PDA

View Full Version : BDA to Phinigel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42

AzzarTheGod
10-07-2017, 03:05 AM
Enjoyed my time with BDA very much.

Chest doesn't have to explain shit about taking a week off for his personal life to you cockroaches.

So which is it, Chest? You weren't MIA, but you took time off?

Instead of banning people from discord you could have just given a plausible statement. Being a cult, why doesn't BDA know more about narrative control? Explain that one if you are so tough.

You guys are really nothing without Trolll. Sad, very sad.

One thing I'm damn sure of right now, Sean-- BDA has no Scientologists in its ranks.

Mistle
10-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Chest posted mob kill screenshots with Luclin models on.

HISTORY'S GREATEST MONSTER

arsenalpow
10-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Chest posted mob kill screenshots with Luclin models on.

HISTORY'S GREATEST MONSTER

I never had Luclin models on, someone else’s screenshots yo

AzzarTheGod
Being a cult, why doesn't BDA know more about narrative control? Explain that one if you are so tough.

One thing I'm damn sure of right now, Sean-- BDA has no Scientologists in its ranks.

dem dunks thats a 2 parter punchline right there over a lot of peoples heads on this forum. acutally triple parter with the sean meme.

Think Chest is finished after this one.

AzzarTheGod
yooooooooooooooooo and chest posted at the same time the crowd goes wild

Valakut
10-07-2017, 09:45 PM
BDA never changed from its casual style and GoD-OoW is where casual guilds go to die.

The narrative here feels off. Why continue to argue the casual vs hardcore which is p99 circle jerk?

What the people of this thread really deserve to know is if BDA used harry potter maps and other 3rd party programs during its raids? I feel like it's important to differentiate the successes and failures of guilds based on their integrity.

Also why are certain people butt hurt about getting banned/kicked from BDA? I thought it was a rite of passage.

Mead
10-07-2017, 09:52 PM
The narrative here feels off. Why continue to argue the casual vs hardcore which is p99 circle jerk?

What the people of this thread really deserve to know is if BDA used harry potter maps and other 3rd party programs during its raids? I feel like it's important to differentiate the successes and failures of guilds based on their integrity.

Also why are certain people butt hurt about getting banned/kicked from BDA? I thought it was a rite of passage.

Harry Pooter maps. Haven't heard that since vz/tz emu. I think they call it dark elf track on TLP. It's not really that advantageous during raids. I used to love seeing necros and mages beelining for mobs that had just popped up on my track. Shit always got me smilin'

Kushie
10-08-2017, 01:51 AM
https://i.imgur.com/oR4WPxw.gif

AzzarTheGod
10-08-2017, 04:55 AM
https://i.imgur.com/oR4WPxw.gif

Too much time in BDA.

Valakut
10-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Took over 900 pages but this thread finally got good

it sounds like bda was playing legit but since DBG looks the other way for exploiters and hackers, a majority of people would rather collect easy pixels rather than show up and do work.

theres a fine line between using hacks and just running your own server with admin commands. i suppose the only difference is the illusion that you did it legit so that you can brag about your pixel dick.

in which case we still need to get to the bottom of which guilds that are considered "thriving" on the TLP are kosher and which ones are rotten

Daldaen
10-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Anguish splits tonight. May even box Druid + Warrior for first time on this server for raids. May even have him tank Ture or Keldovan. Wowowow.

Getting close to Ally Dranik Loyalist to be able to turn in some quest armor finally. Up to I think 6/11 Anguish Augments. Got plenty of AC Augs and quests to work on for warrior though.

Great expansion with lots to do. Looking forward to coasting into DoN and DoDH.

Rivera
10-09-2017, 04:28 PM
^ Does the TLP server have it's own forums? Or...

bda_truth
10-09-2017, 06:22 PM

I can answer this one. BDA did not. If any members were using it, they were being very quiet about it and kept it to themselves. Definitely noone in leadership, much less Chest, was using it.

Given that we did not fight for open world spawns, it didn't really affect us either way.

Valakut
10-09-2017, 09:25 PM
I can answer this one. BDA did not. If any members were using it, they were being very quiet about it and kept it to themselves. Definitely noone in leadership, much less Chest, was using it.

Given that we did not fight for open world spawns, it didn't really affect us either way.

BDA RIDE OR DIE BY THE RULES. MORE LEGIT THAN 90% of TLP GUILDS. SUCK IT BITCH.

alright so what i'm beginning to gather is you either break up as a legit guild or stay togehter long enough to start using macroquest.

in that case i'm glad bda stayed true to the legacy it had built on p99.

Kushie
10-09-2017, 09:48 PM
BDA confirmed server good guys

Kushie
10-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Swish has 480 posts in this thread, ignore function works great folks. He's delusional

Ravager
10-09-2017, 10:30 PM
That doesn't even include posts from his anon accounts.

khanable
10-10-2017, 11:08 AM
swish approaching greengrocer levels of creepy bundle of sticks

Papa
10-10-2017, 11:14 AM
guy is a nutter lol

Papa
10-10-2017, 11:15 AM
remember when he said he wouldn't post in this thread anymore? happened at least twice

remember when he said he was retiring from p99 forums (yikes at that thought process to begin with)? :o

Mistle
10-10-2017, 02:34 PM
If they didnt want the rotation to be killed maybe Omni et al shouldnt have been double dipping it.

Oh, you forgot that part, didnt you?

Mistle
10-10-2017, 02:35 PM
If they didnt want the rotation to be killed maybe Omni et al shouldnt have been double dipping it.

Oh, you forgot that part, didnt you?

Daldaen
10-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Cleared all of Anguish last night with about 25 mains and 10~ boxes. Was some good fun. Got a new pixel shield and ring.

What did P99ers do last night in Velious?

Mistle
10-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Got in a petition war over a Lodi belt apparently.

Daldaen
10-10-2017, 04:53 PM

If only P99 had Luclin. Could do Shawl 8s and spawn unlimited Dains for Dain belts. No one really cares about Turtle belt after that.

Valakut
10-10-2017, 11:23 PM
https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/rapper-doughboy-roc-killed-in-shooting-on-detroit-s-west-side

Valakut
10-10-2017, 11:28 PM
People cant handle a truthful summary apparently...how would a rotation era BDA member paint it? Interested to know.
i'd paint it like this

bunch of hardcore guilds had this RMT adderall ring going on for pixels and fueled it with majority of the raid mobs.

then a handful of casuals were just circle jerking classic content in the name of what the classic server was about.

then a small group out of those casuals were double and triple dipping pixels in the name of assisting each other.

then the group that was circle jerking classic felt like some people were double stroking but they didn't really have enough length to warrant 2 hands.

so when they complained and said you have to only use 1 hand unless your over 8 inches then everyone complained because they wanted to use 2 hands even though they were less than 4 inches hard.

fast forward about 4 years and now we are here

Orruar
10-10-2017, 11:44 PM
Just here for my yearly checkup on the status of P99.

