PDA

View Full Version : 20 leveling zone

darkreap
05-04-2016, 07:09 AM
So i started my baby cleric finally and I am trying to find a good zone to level in. I just hit level 20 last night in Unrest and am looking for a new zone to head to. I have leveled a few toons on this sever but have typically gone the Unrest/MM/CoM route. I am looking for something a little different with this character as it always seems we run out of things to kill or the groups are always full at the few camps that are available. Are there any lesser known zones out there where people REGULARLY group and ill be able to find something reliably? I know Upper guk is a good choice but do people group there that often or will I need to bring my own group for a place like that? I am not really interested in soloing as every time I drain my mana it takes too long to regen to make it an efficient way to level.

Rygar
05-04-2016, 07:16 AM
I believe at this level range I did Swamp of No Hope solo camping undead camp near FV (although no one is ever there to exp), but also did Lake of Ill Omen and Warsilk Woods giants. There are typically some people to pug with there.

I was a Kunark man all the way until level 49.

Daywolf
05-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Hmm? Why leave? You can do FP, kill stuff up around there until you're ready for basement where the real fun begins. A solid basement group is good times.

Pyrion
05-04-2016, 10:24 AM
East karana usually has some people around that level. Mostly solo classes, but honestly, any pet class could get value from a cleric. No pet xp penalty and no need to heal pet makes this win/win. But not everybody knows this. My mage would never turn down a cleric as a partner.

Swish
05-04-2016, 10:39 AM
You become far more desired at level 24 with greater heal, so it can be tricky to get grouped at places like the pond in MM and even the fireplace in Unrest.

Upper Guk as you mentioned is a good choice but your problem will be getting to the camps as you can't invis yourself. For those that can, there's often a couple of groups running - maybe they can come to the zone line and hook you up :p

Expediency
05-04-2016, 12:55 PM
Upper guk usually has 5-12 people in it. Not packed but there is usually someone. The camp near the undead ZL is excellent and you can zone out if you get a big pull. At 20 you can still do orc highway in oasis, and you could possibly find some people to group with in the karanas also.

Crookstinger
05-04-2016, 01:44 PM
I don't know how it is for having regular groups but I know guildies often go to SolA. I'm following a similar track to yours in that I did MM/Unrest on my main and am avoiding those zones (especially MM) with my mage, who is 25% from 20. I want to see more of Norrath so I am trying not to stay in one place more than a level or two. I'd be happy to duo with you if you would like, a cleric would be most welcome. If you see Nallatili on and want to team up just send me a tell. I'm hitting the entrance mobs to Permafrost at the moment but some places I am considering for the near future, in addition to SolA, are Najena and mammoths in Everfrost.

Mortiis
05-04-2016, 05:01 PM
My lady and I are doing Najena atm. It's pretty much a ghost town. You're welcome to join. 2 clerics in an undead heavy dungeon makes for an easy time.

Daywolf
05-04-2016, 08:00 PM
You become far more desired at level 24 with greater heal, so it can be tricky to get grouped at places like the pond in MM and even the fireplace in Unrest.Find a druid for secondary. Added benefit having a druid in FP and then basement is no-aggro wolf form so can scout and drag. Even then, I've done lots of MH's in basement using druids, as long as MT is doing their job (easy with SK or Pally). Cleric on 2nd floor is more a concern with heal aggro. Sure there will always be better, people want to mad pull, I've been in awful unrest pugs. But with any healers, it's best to stick with some regular groups, even if just someone doing MT, while where it's less of an issue compared to who with.

thufir
05-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Are there any lesser known zones out there where people REGULARLY group and ill be able to find something reliably? I know Upper guk is a good choice but do people group there that often or will I need to bring my own group for a place like that?

Yeah, they group in upper guk pretty often. You'll do fine there. It should be rare that you can't form a group around you as a cleric. You can also find groups fairly easily in highpass at the orcs, and segue from there into highkeep goblins once you get greater heal at 24, if you are so inclined.

SolA was mentioned. This is less certain but you can definitely find pugs here too. Level 20 is probably a little low to find pugs, though, even as a cleric. Most of the time SolA groups like the bar, which is high 20s.

People do go to other spots, but they tend to pop in and out, hoping for groups and giving up if they don't find one. Sometimes people will be soloing in out of the way dungeons. A lot of those guys will join a group in that dungeon if you ask them.

If you really want to see lesser-known spots being in a leveling guild is your best bet, or failing that getting a few decent guys your level on your flist. All you really need as a cleric is a friend or two who can do damage and you can go to any area in Norrath in your level range. A lot of folks are happy to ditch the grind and try something new. The new Runnyeye is a place you could consider checking out. Permafrost has some decent loot. In SolA the foreman or kindle/captain camps are great for you. Najena was mentioned and there's a very good spot in the back in the cave area. Even the basement of Kurn's in Kunark can be good at your level, although those burynai are annoying. But I'd bring at least one buddy to all of those places so you can at least duo and maybe catch people poking their heads in LFG.

Kaedain
05-05-2016, 08:57 PM
sol a is pretty awesome til 30

Jimjam
05-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Type /who all 20 30 and then send tells to whoever looks like they are somewhere interesting (and you can easily find a port to).

kjs86z
05-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Upper Guk is by far your best choice.