PDA

View Full Version : New to Project 1999

Kaernot
12-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi All,

I am a veteran eq1 player and currently play eq2. I very much like the idea behind your server and would love to come back to this kind of mmo environment. Just a few questions...

1) How many active players are there?
2) Are all of the active players currently at the level cap, thus making it difficult for someone new to join in?
3) If I don't have everquest Titanium but do have all of the expansions listed as what comes with it, can I simply redownload my old client and update it to current and use that?

Thanks for your time,
Kaernot

knottyb0y
12-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi All,

I am a veteran eq1 player and currently play eq2. I very much like the idea behind your server and would love to come back to this kind of mmo environment. Just a few questions...

1) How many active players are there?
2) Are all of the active players currently at the level cap, thus making it difficult for someone new to join in?
3) If I don't have everquest Titanium but do have all of the expansions listed as what comes with it, can I simply redownload my old client and update it to current and use that?

Thanks for your time,
Kaernot

1. As far as active players on any given night the server population is between 600-900 players
2. There are a few active players at the level cap but leveling up is far from lonely there are plenty of players in the level ranges of 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 30-45 and seemingly 45+. Just gotta go to the popular areas sometimes (Gfay, Crushbone, Oasis, South Karana, EC/NRO area, Upper Guk, SolB, Lower GUk etc etc) It seems nearly identical to the way live servers were spread. My girlfriend and I personally played our way from level 5-30 in a full group pretty much the whole way. You may want to get good at building groups and sending tells but people are there.
3. I'm pretty sure that the emu client only works with Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer. You will probably have to redownload and everything to be able to successfully play (there are instructions on this site).

This server has a great community. Aside from the small percentile people are not asshats. Get in a good newbie guild and make some friends I've had an amazing time myself. Welcome to p1999 good luck!

utenan
12-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Welcome, the f.a.q. will answer a lot of questions I think, if you havn't already looked http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002
knotty aced your three questions though : D

Orov
12-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Welcome! Pretty much the first two responses are everything I could've said. Being someone who just started a few months ago and plays very casually (highest char right now is a 28 druid) I can say that I've not had much trouble finding groups when I go looking for them.

Dac321
12-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Tell your friends. Welcome aboard.

popknot
12-21-2010, 06:41 PM
This server has been amazing so far for me.

Ronas
12-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Yep great server, just additional note to make your stay more enjoyable

User CP --> Settings & Options --> Edit Options --> Thread display option --> Check Opt out of Rants and Flames

Welcome to the server

Daywolf
12-21-2010, 07:12 PM
There are usually around 500 on, and the newbie areas are always populated (unlike live). P99 is the most populated EQEMU server at this point, there are a number of populated servers on the server select list.
Can't update to the current version of live, and not sure if you can patch up to a point and stop at the correct version to play here. It's worth it to get it at amazon if need be. Then patch it with the provided files found here. Might also want to download WinEQ2 (it's free), helps with some stability issues like memory issues etc.

Akame
12-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Welcome to P1999!

Agecroft
12-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Welcome to P1999!

Kaernot
12-23-2010, 02:32 AM
Thanks to all!

Kaernot
12-23-2010, 02:36 AM
Is there a way to just purchase Everquest Titanium online? I don't want to have to wait for this thing to come in the mail...and it is all of the same files as what my old account still has on file...is there a reason I can't just download from my old client?

Thanks,
Kaernot

Yak
12-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Welcome! Join us but once you pop, you can't stop!

Chanus
12-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Is there a way to just purchase Everquest Titanium online? I don't want to have to wait for this thing to come in the mail...and it is all of the same files as what my old account still has on file...is there a reason I can't just download from my old client?

Thanks,
Kaernot

You need a fresh install of Titanium for it to work. A patched version is unable to communicate properly with the emulator server and won't let you log in.

Dr4z3r
12-23-2010, 10:29 AM

Thanks,
Kaernot

jusT a nOte, Really look aRound closEly for your iNsTall discs, you might find IT.

knottyb0y
12-23-2010, 11:57 AM
jusT a nOte, Really look aRound closEly for your iNsTall discs, you might find IT.

what he said

StealthAF
12-23-2010, 12:17 PM

LOL, nice. I posted specific directions but I hadn't realized it was a no-no, as it was deleted shortly after (sorry for that Mr. Moderator).

I sent him a PM instead if thats okay ;)

Liathan
12-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Hell there !

I am also new to this, but also to EQ in general. But i used to play al ot of EQ2 (Innovation server) until 2007.

If you want to hunt together etc with me, and maybe show me some tricks and stuff Id really enjoy it :-)

Greetings

Erazmus
12-27-2010, 12:48 PM
I've only been on the server for a week (with very limited time to play), and I have to say it is a complete flashback to 1999/2000. I love it. The people are great, groups have been easy to find. Everyone has been helpful. I have actually been getting the "craving" to play that I haven't had in years (many years). Look forward to grouping with all of you in game.

Erazmus - Halfling Druid of the 9th Season
Original Server - Terris Thule

moklianne
12-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Welcome!

I only started playing a few weeks ago myself. Like many others have stated already, I'm actually very impressed with how kind everyone has been so far. It does "feel" like the original EQ. Take it from someone who played on live up until 8 months or so ago, having started back in 2000.

Tell anyone that might be interested, the more the merrier.

karsten
12-28-2010, 03:44 PM
welcome! I just started this week also so the nostalgia is OMG
the people are nice but some are WEIRD WOW

like that droxx guy