PDA

View Full Version : Cultural trade skills.

Drieddead
05-04-2016, 01:06 AM
Do you have to de a dwarf to make dwarf cultural armor?

NarcolepticLTD
05-04-2016, 03:14 AM
yes

mr_jon3s
05-04-2016, 03:34 AM
I thought you just had to use the dorf cultural forge.

Daywolf
05-04-2016, 03:52 AM
To use the dwarf c-forge, yeah. Other than that, look at human c-forge recps, which covers all races I think (requires human smith too). It's a huge list. So no, a human can make the armor, or a version of it, from their own forges.

Calthaer
05-04-2016, 10:38 AM
It's a shame; it kind of seems like cultural tradeskills (like most of them) are kind of worthless. Can be pretty expensive to get up the skill needed to make them; by the time you can, no one is interested in the items, as it's easier and cheaper to buy farmed loot that has better stats. Also, you have worship the "right" deity for your race in order to make use of the Imbued versions. Too bad for me...I am a wood elf who chose not to worship Tunare; I left EQ before cultural tradeskills & didn't really know. This is one of those things it seems like EQ eventually "fixed" - making cultural separate from religion, where classic isn't necessarily better.

Swish
05-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Cultural armor was a way bigger thing when it was "broken", didn't need the high end gems to make pieces and statistically the gear was often better than its planar equivalents for certain slots.

My dark elf cleric still has a set from early Kunark, love it, would never sell it.

jolanar
05-04-2016, 10:41 AM
It's a shame; it kind of seems like cultural tradeskills (like most of them) are kind of worthless. Can be pretty expensive to get up the skill needed to make them; by the time you can, no one is interested in the items, as it's easier and cheaper to buy farmed loot that has better stats. Also, you have worship the "right" deity for your race in order to make use of the Imbued versions. Too bad for me...I am a wood elf who chose not to worship Tunare; I left EQ before cultural tradeskills & didn't really know. This is one of those things it seems like EQ eventually "fixed" - making cultural separate from religion, where classic isn't necessarily better.

It's definitely cheaper to find a smith and have them make the pieces you want. But it's nigh impossible to resell, and the time spent camping random temper ingredients could farm you enough plat elsewhere to just buy the set or other similar armor. I leveled up smithing for cultural armor but turns out nobody ever buys the dang stuff even though it has solid stats.

Scrapiron
05-04-2016, 10:59 AM
One of the reasons I have my Halfling Rogue's follow Brell rather than Bristlebane or Other, is back on live I had a gnome rogue follow Brell, and I used my Dwarf Warrior to make my rogue a full set of http://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Dwarven_Chain_Mail_(Brell_Serilis)

All that extra STR and STA helped my rogue a ton in the Kunark era, even into Velious.

It was a pain to make, since my smith was a warrior I had to find a Brell following cleric to imbue the gems.

Sorn
05-04-2016, 11:09 AM
I had to find a Brell following cleric to imbue the gems.

Do you know what year you had to do this?

My live cleric's got a couple of imbue spells for deities other than her own, so I'm curious about when the deity restrictions were implemented.

Scrapiron
05-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Do you know what year you had to do this?

My live cleric's got a couple of imbue spells for deities other than her own, so I'm curious about when the deity restrictions were implemented.

I can't remember for certain, I played live off and on since the first year it was released to earlier this year, and the years just blurred together.

I want to say it was maybe PoP that broke the restriction.

Sorn
05-04-2016, 11:32 AM
The restrictions on casting the imbue spells? (As in having to find a brell-worshipping cleric to imbue a ruby)

Grombar
05-04-2016, 11:46 AM
I believe they fixed the bug that allowed any religion to scribe any others spells sometime in late luclin or early PoP. I know that my cleric on live had a few diff ones besides his own of mith marr.

While this server is as intended. its not classic and despite a large thread in the bug forum, it seams this will be the way it is :(

Expediency
05-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Its a shame how bad some of the cultural armor is. By the time someone is capable of affording or gathering all the items needed to do the combine, they could much easily have gotten something better. Needs way more stats. Zero MR on the set I'm trying to make; zero MR for a full set of armor is brutal.

Daywolf
05-04-2016, 07:23 PM
For the most part. I like tailored armor, I have 5 pcs on my wolfelf drui. That's an exception though. Cultural plate isn't bad in and of itself, but yes apart from the recipe. Cultural weapon recipes are good, but the actual weapons barely qualify as newbie starting weapons. Tradeskills are still good, not expensive to raise to a point, just takes time which isn't a bad thing. It's a lot better than in a lot of newer games, like where I left off with gw2 after the first year, crafting was just destroyed by saturation, and mats were way more valuable than the product.