PDA

View Full Version : Bout to

Spit
05-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Start off on blue as a ranger 4 farming any eq blue Everquest tips

Rararboker
05-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Dont play a ranger if you want to farm. First advice you'll need.

Spit
05-06-2016, 12:49 PM
I asked my mom and she said Mage or shaman can anyone confirm

Jotei
05-06-2016, 12:55 PM
With their affinity for nature, I would expect rangers to lag only behind Druids in terms of agricultural aptitude. There are certainly many more learned, more dexturous and more durable professions, but none who share the intimate relationship that Druids and Rangers share with nature.

snergle
05-06-2016, 01:17 PM
farm what? if you want to just farm plat for your 2nd character who you plan to main I suggest nec if you are planning to only moderately twink it. If you want to go insane with your twinking go as an enc.

If you want to farm plat to just farm plat make sure you fraps yourself getting braknar'd

NovaSeven
05-06-2016, 01:29 PM
I was over at your moms the other night and she said "my son is going to be playing on p99 soon, what should he play?" I just rolled over in bed and was like "Hell I dunno, mage or somethin'?"

GuRu
05-06-2016, 01:44 PM

Ravager
05-06-2016, 01:45 PM

Gats had no problem with it.

Swish
05-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Start off on blue as a ranger 4 farming any eq blue Everquest tips

Some variation of Legolas as a name and you'll be a hero forever.

Legolass
Iegolas
Leggolas
Legolasa
Legulos

etc

Subidoo
05-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Necro or Druid, you can just get plat for ports.

shwally
05-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Gats had no problem with it.

Fact.

Spit
05-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Whose gats and I need plat to play my Drakkin monk on here

Scrapiron
05-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Whose gats and I need plat to play my Drakkin monk on here

In that case, just go with gnome ranger and you'll be all set.

Sodors Finest Poster
05-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Wood Elf Beastlord

Spit
05-06-2016, 02:39 PM
I'm not making a lot of progress here

Scrapiron
05-06-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm not making a lot of progress here

Well, Rangers don't get a lot of love from P99. Mostly because in live they really didn't come into their own until they added /autofire and stuff like headshot, but P99 won't put those things in so expect farming to take some work. That's why everyone is recommending other classes as superior farmers in P99.

Subidoo
05-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Enchanter. You'll pwn.

Spit
05-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Mom said enchanter way too stressful on the mind and body

Boilin down to

Monk or
Magishin

Subidoo
05-06-2016, 04:34 PM
You really cant solo and farm as a monk unless you twink to the high heavens. Magician it is, the end pet will shred things.

TheOutdoorNerd
05-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Most people choose druids for the pure utility: you get ports, track, run speed, heals, etc.

Necros don't get most of that but they are more survivable and can solo lots of shit a druid can't. They are also mostly self contained.

Shaman come into their own later than the above two, but they are a fantastic solo class. They take a long time to kill anything big, but they can solo mobs other classes can't.

Enchanters are probably the best, at least on paper. But with low hitpoints and no heals, you'll want to have balls of steel and the ability to loot your corpse and move on when you get killed, and you will get killed often. Charm will break and you will have two mobs beating on your bathrobe-wearing self. It's high risk/reward.

Duoing with a friend also opens up some huge possibilities with powerful combos like shm/nec, shm/enc, cleric/enc, shm/monk and so forth.

Subidoo
05-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Rule of thumb, always duo with a shaman ��

shwally
05-06-2016, 08:12 PM
I took after Gats and made a ranger to farm/mess around on when I'm bored. If you are outdoors you can solo anything if you aren't in a hurry. You can fear animals and bow kite other mobs when you get low on health. It's not the best farm class, but it's fun and you can do so much on a ranger.

Spit
05-06-2016, 09:00 PM
WHO IS GATS ITS DRIVING ME NUTS

shwally
05-06-2016, 09:12 PM

How do you not know Gats?

Spit
05-06-2016, 09:26 PM
this is gonna be a long journey someone hook it up with fire focus torch

Spit
05-07-2016, 01:34 PM
I might make another thread to find out what race

Jimjam
05-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Just keep this thread rolling.

Did you narrow it down to one class yet?

Iksar and human are the only choices for Monk, Iksar seems best as it gets bonus AC, regen, newer models, forage. The racial disadvantages are largely circumvented since they can't wear plate as a class and there are plenty of weapons better than bare fists on this server.

Magician, I don't think any choice is particularly bad. Dark Elves get the ability to hide, which is a minor invis that doesn't run out (unlike spells), but it isn't exactly the most useful thing for a magician as going invis will kill your pet.

Have you considered which options to take for your religion?

Spit
05-07-2016, 02:27 PM
This thread won't die until I find out who gats is

fadetree
05-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Dude, Rangers are a lot of fun. They suck at farming.

Doctor Jeff
05-07-2016, 04:42 PM
A ranger can kill any mob it can stay away from. A level 46 ranger with a Tolan's bracer can farm anything he wants that doesn't summon.

