PDA

View Full Version : P99 Server Q&A

Jack73hRipper
12-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Hello all,

I am an old-skool EQ player (pre-velious) days and am looking forward to trying out your server ! I just had a couple quick questions before I get started. I was wondering how friendly your player base is to new players, as in how easy is it to get started and are there people pretty frequently leveling at all level ranges?

I am very eager to hear back and start up on P99, thanks for any input you may have for me.

-Jack

ps. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, let me know and I can repost.

Ravun
12-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Welcome! I'm sure you are really going to love the server. The newbie areas always have people in them grouping. My experience was that many people helped me out especially when they found out that I was new to the server and not just an alt. The majority of people are pretty friendly, just stay off out of the R&F section in the forums and I think you will see what I mean :). Good luck!

Jack73hRipper
12-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Welcome! I'm sure you are really going to love the server. The newbie areas always have people in them grouping. My experience was that many people helped me out especially when they found out that I was new to the server and not just an alt. The majority of people are pretty friendly, just stay off out of the R&F section in the forums and I think you will see what I mean :). Good luck!

Thanks man sounds good, on disk 3 install so far :D

Another question came to mind, are there any discord players on P99 or any PVP at all ? I know its a PVE / LEGIT server but I remember players sometimes building discord based guilds on PVE servers.

Or how about arena/dueling ?

manny022
12-25-2010, 01:56 AM
hello, a newbie here with a question. Where is IIlanon Untitia? it says he's in port authority in east freeport, but i dont have much luck in finding this vendor. He could be anywhere and doing /loc isnt working out too well.

Nuggie
12-25-2010, 02:01 AM
Jack - welcome to the server. There are zones for each level range that bustle with activity most days during peak hours. during non peak hours they may be a little thinned out, but that just means less competition for the group or two that is there.

Manny - I'm not that familiar with merchants in freeport(I'm a Delf) sorry bro.

Randy
12-25-2010, 02:10 AM
hello, a newbie here with a question. Where is IIlanon Untitia? it says he's in port authority in east freeport, but i dont have much luck in finding this vendor. He could be anywhere and doing /loc isnt working out too well.

Where are you getting your info? I'd assume he's not original.

manny022
12-25-2010, 02:35 AM
i got it from the EQ traders vendor list, i dont think it's accurate. ive looked into vendors on this list before and i think the loc is wrong on most of them, i have to check.

Edit: im trying to find Large armor molds for blacksmithing

Randy
12-25-2010, 03:23 AM
Yeah, EQtraders is current with live EQ. I've never done smithing but i'd guess you can only get in them Large Race cities.

Scrooge
12-25-2010, 03:35 AM
Another question came to mind, are there any discord players on P99 or any PVP at all ? I know its a PVE / LEGIT server but I remember players sometimes building discord based guilds on PVE servers.

Or how about arena/dueling ?

We played on Discord on live, for that short time it was up. It was mostly good times but also too much rampant cheating, as I learned is the case with all EQ pvp servers.

There is no organized PvP or Arena bouts on P99 as far as I know, though you can always start something yourself.

jeffd
12-25-2010, 05:26 AM
I was wondering how friendly your player base is to new players

as long as you avoid the forums, they're pretty friendly. had a random bro (slippery?) from DA randomly decide to PL my group today - shit like that happens pretty regularly on p99.

Brut
12-25-2010, 08:26 AM
Large molds can be found in Oggok near the racial forge, which is first cave to left; and also in Feerrott where they're at the ogre houses near the bridge; none are sold at Grobb. (...And if you're a burb you can skittle around naked cuz you failed at race choice! Plus they can use medium-sizes anyway. ;o)

Can usually find groups in all level ranges. Just steer away from South karanas / Unrest, which are the respective dru/mag/nec -solo-concentration and the paladin-twink-PL-concentration.

Agecroft
12-25-2010, 09:40 AM
The general server population is great! The forum population...not so much.

Orov
12-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Welcome to P99! People I've run into are pretty friendly just don't be afraid to ask for a little help and hopefully no one gives you shit over it. If you need some help /tell me in game. My name is in mah sig. As much help as I got first starting from random strangers I'd like to return the favor.