Looks about right. As you were, gentlemen.

Beastagoog
10-11-2017, 01:20 AM
Just here for my yearly checkup on the status of P99.

Looks about right. As you were, gentlemen.

I once peritioned someone over looting a batwing that wasn't theirs. (We were grouped)

(This is before Firespinner knowledge was well known).

Kushie
10-11-2017, 01:51 AM
Sirkenquest bless A/A

shuklak
10-11-2017, 02:43 AM
Like reading a trashy novel...

Daldaen
10-11-2017, 09:43 AM
Late last night I discovered a guild cleared into Uqua and then left the Mastered Destroyer up. Grabbed my warrior box and Cleric pal and we cleared to it then engaged the room with four mobs up. Powerful Druid and Cleric heals got us a victory and another 20 AC Augment for the warrior.

Before this did some Ring War and ST Warders, good fun.

Valakut
10-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Sirkenquest bless A/A

sir ken answers more petitions on p99 in 1 week than all of the DBG GMs combined since SOE sold EQ

skarlorn
10-11-2017, 02:11 PM
the worst part about this thread is unironic phinny updates

arsenalpow
10-11-2017, 02:19 PM
sir ken answers more petitions on p99 in 1 week than all of the DBG GMs combined since SOE sold EQ

I had very quick service anytime I had an issue involving a GM on phinny. Dain ring quest bugged out, name change issue, all resolved in under 8 hours each time.

Mead
10-11-2017, 02:22 PM
the worst part about this thread is unironic phinny updates

I appreciate Daldaen's ability to smoothly continue busting out expansion and gear updates

Anichek
10-11-2017, 04:43 PM
I am a BDA member who only speaks the truth AMA

I've always spoken the truth, Kush....

Haven't kept up with the Phinny reports but got a text from Chest, been doing some reading to see what's been happening. Had to check this thread, can't believe it is still going!

Hi P99!

Aeaolena
10-11-2017, 07:04 PM

Can confirm. Said has hot wife. Does have hot wife.

(no homo)

Papa
10-11-2017, 07:55 PM
thanks for the update of your adventures on another server

something tells me you have absolutely no friends and are probably cutter

something tells me you're sad, angry, and a trump supporter

Valakut
10-11-2017, 08:23 PM

Haven't kept up with the Phinny reports but got a text from Chest, been doing some reading to see what's been happening. Had to check this thread, can't believe it is still going!

Hi P99!
https://i.imgur.com/YkKZlWe.jpg

Anichek
10-11-2017, 10:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/YkKZlWe.jpg

:)

Anichek
10-11-2017, 10:06 PM
Can confirm. Said has hot wife. Does have hot wife.

(no homo)

Thanks Vowels...miss ya!

Kushie
10-11-2017, 10:48 PM
I'd like to have relations with Vowels and Anichek's wife.

skarlorn
10-11-2017, 10:57 PM
you guys remember that cute girl who joined BDA? she was like a halfling cleric I think. Botrainer fucking E-stalked her and got super upset when she went with Pullyn. Thanks to Pullyn she left the guild.

She was cool man, I really enjoyed her telling me about how fucking creepy botrainer was.

Hi anichek :)

skarlorn
10-11-2017, 10:58 PM
also man i miss pullyn too, i just remembered that PoSky where Bigazz tried to force me to join his "tank group" for maximum PoSky efficiency (this was 5 years into kunark).

I kicked it with dear pullyn and Doabarrelroll, Doab and I ended up dueling on isle 4 or something and Bigazz had a meltdown and jumped off sky and never logged back on to p99.

And that was how I defeated my first Ogre warrior.

skarlorn
10-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Securing a Triple Threat Rage post because BDA was truly a fun guild of good people lol sorry swish U lose

arsenalpow
10-11-2017, 11:06 PM
That was Jumi, also Cassmir not Botrainer.

skarlorn
10-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Damn, Cass too? She definitely gave me reports on Botrainer trying to win her heart by giving pixels items, hot trash like sewn EE bags and stuff.

Sad to hear that Cass also fell to online pixel pussy degeneracy.

RIP Jumi.

Hope your life is great up there in Minnesota dude

AzzarTheGod
10-12-2017, 04:07 AM
Damn, Cass too? She definitely gave me reports on Botrainer trying to win her heart by giving pixels items, hot trash like sewn EE bags and stuff.

Sad to hear that Cass also fell to online pixel pussy degeneracy.

RIP Jumi.

Hope your life is great up there in Minnesota dude

hey the guy doesn't sound like a misogynist.

cut him a break

Anichek
10-12-2017, 09:41 AM
Hi anichek :)

hi Filbus!

AzzarTheGod
10-12-2017, 05:57 PM
damn oldschool BDA in the house

Valakut
10-12-2017, 10:12 PM
who all remembers when that slime blood dropped on the new years eve repop say yeah!

t3kn34k
10-13-2017, 06:06 AM
The rest of us certainly have room to talk..

..Meanwhile.
https://i.imgur.com/WHqTjqN.jpg

AzzarTheGod
10-13-2017, 07:00 AM
(in the distance, outside)

3....2....1.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

lmao holy fucking shit

BDA ventrilo:
"Wouldn't it be cool if some slime blood drops tonight u guys?"
"Hold on one sec I can't concentrate...that's better"

https://i.imgur.com/axJu0lW.jpg

haha, later losers... enjoy reminiscing about the time you were raiding on New Years :o

Xzavie
10-13-2017, 07:24 AM
https://i.imgur.com/axJu0lW.jpg

Picture is ironic coming from someone that is literally on a forum 24/7.

Mead
10-13-2017, 07:43 AM
haha, later losers... enjoy reminiscing about the time you were raiding on New Years :o

Does anyone (other than them and a few people) really remember that achievement? Not something you can really brag about and if you can, who really gives a shit? GJ loser, now go and level up in a gym for a real achievement.

How's Phinny tho? Stay mad or jump ship (again), loser :o

swish stays mad

Xzavie
10-13-2017, 07:52 AM
https://i.imgur.com/xiY7KE1.png

AzzarTheGod
10-13-2017, 08:01 AM

jesus fucking christ lol this is officially an all out global riot. Kim Jong VS US, godzilla vs gamorra proportions

Mead
10-13-2017, 08:24 AM
only 1,249 McDonald's to search through if you want to get Swish's autograph

Papa
10-13-2017, 12:12 PM
he still cares and he still mad :o

Kushie
10-13-2017, 03:08 PM

I lol'd

Valakut
10-14-2017, 01:05 PM
swish going full neckbeard on the new years eve comment

go out with the normies or get blunted with the gnomies?

swishgate: i'm lovin it

mefdinkins
10-14-2017, 01:38 PM
you guys still having fun?

i know eventually the server would progress a little further than people are comfortable with right?

