PDA

View Full Version : SK DPS broken?

Overpowdered
04-30-2016, 02:19 AM
I've been leveling my SK for a couple months now on and off, and I finally hit 50. I'm using a 30/39 2h (Heavy Velium Brawl Stick which is not on P99) with FBSS and duo a lot with my shaman buddy who has celerity. Anyways, long story short, the dps seems questionably low. I have often wondered if the weapon is bugged (is it?), but when I first bought the new weapon, I went to try it out on a decaying skeleton and missed three times. Even at 200 2hb skill, green mobs in FoB outside of Kurns take 4-5 swings to kill, as I miss a lot and hit for low dmg most of the time. My average hit on the weapon is around 60.

TLDR: Is SK dps bugged or is 2hb dps bugged? Heavy Velium Brawl Stick bugged? Just want to be able to kill lvl 15 greenies without having to chase them like I did at lvl 16.

Trungep99
04-30-2016, 05:14 PM
SK & pal dps has always been on the low side since they are tanks. You don't choose to play an SK to do high dps. Your hit chance is based off of your offensive skill and your weapon skill.

Danth
04-30-2016, 05:21 PM
It should be noted that hybrid damage output stands to improve a bit once the October-era patch is implemented. 2H gain a better damage bonus, plus hybrids are moved to Warrior damage tables.

Danth

Lune
05-01-2016, 01:34 AM
What you're experiencing is one of the main reasons why everyone stops playing their knight after lvl 51ish, and (one of the reasons) why they are absolutely terrible as classes as anything other than a tank for a full conventional group.

Knights don't do good dps. They don't even do mediocre dps. Get top of the line haste and insane gear and you might find it bearable. Maybe future patches will improve things, I'm not sure.

JurisDictum
05-01-2016, 03:34 AM
51-56ish is probably the most difficult part of EQ for melee classes . It's when there is a noted jump in mob hp and damage. Knights are never good damage relative to other classes. However, super geared knights are really fun to play in groups and solo. It takes so long to gear on this server and it strikes me as a hell of an investment though. Sks are generally bad at raiding, but with the footrace rules, you could be a big contributor potentially.

I wouldn't bother getting my epic on this server as a knight. The raid 2hs are much better. Even the easy to get ones.

Biddil Arcfire
05-01-2016, 04:29 AM
SK is best class, only becomes more OP once tables updated

GreldorEQ
05-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Just hit 52 - the 52 pet seems to help quite a bit.

Lemonhead
05-01-2016, 10:59 AM
30/39 is a pretty poor ratio also. I looked at SK 2 hander and notice they don't get a lot of options. But, you would be much better served going to 2HS. The 2hb velium weapons are overpriced because Druids and Casters can tool around with them.

There's a 32/38 2HS and 30/35 2HS for reasonable prices. And the 32/36 if you get 10-12k. As is stands now an Ebon mace (0.79 1HB 5kpp) beats ur 2hb (0.78) so maybe switching to that will improve the RNG game for you.

azeth
05-01-2016, 11:39 AM
i too experienced poor returns on a velium stick, think i had the 32/39 one. traded it in for an ebon mace and an atra shield and havent looked back since!

Selly
05-01-2016, 12:22 PM
I believe around that level range Knights damage tables fall behind pure melee a small bit as well as the mob toughness jump. So the combination of the 2 may make things seem rough for the time being

GreldorEQ
05-02-2016, 08:31 AM
Disregard Swish, make platinum.

To re-rail this thread: I have also not seen the returns on 2 handers that I can get out of my Sword of Pain + Shield up to 52. The pet helps, and the dot at 53 should help too.

Culkasi
05-02-2016, 08:39 AM
swish that is TOTALLY unacceptable. Remove this post immediately or you will (again) be a former member of Europa.

Swish
05-02-2016, 08:48 AM
It's an example of the mentality of people playing the game... they play for pixels they don't need.

