PDA

View Full Version : Who *really* knows how to spawn Thistle Underbrush?

Eugee
05-04-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm in Lesser Faydark, trying to get Thistle Underbrush to spawn, for the rune so I can get ivy-etched chest.

Everything you read says, "Kill the roaming faerie maidens till he spawns."

Here's my drill:

1. Go to faerie village. Murder them all in a PBAE massacre. Spit on corpses.
2. Zig-zag all the way back to Steamfont/GFay corner, killing anything with the word "faerie" in the name on track (3-4 roaming maidens).
3. Go to the "spot" listed on the wiki that's total bullshit since the Dec patch for some reason I still don't understand.
4. Zig-zag all the way back to the village, never see any faeries on track because I already murdered them all.
5. Offer any newbie that can find a faerie in the zone till Gearheart spawns 100p.
6. Repeat.

I've been doing this for over 24 hours over the past two weeks... I have not seen Thistle (or the Bracken guy) not even one time.

Seriously, what the F---.

Cecily
05-04-2016, 06:22 PM
Run through Lfay with a tracker once in awhile and do other things has a 100% success rate, eventually.

Erati
05-04-2016, 06:25 PM
I used to kill the brownie scout that roamed up to the pixie tower

it seems to share the same path as Thistle

iruinedyourday
05-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Dude, I feel you so hard. On average you get a ring drop of either type every 21 minuets at this one camp I was at.. I only started collecting rings after day 3 of camping that mother fucking goblin ghazugi ring.

So like double these numbers.. but basically it means I spent about 40hrs there FML I think Nilbog lowered the % drop of everything on the box to punish us for being retarded on the forums or something.

http://i.imgur.com/pHRrkkv.png

NegaStoat
05-04-2016, 08:18 PM
I've had Thistle spawn on top of me repeatedly at two different places in Lesser Faydark. The first was when I was leveling a Necromancer and was holding the half elf bandit 3 spawn (NOT the sister camp). Roaming Faerie Maidens and Pixies will path along both slopes looking down at the camp, and since I was evil they aggrod on my sitting for mana all the time. Multiple times while leveling from 14-18 there, Thistle spawned and followed the exact path used by the faeries / pixies very near the base of the slope facing the bandit camp that is just across from the zone wall.

Much later, I used the same necromancer to kill every roaming faerie & Pixie as well as static spawns at the Pixie tower (not very far away from that bandit camp, actually) to collect arrows for ivy etched leggings. In the course of collecting the 6 arrows, I spawned Thistle 4 times.

The key (I believe) is simply whacking every roaming faerie maiden & pixie that would happen to have a patrol path leading from the pixie tower down towards the 3 spawn bandit camp. I hope this helps.

darkreap
05-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Ive done it a few times on this sever. As i am at work i cannot get the exact loc for the spawn but pretty sure it is correct on the wiki. There is a roaming faerie maiden that paths all over the zone. You do not need to track her. Go to his spawn location and wait for the maiden to path back through. She will stop on the location shortly before continuing on her way. You must kill this Maiden and wait for the spawn at that loc. It will either be a maiden or thistle. Seems about a 50% spawn rate for thistle from what i have experienced. Hope this helps.

Eugee
05-05-2016, 08:12 AM
@NegaStoat: Well I've never tried that, I'll go sit there and see I guess. When I did the arrows (brownie outcasts) I would kill them then go murder every faerie maiden in the zone, then get back in time to kill the outcast respawns, and repeat ad nauseum. So I'll try just killing anything pathing around 3 & 4 on the wiki map.

@darkreap: That's where I sit, the spot in the wiki. I've not only killed the faerie that roams there, I've gathered every faerie in the zone (seriously, every single one) and drug them to that spot before killing them with PBAEs all within 10 seconds of each other.

Nothing respawned at that spot. I'm going to assume you did that before the "Thistle now has multiple spawn points" patch.

darkreap
05-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Oh, didn't realize there are multiple spawn points now. When I did it many months back it went like clockwork. Good luck to you on it.

Floraline
05-05-2016, 12:03 PM
On live progression servers, just killing Brownie Scouts spawns him. I would try that. I think there are only 3 or 4 that roam between Gfay and the southern part of the zone.

Rheaume
05-05-2016, 01:41 PM
I went to the loc on the wiki (north eastern part of zone just south of gfay zoneline) killed anything that moved within 250 bow range. Eventually things started spawning on that exact loc every 6m40s and on the 8th or so spawn, Thistle popped.
Warning, you will have to kill some faeries and pixies which will hurt your rep.

Gumbo
05-05-2016, 04:17 PM
I hate lesser Faydark... Poor Necro is campin out the sisters camp and the damn Pained Unicorn comes running by and slams his horn up my ass... :eek::mad::(

Sorry... Back to spawning Thistle Underbrush.

applesauce25r624
05-05-2016, 04:39 PM
as soon as i stopped caring about finding him i found him twice randomly on my way to MM within a few days

astuce999
05-06-2016, 07:18 AM
On live there was a roaming skeleton around the undead tower that would insta-respawn as a skelly or as thistle, could get dozens of braided ivy cord that way.

On early p99,the wiki loc was correct. Kill a fairie maiden and wait at that spot for 6 mins 40 secs and it would respawn as thistle or fairie.

Ever since the patch I haven't tried so can't help.

Here's the loc for two other LFay notables:

Crookstinger - pos 400, negative 1640

Queen Nasheeji - pos 368, pos 2226

good luck!

Astuce

Jimjam
05-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Astuce999, you wouldn't know if there are any classic guides containing that info?

I think it is due for another Thistle bug report if your info is correct!

Daiyn
05-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Dude, I feel you so hard. On average you get a ring drop of either type every 21 minuets at this one camp I was at.. I only started collecting rings after day 3 of camping that mother fucking goblin ghazugi ring.

So like double these numbers.. but basically it means I spent about 40hrs there FML I think Nilbog lowered the % drop of everything on the box to punish us for being retarded on the forums or something.

http://i.imgur.com/pHRrkkv.png

Off topic: Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever :):):):) One of my all-time favorite book series.

On topic: Back in the day, it was hell. Pure hell. Get lucky or die trying. Helped my wife for her epic... kill me now before I ever do that again.

iruinedyourday
05-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Off topic: Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever :):):):) One of my all-time favorite book series.

On topic: Back in the day, it was hell. Pure hell. Get lucky or die trying. Helped my wife for her epic... kill me now before I ever do that again.

Im even dressed in character:

http://i.imgur.com/8dDCbsQ.png