Relbaic
10-14-2017, 02:35 PM

i know eventually the server would progress a little further than people are comfortable with right?

Probably when mercs come out is when I'll call it. 3+ years on a new server and 7 replaying from my start time on p99 is enough for me!

Chubbler
10-14-2017, 02:52 PM
Ilu relbaic <3

Chubbler
10-14-2017, 04:17 PM
You're still here filbus? I thought you gave up p99 to focus on irl goals?

Chubbler
10-14-2017, 08:13 PM
that has to be a photoshopped cat avatar

he is simply too fat

can we see the full sized one please?

Nope he's real, he was about 25lb last time I weighed him. He just looks exceptionally large because he puddles out when he lays on his back. I'll work on a new pic.

Chubbler
10-14-2017, 08:14 PM
Oh you mean the filbus cat....fuck his cat.

Valakut
10-14-2017, 11:17 PM

there was some posts not too far back about how chest and sanluen went bug hunting in new mexico for a week and the guild started to panic. fast forward a little bit and a couple people got banned from discord and felt like trying to return the favor via character assassination in this thread. meanwhile i got kicked out of bda several times and kicked off the forums yet doabarrelroll still came to paldual caverns to give me buffs. so i can't really figure out if it's just scorned lovers or if it's a work in order to revitalize the thread after a quiet couple weeks.

kaev
10-15-2017, 03:34 AM
Doab is the best person in BDA probably

At minimum he makes the playoffs every year

Valakut
10-15-2017, 02:39 PM
Doab is the best person in BDA probably

Trying to jolly rancher your way back into the veteran section of the forums?

Kushie
10-15-2017, 04:25 PM
BDA is reforming in this new game:
https://obscurasoft.com/

Tierael
10-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Just came back and this thread has 900 new pages. Wut.

Hi guys :)

Valakut
10-16-2017, 12:13 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/Agnarr/comments/75opya/agnarr_dieing/?ref=share&ref_source=link
This ones for you Swish

kaev
10-16-2017, 01:00 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/Agnarr/comments/75opya/agnarr_dieing/?ref=share&ref_source=link
This ones for you Swish

eh, screw swish, he is hopelessly lacking in entertainment value. that thread you so kindly linked affirms my decision to avoid the festering swamp that is current day EQ (TLP or not) and stick with the smelly little cesspit that is p99. all that is needed now is for TMO to make a comeback. hating on Zeelot, that was the fun times! Detoxx is too much of a tryhard, he just doesn't cut it as an elf-sim evil overlord. we need our old-school despot back in the crosshairs again.

Mistle
10-16-2017, 01:43 AM
It seems like Phinigel players really resent Agnarr being there. Probably because it siphoned off most of the warm body infrastructure the guilds need to maintain themselves over time.

The krono economy meanwhile poisons the longevity of both.

Daldaen
10-16-2017, 10:46 AM
Dunno, Phinigel still has like 15~ active raid guilds clearing current content. It is easily the most active server.

Man0warr
10-16-2017, 11:00 AM
Agnarr will be dead within a couple months of Quarm dying.

Speedi
10-16-2017, 11:22 AM
Agnarr will be dead within a couple months of Quarm dying.

Yes you are probably right

Dunno, Phinigel still has like 15~ active raid guilds clearing current content. It is easily the most active server.

What expansion are you guys on now?

You guys have some decent ones coming up! Depths of Darkhollow was decent, House of Thule was okay as well. Veils of Alaris was also really good, and so was Rain of Fear. After Rain of fear it went down hill pretty fast.

Daldaen
10-16-2017, 11:24 AM
DoN up next.

DoN/DoDH have some good raids. The consensus seems to be that PoR was a dumpster but people tend to overlook a lot of things because they were included from the beginning. Tradeskill quests, more bank space, auras, potion/alchemy revamp etc.

I'm looking forward to all of the expansions up to SoF. SoF really was shitty because of mudflation in gearing and spreadsheet design. On the other hand I still would like to run through all of those raids because my casual guild at the time died and I never really got to do them in era.

Pullyn
10-16-2017, 05:58 PM
also man i miss pullyn too, i just remembered that PoSky where Bigazz tried to force me to join his "tank group" for maximum PoSky efficiency (this was 5 years into kunark).

I kicked it with dear pullyn and Doabarrelroll, Doab and I ended up dueling on isle 4 or something and Bigazz had a meltdown and jumped off sky and never logged back on to p99.

And that was how I defeated my first Ogre warrior.

Lol, I remember that. Pretty sure I was shitfaced and we were dueling in the middle of the keeper fight. He was DTing left and right and eating way too many people. Bigazz had a meltdown. Also, hi Filbus

AzzarTheGod
10-16-2017, 06:01 PM
DON The most disgusting expansion in EQ

its complete shit.

Valakut
10-16-2017, 10:30 PM
that thread you so kindly linked affirms my decision to avoid the festering swamp that is current day EQ (TLP or not) and stick with the smelly little cesspit that is p99.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/join/

There is always the middle way.

Valakut
10-17-2017, 08:04 PM
new wu tang album came out today and the threads very quiet.

coincidence or did phinigel and agnarr just complete break apart?

AzzarTheGod
10-17-2017, 08:06 PM
new wu tang album came out today and the threads very quiet.

coincidence or did phinigel and agnarr just complete break apart?

the real wu tang, shkreli bought a compilation album from a wu-tang affiliate. not an official wu project.

lmao big money for a shitty wu-tang mixtape.

Kushie
10-17-2017, 08:31 PM
Fuck man been at work all day and I have to hear about a new Wu-tang album on elfquest forums?

I'm such a loser

Kushie
10-17-2017, 08:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdCt7AOgGI

Kushie
10-17-2017, 08:34 PM
These white folks like me like starbucks

Mead
10-17-2017, 08:42 PM
10 years later my post count is 12k and i've dissolved my body until i'm just brain and ten fingers and a massive pile of shit post

https://i.imgur.com/V8eS99o.gif

Valakut
10-18-2017, 01:53 PM
I have to hear about a new Wu-tang album on elfquest forums?

I'm such a loser
elfquest forums #1 source for new about wrestling, music industry, and chest rockwells sexuality

Daldaen
10-18-2017, 04:43 PM
2 more months of OoW before DoN launches.

