cute!

http://i.imgur.com/3FoVQsa.png

Never need shrink either! Fuck that spell!

Freakish
04-28-2016, 05:25 PM
I'd hit that with a train straight out of north.

khanable
04-28-2016, 05:26 PM
I'd hit that with a train straight out of north.

that is actually exactly what happened

Colgate
04-28-2016, 05:32 PM
frontal stun immunity means jack shit when tanking raid mobs

Biddil Arcfire
04-28-2016, 05:35 PM
Ignore Cucumbers, he's never felt the raw energy that comes with being an ogre. And that's not even taking into account the handsome ogre face.

Naethyn
04-28-2016, 05:47 PM
When a mob is first pulled to camp it usually tries to bash and it usually lands. While this isn't a big deal because of instant click aggros, it can cause you to spin stun and miss dodge checks with back turned. It isn't hard to prevent by making sure you're not trying to turn when it comes in. Also, NToV flurry drakes tend to bash every flurry which causes issues for non ogres.

clacbec
04-28-2016, 06:17 PM
Gnome. Nuf'said