PDA

View Full Version : Wu's Fighting Armor

Dristen
12-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Does anyone know when Wu's FIghting armor was added to the game?

Thanks

Ralexia
12-22-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure but I don't remember them when I played during Kunark and Velious(except for the wu's gauntlets). Here's a quote from alla I found.

[responding to an earlier commentator who said wu's gauntlets came out 6 months ago] 6 months? more like two years dude. Wu's Fighting Gauntlets were out in the first EQ, BEFORE KUNARK, as I recall, wu's armor didn't come out until almost luclin, so there's a MAJOR difference. Time was, this was WAY KUEL. You got a major upgrade from netted that you need to hit for magic so you could drop the willowisps that require magic to hit for the GLS to make the bloody things. It was better than cured and had light source. Since the ONLY race that could be monk at the time was human, so you needed one. That was also the days back before Luclin and Kunark when monks actually used their BARE HANDS instead of relying on wepons as they do now.

It looks like the earliest of the comments on Alla start on May 24th, 2001. That would make the Wu's armor about 5 months after Velious release.

Dristen
12-22-2010, 02:03 AM
Thank you for your reply and the information

Yam
12-22-2010, 08:11 AM
I thought Wu's was classic? Keep in mind that Allakhazam wasn't started until 2000 or 2001 so it's not going to have any comments from 1999 on it.

Ralexia
12-22-2010, 03:04 PM
I thought Wu's was classic? Keep in mind that Allakhazam wasn't started until 2000 or 2001 so it's not going to have any comments from 1999 on it.

Wu's gloves are classic, or at least Kunark. The other pieces are not.

Archive.org's cache of Alla goes back to May 11, 2000. So the fact that the items have comments starting in May 20001 is not because Alla started then but because the items were new. I checked the patch notes from that period and "wu" didn't turn up so I guess they weren't documented in a patch. The Wu's gauntlets are in Alla as early as that first cache in May 11, 2000. Also, the gloves don't have agility like the rest of the set, indicating the rest of the set was added after the gloves and the gloves weren't updated.

How do the GM's deal with removing items that aren't classic that are already in use?

Curmudgen
12-22-2010, 08:49 PM
I can say that when I started EQ it was right after velious opened. Definately had it then as I found bargains of it on merchant one time for my human monk.