Join server, do raids, get pixels, complete Epics, profit.

Kushie
10-18-2017, 06:48 PM
https://i.imgur.com/oT0gAKn.jpg

Gucci

AzzarTheGod
10-18-2017, 07:10 PM
2 more months of OoW before DoN launches.

yeowzers 2 months for..... DoN

Valakut
10-18-2017, 08:02 PM
https://i.imgur.com/oT0gAKn.jpg

Gucci

WIN (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm9eNsdDav4)

eadric
10-18-2017, 10:30 PM
Lol, I remember that. Pretty sure I was shitfaced and we were dueling in the middle of the keeper fight. He was DTing left and right and eating way too many people. Bigazz had a meltdown. Also, hi Filbus

When were we not shiftfaced in POS? You'd have to be nuts to do that shit sober. RIP Bigazz. One of my favorite things about BDA was the diversity of the crew... and he was our lone Swede.

Phantasm
10-19-2017, 09:05 AM
Lol Bigazz jumping out of sky was the beginning of the end

That shit was hilarious though

Xzavie
10-19-2017, 09:22 AM
Swish posts at record speed, till he gets owned, then he hides in the corner.

Papa
10-19-2017, 11:05 AM
What do you mean owned? Here's an edited gif or jpg I actually spent real life minutes working on to portray my disgust for Chest Rockwell, BDA, Phinigel, and Agnarr :o

Kushie
10-19-2017, 02:42 PM
Miss u Vetus

Kushie
10-21-2017, 01:50 PM
hi

kuruu
10-21-2017, 03:07 PM
Swish posts at record speed, till he gets owned, then he hides in the corner.

Mead
10-22-2017, 08:48 AM
Enjoy your ban.

Are you saying that because you really enjoyed your 10 bans?

mefdinkins
10-23-2017, 04:35 PM
Lol Bigazz jumping out of sky was the beginning of the end

That shit was hilarious though

omg i forgot his exact quote? or exact reason but i remember being like wtf?!!/H1?

Kushie
10-23-2017, 08:12 PM
WORLD STAR WORLD STAR

Ravager
10-23-2017, 08:12 PM
Are you saying that because you really enjoyed your 10 bans?
Swish was never really banned, because it would take the mods far more time than it's worth to root out all 76 of his alt forum accounts.

Ravager
10-24-2017, 06:50 AM
He doesn't even deny it.

rebeccablack
10-24-2017, 10:36 AM
don was a shit expansion and the beginning of the low effort fully instanced mission-based expansions that killed modern eq. that said, vishimtar and yar'lir are both top tier fun raid encounters.

dodh is unironically one of the best EQ expacs, so you phinnybros at least have something to look forward to still.

Daldaen
10-24-2017, 10:49 AM
Instancing missions was great, dunno what you're talking about. Form a group and go do some quests without being trained or having to listen to stupid OOC fights about camp stealing.

Vishimtar is definitely the best raid pre-DoDH. Excellent mechanics all around. Looking forward to splitting it for those eyes. YarLir is a good idea but not well executed. Similar to Adaptation trial. The constantly switching boss idea is good but it needs to be wildly different between spawns to force some sort of adjustment. For example one form should Rampage hard and do minimal damage to main tank, forcing your healers to adjust their target and then another form should Flurry hard and stop rampaging, another form should proc hard/one round tanks but not summon, etc.

Eventually they added a mechanic in Somnium 6, where the boss one rounds any plate, chain or leather wearer but does fairly minimal damage to silk wearers. So you just set up a Necromancer or Wizard to tank the boss. Great raid designs come much later in EQ.

rebeccablack
10-24-2017, 11:33 AM
instancing can be great, and solves a lot of problems caused by sharing limited resources with neckbeards, but never having to interact with people outside of your group shrinks the world and gets rid of some of the communal aspect thats important for mmos. the load balancing thing they do on newer tlps sounds like a good happy medium option but i dunno how it works out in practice

Daldaen
10-24-2017, 11:44 AM
Definitely shrinks your circle of interactions. But, I dunno I don't really play games to meet random people asking for Ports. They open world interactions are generally very fleeting and don't amount to much. More lasting relationships generally come from clique groups that do instances together every day or week, or from your guild raiding with them weekly.

The pick system works quite well in practice. The main flaw that I see in it is that there isn't really a way to communicate across picks. The most logical way would be to have your character autojoin a channel for the zone. I.E. If you zone into Sebilis you autojoin a Sebilis channel that everyone in Sebilis is in. This way you can more easily LFG and find replacements.

Beyond that, most of the zones have a low enough pick threshold that there is always some camp open in the most popular zones. So finding a camp open is never really an issue. This would be a godsend on a Green99 server. But unfortunately if you have 1000 people roll on Green99, you're going to have 200 fighting over every frog in LGuk after a few months. It will be a cluster.

Valakut
10-24-2017, 08:03 PM
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen fans viewing the team demoing the game at TwitchCon this past week were delighted to hear one surprise announcement: the confirmation of a pre-alpha test coming by the end of this year.

“We’re happy to announce today that pre-alpha will be here in time for the holidays,” the team said.

radditsu
10-24-2017, 08:07 PM
Jesus Christ, this is still happening?

radditsu
10-24-2017, 08:15 PM
With the best forum on the net shut down, NeoGaf, I wanted to make sure you guys were okay. How many loot autists have committed suicide for not getting precious dragon loot the last few years?

Kushie
10-24-2017, 08:35 PM
BDA still the most beloved guild in p99 history

Pokesan
10-24-2017, 08:44 PM
With the best forum on the net shut down, NeoGaf, I wanted to make sure you guys were okay. How many loot autists have committed suicide for not getting precious dragon loot the last few years?

tell us why it shutdown ;)

Valakut
10-25-2017, 11:16 AM
BDA still the most beloved guild in p99 history

Chest still the most beloved guild in p99 history

Papa
10-25-2017, 11:26 AM
neogaf was, is, and will continue to be, a cesspool

Daldaen
10-25-2017, 11:28 AM
Warrior slowly collecting pixels. A few Tacvi pieces and a MPG trial piece. Hopefully 2.0 Orb next week.

Kushie
10-25-2017, 03:20 PM
We lost a few pages of Filbus on this thread. RIP

We'd be at page 1000 if not for forum bans and rollbacks.

Valakut
10-25-2017, 03:52 PM
we'd be at page 2000 if not for daybreak games krono farmers

Valakut
10-27-2017, 12:40 PM
DICKS OUT FOR FILBUS

Kushie
10-28-2017, 09:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP3Kj72rN4I

Ravager
10-29-2017, 08:46 AM
I hope he's RPing his ban. I want a story of his exile.