Edit: might take a while though ;)

Spit
05-07-2016, 07:35 PM
Bear Pits )

True I'll make a Mage

Karkona
05-07-2016, 09:12 PM

He is a ranger.

Spit
05-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Why is he so infamous for farming ? ! ?

Ravager
05-07-2016, 11:37 PM
Ranger also gets a port bp, pair it with a hammer and sow and the largest tracking range and you can run all over the place looking for named mobs that are up.

Gats is good at that and basically farmed on his ranger every day for years on end. He's made millions of plat.

Spit
05-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Ranger also gets a port bp, pair it with a hammer and sow and the largest tracking range and you can run all over the place looking for named mobs that are up.

Gats is good at that and basically farmed on his ranger every day for years on end. He's made millions of plat.

yeah I always loved Rangers , in a non trolling way though any or most classes would accumulate millions doing it every day for years

I'll most likely start off as a Mage on a serious note , thank you

Jimjam
05-08-2016, 02:12 AM
Did you choose race yet?

Ivory
05-08-2016, 02:20 AM
Rangers are awesome!! Can solo stuff way over their level (I soloed a sand giant at level 20 with a bow).....and they are master farmers in open areas (since they can track down rare spawns).

Also rangers are great, super great, and amazing (especially if you are an archer and shoot arrows with archery).

NarcolepticLTD
05-08-2016, 02:34 AM
what if you shoot arrows with levitation skills?

Spit
05-08-2016, 02:49 AM
I tried to make an iksar for regen and ac for 4 hours today but it didn't let me , tomorrow I'll be trying a Blue Elf

Jimjam
05-08-2016, 03:09 AM
Did you get an error message telling you what you were doing wrong?

Did you remember to distribute your starting stat points and pick a name?

Spit
05-08-2016, 03:24 AM
Yes as a magician i figured summoning would be the most important trait i have, so i put it all into Charisma, gotta fool the audience

Jimjam
05-08-2016, 05:32 AM
You should have put it in stamina. They dig it when you can keep pulling that rabbit out of the hat!

Spit
05-08-2016, 10:50 AM
You should have put it in stamina. They dig it when you can keep pulling that rabbit out of the hat!

Quality over quantity !

Also I just got the torch and fire giant toes but I'm at 50 plat what can I do at level 1 to get more money for the scale and fire emerald!!

Trungep99
05-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Rangers are good for farming out door mobs that need tracking

Spit
05-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Quick update : I haven't created my character yet

shwally
05-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Quick update : I haven't created my character yet

Make a Ranger Gats thinks they are fun!

Tewaz
05-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Rangers always welcome on Red where they are a fine class.

Doctor Jeff
05-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Rangers always welcome on Red where they are a fine class.

Gross. I heard those Red nerds use spells on EACHOTHER. Fucking disgusting, barbarous savages.

Subidoo
05-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Roll a Halfling warrior. Win

Scrapiron
05-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Roll a Halfling warrior. Win

gnome warrior > halfling warrior > all other warrior races ;)

Swish
05-11-2016, 04:04 PM
gnome warrior > halfling warrior > all other warrior races ;)

If I ever have the time/patience I'd probably make a dark elf warrior.

JurisDictum
05-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Most people choose druids for the pure utility: you get ports, track, run speed, heals, etc.

Necros don't get most of that but they are more survivable and can solo lots of shit a druid can't. They are also mostly self contained.

Shaman come into their own later than the above two, but they are a fantastic solo class. They take a long time to kill anything big, but they can solo mobs other classes can't.

Enchanters are probably the best, at least on paper. But with low hitpoints and no heals, you'll want to have balls of steel and the ability to loot your corpse and move on when you get killed, and you will get killed often. Charm will break and you will have two mobs beating on your bathrobe-wearing self. It's high risk/reward.

Duoing with a friend also opens up some huge possibilities with powerful combos like shm/nec, shm/enc, cleric/enc, shm/monk and so forth.

This is a pretty good post, so I'll just expand on it.

Basically, Rangers are good for farming only when it comes to killing lots of greens for plat, faction, etc. They aren't good at getting high-selling items and making platinum on this server. The above 3 classes are.

Necro's and Shamans are both good at solo killing mobs that generally aren't soloable, like the Crypt in Sebilis. This is a good choice if your kindda a plat-farming loner type. Necro's are a lot easier to gear than shamans, shamans are more wanted in groups.

Enchanters can solo good items but usually don't (they solo level a lot though). They are really good at duo or trios that can camp stuff that sells (or get good exp). Enchanters take no gear to be useful, are always welcome in groups, and some people think they are just OP in classic. The only downside to Enchanters is raiding sucks in Velious for them.

Druids are not good at farming plat. At least not nearly as good as the three listed above. They are good at solo leveling, to the point where they get much better exp solo than group. That is where their solo reputation comes from. Bards are similar, they are good at solo leveling, not solo farming.

All that being said, you can just get a tight 3 man together and farm Fungi's and get rich on anyone. You can get rich PLing people in Chardok (another big plus for Enchanter). You can get rich by socking Lodi and batphoning some friends. There's things you can do to make money on any class. But the 3 above are the ones good at it.