The point is SKs aren't there for "dps spec", the dps isn't as low as a paladin I think but still the focus should be raiding to be a better tank rather than adding "+7 str" for an extra 3-4 damage a swing or whatever.

I can't remove the post, it's been longer than 30 minutes and we can't edit after that.

Sodors Finest Poster
05-02-2016, 08:54 AM
It's an example of the mentality of people playing the game... they play for pixels they don't need.

The point is SKs aren't there for "dps spec", the dps isn't as low as a paladin I think but still the focus should be raiding to be a better tank rather than adding "+7 str" for an extra 3-4 damage a swing or whatever.

I can't remove the post, it's been longer than 30 minutes and we can't edit after that.

I was expecting a forums post from the BDA members forums.

xKoopa
05-02-2016, 09:08 AM

My sk does about the same dps as a lvl 50 monk tho

Dont be a hater

fugazi
05-02-2016, 09:32 AM
I'm just wondering, but what STR are you rocking?

jolanar
05-02-2016, 10:03 AM

Let's be real he probably didn't care about the str or dps spec.

It was for his EC tunnel spec.

xexbis0
05-02-2016, 10:09 AM
SK is best class, only becomes more OP once tables updated

Judging by the "increase in defensive skill" (how many patches ago?) and the devs admitting they don't have a specific dev to address that issue, I wouldn't hold your breath on any "increase in offensive skill".

Skew
05-02-2016, 10:18 AM
lol Swish bringing RnF to server chat.

Europa are server white knights though , cant believe anyone there plays for pixels. Their GL said it on that summit about 500 x. Not about the pixels right.

falkun
05-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Added the Heavy Velium Brawl Stick to the wiki, although the Allakhazam pull listed it as 32/39, the Light VBS (http://wiki.project1999.com/Light_Velium_Brawl_Stick) is listed as 30/39.

Finally, Knight DPS is awful, and mobs that offer EXP take a huge leep in difficulty once they get above level 40 (I believe a L60 will not get EXP off mobs less than L45 or L46, for reference).

tylercanuck
05-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Judging by the "increase in defensive skill" (how many patches ago?) and the devs admitting they don't have a specific dev to address that issue, I wouldn't hold your breath on any "increase in offensive skill".

:D:D:D

Samoht
05-02-2016, 11:20 AM
I believe a L60 will not get EXP off mobs less than L45 or L46, for reference
40-46 should be light blue to a 60. You'll get an EXP message, but no measurable amount of EXP.

Culkasi
05-02-2016, 04:23 PM
lol Swish bringing RnF to server chat.

Europa are server white knights though , cant believe anyone there plays for pixels. Their GL said it on that summit about 500 x. Not about the pixels right.

We don't have a guildleader, I was the one speaking at the council. And I said that if Europa members played for the pixels, they played in the wrong guild, because that is not what EUROPA plays for.

I know its hard to understand though.

Sage Truthbearer
05-02-2016, 05:32 PM
i too experienced poor returns on a velium stick, think i had the 32/39 one. traded it in for an ebon mace and an atra shield and havent looked back since!

This seems to be the case with all 2H weapons for Knights. Sorry to say 2H damage feels very under-powered for us right now. The miss rate is crazy high and even more disappointing is the average/max hit damage. I highly recommend switching to a 1H weapon, op.

Biddil Arcfire
05-02-2016, 07:30 PM
This seems to be the case with all 2H weapons for Knights. Sorry to say 2H damage feels very under-powered for us right now. The miss rate is crazy high and even more disappointing is the average/max hit damage. I highly recommend switching to a 1H weapon, op.

Just get a Palladius Axe. Seems to be working well.

thufir
05-02-2016, 07:33 PM

Yeah, I like my reaver a lot more than I like my noctivigant blade. Big spike in dps parse. I'm sure it'd be better with a better 1h but I certainly don't feel like 1hs are inherently superior. I expect 2h weaps to be even better once we get the extra 2h bonus in the next patch.