Daldaen
10-30-2017, 09:49 AM
Took about 100 Ikaavs but I finally got an Ikaav tongue to finish my Assistant Researcher's Symbol.

Now the only pixels I need are Augments in GoD or gear in Anguish. Feels good to be nearly maxing out the Druid.

DoN launch in December, get excited for the instanced missions, progresssion AAs and tradeable currency!

Daldaen
10-31-2017, 10:14 AM
Warrior Epic 2.0 complete. Just need BBoB to finish out the warrior weaponry until basically TSS. Unless for whatever reason a Swiftcleave is rotting.

Papa
10-31-2017, 11:22 AM
0_0

Hibren
10-31-2017, 10:43 PM
DICKS OUT FOR FILBUS

Yajirobe Yajipants
11-01-2017, 04:34 AM
Dear BDA,

I love you. This includes Starie, Jarn, and Bagtuk.

Yours truly,

Yaji.

Valakut
11-01-2017, 10:35 AM
https://i.imgur.com/rmgzyzp.jpg

Daldaen
11-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Still no BBoB. Tacvi isn't being helpful lately.

arsenalpow
11-01-2017, 12:10 PM
Dear BDA,

Yours truly,

Yaji.

A haunting

Kushie
11-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Will we see $10,000 bitcoin or page 1000 of this thread first?

Mead
11-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Bitcoin 7300 / thread 1k

Mead
11-01-2017, 11:00 PM
velious bout to launch on agnarr

we’ll get some momentum from that

mr_jon3s
11-01-2017, 11:17 PM
So how is BDA doing on phinny? You guys split raiding anguish or anything?

Kushie
11-01-2017, 11:18 PM
BDA never split shit we stick together *****

Kushie
11-01-2017, 11:18 PM
oh the term of endearment for black people amongst each other is censored

Shinko
11-01-2017, 11:26 PM
wut

Valakut
11-02-2017, 02:14 PM
oh the term of endearment for black people amongst each other is censored

I got gkicked out of BDA for using it. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DSTxMhtHt0)

Valakut
11-02-2017, 02:17 PM
velious bout to launch on agnarr

we’ll get some momentum from that
Logged in a few weeks ago trying to hit 60 for velious but the amount of people who ninja log in the middle of a group is too damn high. The fact people only log in for raids I think makes it hard unless your with a tight knit group of friends which worked out for a guild like BDA but if you re on your own and you re not boxing.. GL

Pokesan
11-03-2017, 04:07 PM
p99 vulak pixels up for grabs come and claim them

Valakut
11-03-2017, 05:06 PM
in b4 bda to official classic wow server thread

Man0warr
11-03-2017, 05:18 PM
I'll play it, unless its got like LFR and Dungeon queues.

skarlorn
11-03-2017, 05:23 PM
I doubt that, but I bet the summoning stones will work to make portals

radditsu
11-04-2017, 08:35 PM
tell us why it shutdown ;)

An autistic beta male did not have situational awareness when trying to woo a woman.

Aka he pulled a Winerstein.

Kushie
11-08-2017, 04:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/UjBfcW4.jpg

Daldaen
11-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Finished Anguish aug set and picked up arms out of Anguish.

Lazily grinding Anguish for the pixels until DoN launches.

Valakut
11-09-2017, 11:51 AM
https://i.imgur.com/UjBfcW4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4khd9uK.jpg

Rivera
11-10-2017, 01:04 PM
This thread reeks of 3 day old cheetos and microwaveable meals.

maskedmelon
11-10-2017, 06:21 PM
This thread reeks of 3 day old cheetos and microwaveable meals.

at what point do Cheetos become old?

Kushie
11-11-2017, 12:52 AM
I just had some Carl's Jr. chicken tendies. They were pretty good

kb2005
11-11-2017, 01:12 AM
at what point do Cheetos become old?

I prefer to think of them as "aged."

If you expose cheetos to air for a day or so, they get this interesting texture that's simultaneously crunchy and squishy.

Also try dipping them in apple sauce.

Valakut
11-11-2017, 06:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6npTVb7.jpg

nhdjoseywales
11-11-2017, 10:19 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6npTVb7.jpg

20 grams, holy fuck. i lost my shit on 10 grams of dried.

Jarnauga
11-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Dear BDA,

Yours truly,

Yaji.

https://i.imgur.com/J2xQtWc.gif

Valakut
11-14-2017, 03:14 PM
blizzard bringing back classic wow

wwe bringing back war games

bda bringing back valakut

time is a flat circle

skarlorn
11-15-2017, 05:39 PM
this thread is now turning into daldaen's phinny adventures and i don't think that's fair

Papa
11-15-2017, 07:14 PM
I also am forecasting around that time on P99 Dozekar and Vulak will still continually be pulled and killed within 30 minutes of their spawning even if it happens at 3AM on a Thursday.

yikes-ing from now til 2019 and beyond

Kushie
11-16-2017, 01:00 AM
This message is hidden because Swish is on your ignore list.

Legday
11-16-2017, 02:30 PM
first

TimTheToolmanTaylor
11-16-2017, 04:25 PM
at this point we may as well break 1k pages?

Fifield
11-16-2017, 04:44 PM
I'll donate to the 1000 pages

Fifield
11-16-2017, 05:35 PM
58 ranger, 56 cleric, 52 paladin, you know how it goes

skarlorn
11-16-2017, 05:45 PM
u get 1 60, then never do it again cause chardok ae is dead and grinding from 54-60 is AIDs

right?

that me

Raev
11-16-2017, 09:06 PM
this thread would have already hit 1000 pages if not for the mods banning Kushie and such

a clear case of GM corruption if there ever was one

Kushie
11-17-2017, 02:35 AM
Free greengrocer

Mistle
11-20-2017, 01:44 AM
Damn still getting applications. A L65 wizard might be enough to get the fire going again!

Valakut
11-21-2017, 01:17 PM
just wanted to say before net neutrality is taken down and p99 requires freemium internet service that it was nice cock jousting with you boys and girls.

never for get https://www.somethingawful.com/hosted/jeffk/

Kushie
11-24-2017, 11:04 PM
Chest best guild leader in everquest history

Pokesan
11-24-2017, 11:52 PM
This thread is long dead.

much like the red server

falkun
11-27-2017, 12:36 PM
Totally missed the news about the Classic WOW server. Time to go read, wish I had time for it, and silently stalk more forums.

topgun1027
11-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Such ugly item UI on that magelo link. One of the main reasons I stopped playing EQ and augments ugh.

skarlorn
11-27-2017, 04:25 PM
pretty weak anon account gimmick i gotta say ^^

it's true. Forum Cuck has less teeth than my grandad did b4 he croaked

basically just gumming around the forums spittle dripping down as he tries to rustle ppl

Lammy
11-27-2017, 04:36 PM
What kind of raid schedules are end game guilds doing on these progression servers? EST

mr_jon3s
11-27-2017, 07:28 PM
And honestly at this point most guilds really only need to raid anguish. At least for my guild everything but clicky effects are going to alts.

mr_jon3s
11-28-2017, 11:33 AM
Better grab them pixels boys, only 2 1/2 months until they are trivialized by new content and made worthless.

