PDA

View Full Version : Stacking INT or WIS buffs

Golaniel
05-08-2016, 10:56 AM
If I'm doing a tradeskill run on Jewelcrafting, I assume my higher of INT or WIS determined chance of skill up. My base INT and WIS are the same, so what's the best combo of buffs I can seek (beg for) to max one of these stats?

Thanks!

Baler
05-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Generally people max the one for their class,. so if you're a wis class buff up wis,. if you're a int class buff up int.

If you're neither. it only takes the higher one into consideration.
I've worked on JC,. expect to pay a lot for gains as your skill gets higher. You'll want one of them 200+ ... I am dead serious.

Find a high level enchanter to buff either stat too. I only trained while I had my stat buffed.
Ideally you're shooting for 255 (cap)

I even keep pieces of gear that buff that stat more that I wouldn't use normally.

In honesty,. if you cant afford to get your int or wis that high(200+),. you cant afford to train JC.

Some people will tell you its not worth your time if you're not an enchanter (due to enchant ingots) but I did mine on a mage and I just have a ench friend enchant bars for me.

Good luck may rngesus be with you.

Swish
05-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Agree, high expense tradeskills you really need 200+, and the more the better to keep the chance of skillups as high as possible.

I can't remember how much it cost me to do 240-250 in JC on red but it wasn't cheap even with high int :(

Golaniel
05-08-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm just looking to get at least 150 or so skill. Maxing BS on this toon as the primary, and don't care to run alts.

To clarify my question:
- is it easier to get my WIS or INT higher (both same base)
- are there buffs that stack? Or am I simply looking for a single buff from a 60 chanter?

RDawg816
05-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Are you a warrior? What race? I imagine you'd be better off finding wisdom gear. Cleric, druid and shaman might share gear with you. Charred Guardian Shield, Runed Mithril Bracers, jasper earring/rings, platinum ruby veil, Mucilaginous Girdle, Gatorscale Leggings, golden Efreeti Boots, to name a few....

As for buffs, high level enchanters get a spell and bards get a song. They might stack?

renordw
05-09-2016, 03:36 AM
Blacksmithing will take the highest str/int/wis... go str

Thulack
05-09-2016, 08:25 AM
I'm just looking to get at least 150 or so skill. Maxing BS on this toon as the primary, and don't care to run alts.

To clarify my question:
- is it easier to get my WIS or INT higher (both same base)
- are there buffs that stack? Or am I simply looking for a single buff from a 60 chanter?

Just one buff from enchanter. Forget name. Whichever is cheaper as far as int or wis gear is what to go for.

Golaniel
05-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Perfect, thanks for the help RDawg and Thulack. Renordw yes, using STR for BS.