PDA

View Full Version : Necro dungeon soloing.

Cribanox
12-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone. Just recently I have re rolled to a necromancer, and its great. The only problem I'm noticing is, soloing outside of dungeons becomes difficult only because there aren't that many monsters to kite.

Currently I am level 25 and was hoping to maybe get into some dungeon soloing. I was wondering if there is any advice to be given to me on where to go, what to look out for, what spells to use, or what camps to camp.

I was thinking at 25 I could go to castle mistmoore with little trouble with the entrance field mobs. Or, maybe I could try SolA or Paw, but neither I am very familiar with.

No need to tell me where I should be hunting outside of dungeons, I know most of my options outside. But I wanted to take a new twist to this charcter and try some dungeon soloing. Any advice?

Thatguy05
12-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Early peak hours with not many online, u could try unrest fireplace.. Basically the whole 2nd lvl floor mobs ( between 8-10 mobs )

Bones
12-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Do the gnolls outside paw from 25-30, then hit lguk.

Cribanox
12-18-2010, 07:28 PM
I've never been to the unrest fireplace. What strategies should I be using? Just heal the pet and life tap the mobs?

Also, I know outside paw can be good, but most time when I run all the way out there, the spires are mostly taken.

Arkanjil
12-18-2010, 07:36 PM
I used to solo unrest fireplace and basement with my necro. I would simply undead lull mobs around then use pet to tank. Use your hp conversion to heal pet and your lifetap DoT to get health back. Your undead nuke will also be your best friend when it comes to killing skeleton monks and festering hags. :P

This was a pretty sufficient way to level from 20-38 ish.

Cribanox
12-18-2010, 07:38 PM
So I take it my best, if only, bet, are undead areas?

Arkanjil
12-18-2010, 07:47 PM
They aren't the only, but usually the best option for dungeon soloing is when you fight undead mobs.

Cribanox
12-18-2010, 07:48 PM
So, with that in mind, am I too high for Najena?

Arkanjil
12-18-2010, 07:51 PM
At 25 you should still be able to do well there. There won't be a large amount of spawns that give you exp, but there will still be mobs. Just watch out for the lvl 40 named in the cave area.

Bubbles
12-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Don't forget you can team up with another necro ... or mage.. or whatever and curbstomp just about anything in any zone that gives blue-yellow xp.

Probably the only caution i would give is to stay away from places with lots of mobs that heal.. which is why Cazic Thule and Sol A/B are such a royal pain in the tail... and the main reason life is worlds better with a buddy for exactly the idea of: killing healing mobs worlds faster.

Scrooge
12-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Undead Charm is your best friend.

Bubbles
12-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Undead Charm is your best friend.

And 10x as entertaining when coupled with Voice Graft! :)