Na it’s not till TSS that anguish gear starts losing its appeal. So that like 6 months away.

Mead
11-28-2017, 12:34 PM
Better grab them pixels boys, only 2 1/2 months until they are trivialized by new content and made worthless.

Flipping through movies to pass out to. The description gave me a good chuckle

https://i.imgur.com/FuRCsLQ.jpg

Kushie
11-28-2017, 01:14 PM
How is endless velious going?

Lhancelot
11-28-2017, 03:05 PM
Flipping through movies to pass out to. The description gave me a good chuckle

https://i.imgur.com/FuRCsLQ.jpg

<3 Ralph Fiennes. never heard of this movie I need to check it out.

Freakish
11-28-2017, 04:56 PM
oh god I don't want to see that.

skarlorn
11-28-2017, 05:27 PM
How is endless velious going?

Last night I logged on Filbus and ran went to Mistmoore. I passed the CE group and then started aggroing everything from CY, up the secret staircase all the way to tower, then back down and around the throneroom. No one was camping anything except for one guy on Dhamp and another on Xicotl. I took this horde of about 40 mobs into the stair room and announced to the zone they could come loot all the corpses I was making.

Instead of picking up free loot, CE group started shouting insults and calling me a cunt for stealing their exp.

P99 is a fucking shithole lol

Mead
11-28-2017, 06:21 PM
Last night I logged on Filbus and ran went to Mistmoore. I passed the CE group and then started aggroing everything from CY, up the secret staircase all the way to tower, then back down and around the throneroom. No one was camping anything except for one guy on Dhamp and another on Xicotl. I took this horde of about 40 mobs into the stair room and announced to the zone they could come loot all the corpses I was making.

Instead of picking up free loot, CE group started shouting insults and calling me a cunt for stealing their exp.

P99 is a fucking shithole lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-PnfbReqtI

eadric
11-28-2017, 06:49 PM
https://i.imgur.com/DCvimPL.gif

Killing mobs from 6 AM - 11PM on Thanksgiving and every other day of the week spawns happens to fall on. Basically same old same old.

Lol

skarlorn
11-28-2017, 08:01 PM
I can't say I've ever experienced this but I feel like people self rustle themselves on P99 at a higher rate than other servers. Whenever I would be in Unrest on my Druid even just AFK sitting in the hedge I would get Hate tells at perceived loss of EXP when they didn't locate a mob they thought should be in their camp.

No server I've ever played on has had people cling so hard to their entitlement to regular trash mobs in their camp. If they were yours you would've killed them before someone else could.
My feeling exactly.

Glad I only log in once or twice a month. If I stay in Rivervale or the thicket people generally have better humors

Mead
11-29-2017, 12:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-PnfbReqtI

I didn’t mean that

Just pooped into my head

<3

Lammy
12-01-2017, 09:31 AM
I'm not sure there's much "playing" going on on Phinny server. In fact, I'm not even convinced that there's much difference at the 'end game' from P99 ;)

https://i.imgur.com/P93DS8w.jpg

Nexii
12-01-2017, 12:43 PM
MGB and long duration buffs were fun, until you realized it meant you never brought a class to your group for their buffs again. Thus defeating the point of having buffs to begin with.

Tuljin
12-01-2017, 12:46 PM
By "next adventure" do you mean trolling forums awaiting the next batphone with a bunch of parked high level toons you can't move?

nhdjoseywales
12-01-2017, 08:31 PM
yea once you have a virtue no need to have a cleric right?

you could say that about a shaman once you had a focus, but then they get the puma line + dots and nukes which makes them better then a rogue

the only class you don't need once you have their buffs is a paladin

reading is not your strong point is it?

skarlorn
12-02-2017, 03:53 PM
lul that's probably the first good post u've made on that acct. keep studying and good job there okay bye

Kushie
12-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Where'd all the deleted posts go?

Can we lobby for p99 forum neutrality? Censorship is painful

skarlorn
12-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Forum cuck banned

God bkess

Valakut
12-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Sonic - Trust (Official Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7md_uMcI8Gg

Kushie
12-05-2017, 02:10 AM
https://i.imgur.com/DlSMfU1.jpg

Valakut
12-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Dragons of Norrath launches today at 5PM EST.

New content feeling so good.

Can we get a quote on the current price of kronos in plat and also in usd?

Lhancelot
12-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Where'd all the deleted posts go?

One day they going to delete this thread. Then what? :eek:

jakerees
12-06-2017, 03:35 PM
One day they going to delete this thread. Then what? :eek:

https://i.imgur.com/O03NCWy.gif

jakerees
12-06-2017, 04:31 PM
1.5 hours until people will be farming faction mission, collecting Radiant and Ebon Crystals and slaying dragons on mountains, in dojos and in lairs.

No facetracking for 16 hours to slay dragons. Good stuff happening in DoN.

Doesn't Daybreak operate an online forum?

Phenyo
12-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Doesn't Daybreak operate an online forum?

Yeah but its full of people complaining about how much of a shitshow anything daybreak touches is. It ruins his narrative so he has to come here to let everyone know how much fun hes having.

skarlorn
12-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Daldaen has ruined his rep on this server with these posts

No one cares

Argh
12-06-2017, 08:38 PM
DoN is a fun expansion.

Valakut
12-07-2017, 11:01 AM
dicks out for august ames

Mead
12-07-2017, 11:23 AM
What is Chest Rockwell doing with himself these days?

Lhancelot
12-07-2017, 11:30 AM
https://i.imgur.com/O03NCWy.gif

haha.

jakerees
12-07-2017, 12:24 PM
[Wed Dec 06 20:17:50 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Yar`Lir the Living Storm has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Jeffy along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Dec 06 20:25:46 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Yar`Lir the Living Storm has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Boognasty along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Dec 06 20:54:20 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Yar`Lir the Living Storm has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Muneta along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Dec 06 21:52:15 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Yar`Lir the Living Storm has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Mogui along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Dec 06 23:02:36 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Yar`Lir the Living Storm has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Hober along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

[Wed Dec 06 21:02:03 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Vishimtar the Fallen has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Gafgarion along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Dec 06 21:02:36 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Vishimtar the Fallen has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Gumbercules along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Dec 06 21:58:26 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Vishimtar the Fallen has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Pleasant along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!
[Wed Dec 06 23:09:26 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Vishimtar the Fallen has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Vaughten along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!
[Thu Dec 07 01:03:10 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Vishimtar the Fallen has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Walle along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

Damn, OGC loses by 33 seconds. Tough to keep losing the expansion content races. But look at all of those guilds doing current content with no petitions, or fraps required.

I got 2 DT triggers on my 2 boxes first round, was rough finding different mournful spirits while snared. Vishimtar, what a great encounter. Not the corner tank-faceroll of old EQ, feels good to be in somewhat complex content.

And this is from World of Warcraft?

Freakish
12-07-2017, 12:39 PM
It's the spam they send over the progression server every time a raid target is killed. It's useless and clutters up my box. Nobody cares that someone killed Phinigel or Avatar of War because you get the systemwide messages about twenty times a day.

Valakut
12-07-2017, 03:00 PM
What is Chest Rockwell doing with himself these days?

there is a rumor that he's been doing a wanking motion ever since the college football playoffs four teams were revealed.

rebeccablack
12-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Good luck with your dead expansion on a dying server thats not even an accurate for its era. Be sure to swing by the cash shop to get those AAs faster.

Red will be around long after that disappears btw
yeah those 47 people playing red are sure to have the last laugh here

skarlorn
12-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Just because the server is up does not mean it's alive.

Red is dead.

Hibren
12-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Good luck with your dead expansion on a dying server thats not even an accurate for its era.

Wait, which server is he talking about? Because this is an apt description of both P99 servers.

Lhancelot
12-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Red is dead.

QFT

Valakut
12-07-2017, 11:18 PM
yea check out that dead server with all those active guilds clearing current content without petitionquest or fte LOL losers

if your macroquest game is on point and you got enough cash/kr you can box 18-24 accounts and slam out that content as a guild aka by yourself all day long

arsenalpow
12-07-2017, 11:28 PM
there is a rumor that he's been doing a wanking motion ever since the college football playoffs four teams were revealed.

Nah.

Valakut
12-09-2017, 12:47 AM
Sorry Phinny pals, you know its true :o

what if instead of arguing which server was more dead since nobody wants to really concede we argue which server has more hackers/exploiters?

Kushie
12-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Whose feeling saucy?

Lammy
12-11-2017, 11:40 AM
That's cool you beat an expansion in the first day

kotton05
12-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Reds still better than a congested Blue or a phinny when played in conjunction with each other. Most y’all are huge pussies And would rather wait in a loot line

Kushie
12-11-2017, 03:03 PM
Reds still better than a congested Blue or a phinny when played in conjunction with each other. Most y’all are huge pussies And would rather wait in a loot line

You are what you eat

Ravager
12-11-2017, 07:36 PM
If only there were some other game to play...

skarlorn
12-11-2017, 07:54 PM
kotton05 tell us more about how playing on red makes you a big tough alpha male

Kushie
12-11-2017, 08:06 PM
hey filbus, happy holidays and such. Luv u

skarlorn
12-11-2017, 08:29 PM
you too bud!

jakerees
12-12-2017, 11:24 AM
What's fun to do on P99 these days?

Play classic Everquest. Surprised you had to ask.

Kushie
12-14-2017, 02:53 AM
16 hour poopsocks with aftermath litigation team after 5 years of kunark sounds classic af

skarlorn
12-14-2017, 03:57 AM
Kushie dude r u mega rich off the bitcoin now? I keep thinking of u :)

AzzarTheGod
12-14-2017, 07:24 AM
kotton05 tell us more about how playing on red makes you a big tough alpha male

smilin hard

jakerees
12-14-2017, 09:46 AM
16 hour poopsocks with aftermath litigation team after 5 years of kunark sounds classic af

What server does this happen on? Not sounding familiar to my experience on p99...

Kalamurv
12-14-2017, 04:22 PM
I'm sure I am not the only one, but even if I am...I have to ask, who the fuck is BDA, and what does it stand for? I've been wondering this for months now, almost since I joined the server late July of this year (2017).

Kushie
12-14-2017, 07:48 PM
The best guild led by the best leader in the history of P99.

kaev
12-14-2017, 08:28 PM
The best guild led by the best leader in the history of P99.

^^

Kalamurv
12-15-2017, 04:13 AM
That comes nowhere close to anything resembling an answer to my question lol

kaev
12-15-2017, 07:45 AM
You did ask the question in RnF

Kalamurv
12-15-2017, 08:11 AM
True i did ask here...but for simple reasons; the thread has bda in title, to pad my minimal post count some, as well add do my part and contribute to helping this thread break 1000 pages.

falkun
12-15-2017, 09:19 AM
Post count is not padded via RNF posts. Good luck bumping that up.

Kalamurv
12-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Didn't know that, interesting

Ravager
12-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Swish still butthurt for some reason.

skarlorn
12-15-2017, 07:34 PM
"most fearless P99 casual guild"? rofl - that's legit the most ridiculous thing I've read in this thread.

The reason they imploded on P99 was because they didn't have a ringfenced "this is ours" Kunark rotation to sit behind, half their players jumped ship when the pixels dried up and rather than go quietly they had to declare how awful P99 raiding was (just because they couldn't compete).

Then off they went to Phinigel, where numerous old BDA raiders finally realized that the loot council system really was shit or that they weren't in the old boys club...and switched guilds.

Still you'd see Chest wall of texting about their latest accomplishments but the server died ages ago, and with BDA's "casual" players stopping or switching to Agnarr...that's a fitting end to an awful guild.

Had they stayed on P99 they would have had to fold though, the embarrassment that they couldn't compete without a rotation was probably too much :o

The only thing you really see from Phinigel itself is some snoozy muttering from Daldaen about how a dead expansion (with bugs) is somehow really good/exciting and how it's never too late to start... lol.

Later nerds :o

This is pretty damn close to spot on. I would add that the leadership of BDA was extremely fearful to try and compete, namely chest and anthrax. They posited that we would burn out and couldn't handle the cutthroat nature of fighting tmo/Ib. Meanwhile, we cut the throat of the class R rotation and commenced guild wide socking efforts to win raid mobs simply due to overwhelming numbers.

During this time, many vets who made up the backbone of BDA's skilled player base were hungry to go class C. We had a veteran forum where vets would regularly ask to go DKP and start trying to compete. Vet forum denigrated into a place where you aired your grievances and then got told the status quo was all we got.

There was a big demand and energy to go hard in BDA. Casual players who played full time, etc. But leadership did not properly leverage this. Essentially, chest thought he was the best puller in the world and he was only average. So we often lost FFA engages and velious content because our overly prideful leadership choked up and frequently made bad strategic decisions. Our best pullers like Yiska rightfully went to the guilds willing to use their talent. Velious created a momentary surge in population for BDA only to have skilled vets burn out once they got HoT gear and realize chest never wanted to REALLY go for anything beyond vindi/hot. The rhetoric was that we needed all backbone classes geared with hot and vindi, but it took too long to achieve that b/c loot council regularly awarded velious pixels to the old guard who rarely played instead of prioritizing active player base.

So with the inability to attract enough talent, a worsening sive effect on membership, and leadership who were afraid to fail, the guild basically died and moved to phinny, only to prolongate its inevitable demise.

I will say Chest had good intentions and certainly inspired comradery. He was not a greedy player. Just not ideally suited to lead a raid guild in an environment like p99 that favors min maxing players who seek to be the best and cut chaff.

skarlorn
12-15-2017, 09:32 PM
delusional posting by papa GJ bud

Valakut
12-16-2017, 12:11 PM
I will say Chest had good intentions and certainly inspired comradery.

I think this is incomprehensible to the majority or at the very least significantly underappreciated.

Argh
12-16-2017, 01:30 PM
I don't understand why BDA gets all the hate for killing off the rotation.

For the majority of the rotation BDA was never an issue and they tried hard to mediate between the smaller guilds and the more hardcore guilds (Taken/BDA/Divinity), generally siding with the smaller guilds to keep the rotation going.

When they finally officially killed the rotation, there really was no chance for saving it, except by Taken and BDA moving to Class-C (but muh play-style). The smaller guilds vision for the rotation were drastically different from Taken/Divinity/BDA's and even if they could reconcile those different visions they still had no infrastructure setup to handle adding new guilds to the rotation (many were trying to join), or a clear policy on adding/amending rules outside of having 6-8 hour summits on ventrilo.

I don't blame BDA at all for killing the rotation. It was never enjoyable to participate in the sausage making and extremely time consuming to manage. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

skarlorn
12-16-2017, 03:19 PM
*equips his class R vending machine epic*

smiles at Argh

*logs off for years*

kaev
12-16-2017, 05:35 PM
*equips his class R vending machine epic*

smiles at Argh

*logs off for years*
^^
This is why we can't have nice things!

Mistle
12-16-2017, 05:54 PM
This is pretty damn close to spot on. I would add that the leadership of BDA was extremely fearful to try and compete, namely chest and anthrax. They posited that we would burn out and couldn't handle the cutthroat nature of fighting tmo/Ib. Meanwhile, we cut the throat of the class R rotation and commenced guild wide socking efforts to win raid mobs simply due to overwhelming numbers.

During this time, many vets who made up the backbone of BDA's skilled player base were hungry to go class C. We had a veteran forum where vets would regularly ask to go DKP and start trying to compete. Vet forum denigrated into a place where you aired your grievances and then got told the status quo was all we got.

There was a big demand and energy to go hard in BDA. Casual players who played full time, etc. But leadership did not properly leverage this. Essentially, chest thought he was the best puller in the world and he was only average. So we often lost FFA engages and velious content because our overly prideful leadership choked up and frequently made bad strategic decisions. Our best pullers like Yiska rightfully went to the guilds willing to use their talent. Velious created a momentary surge in population for BDA only to have skilled vets burn out once they got HoT gear and realize chest never wanted to REALLY go for anything beyond vindi/hot. The rhetoric was that we needed all backbone classes geared with hot and vindi, but it took too long to achieve that b/c loot council regularly awarded velious pixels to the old guard who rarely played instead of prioritizing active player base.

So with the inability to attract enough talent, a worsening sive effect on membership, and leadership who were afraid to fail, the guild basically died and moved to phinny, only to prolongate its inevitable demise.

I will say Chest had good intentions and certainly inspired comradery. He was not a greedy player. Just not ideally suited to lead a raid guild in an environment like p99 that favors min maxing players who seek to be the best and cut chaff.

Here's the thing: Chest knew what it was going to take to be a class C rotation guild. But he didn't want to be the one doing it. Who would? Takes a special kind of person to sit and stare at a wall or door for sixteen hours. He did not like asking people to do something that he himself didn't want to do. Some people would have been willing anyways, like Valse, but the guild was already asking Valse to do way too much. Strong leadership might have made incentives to do this and BDA would have been "competing", but frankly the commitment needed to do that kind of retarded bullshit just wasn't there for enough people.

BDA stayed the course hoping for one of the promises by the staff to actually come true - that there would be a lot more earthquakes. Unfortunately depending on Sirken for literally any kind of positive action is a big mistake. When it never happened, they took the best way out they saw. Had a lot more fun than anyone standing at a "start line", can tell you that.

skarlorn
12-16-2017, 05:56 PM
there are a lot more earthquakes now

rebeccablack
12-16-2017, 06:10 PM
Later nerds :o
imagine being mentally ill enough to be this mad at a group of cyber elves after 3 years

Ravager
12-16-2017, 07:05 PM
"start line"
How this came to be the best compromise he could come up with still boggles the mind.

Kushie
12-17-2017, 01:11 PM
BDA didn't make p99 raiding terrible

Kushie
12-18-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm pretty glad I don't raid 3-4 nights a week anymore. I don't like DoN or any expansion after. EQ starts to get boring after you beat PoP. PoP progression was honestly too easy also. I don't think we wiped until EarthB

Valakut
12-19-2017, 11:02 AM
Here's the thing: Chest knew what it was going to take to be a class C rotation guild. But he didn't want to be the one doing it. Who would? Takes a special kind of person to sit and stare at a wall or door for sixteen hours. He did not like asking people to do something that he himself didn't want to do. Some people would have been willing anyways, like Valse, but the guild was already asking Valse to do way too much.

I think a lot of us knew what it would take. That's why for most of us there was no hard feelings in the end. Pretty sure most of BDA also knew we could of been the kings of class C if we wanted but at the same time most of BDA knew it was a pointless struggle.

Mark 8:36King James Version (KJV)

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Pick whatever class C guild you think was the most victorious of p99. How many of them will be gaming together 5 years from now? How many will be gaming together 10 years from now? I think most people were just measuring a guilds success with the wrong instrument.

BDA Detroit Meetup 2027

Erati
12-19-2017, 11:04 AM
come back BDA - theres still 2 more repops left this month !!

Never got to down Yelinak? Well now here's your chance!