PDA

View Full Version : Cant fit in opening to get to Dylan Starshine?

Matthalas Winterheart
05-08-2016, 01:35 PM
Im trying to do the testement of vanear quest, the part that includes getting to this NPC Dylan Starshine...It would appear that as a barbarian, I cannot get to his spot. I get stuck in the water.

I've tried Shrinking inside Highpass Keep, as It's indoors. But Cant do this either.

Am I missing something here?

Ravager
05-08-2016, 01:38 PM
You're probably at the wrong spot. It's a pretty big opening.

Matthalas Winterheart
05-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Im pretty sure Im at the right spot..There is a high pass citizen swimming there in the water, and I can see where there is land out on the other side of this opening..But no matter which angle I try to come at, I cant get out of the water there.

Ravager
05-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Are you bumping into something and auto-ducking? Can't get out of water if you're ducked. Also if you're levitating, it's tough to get out of water.

Jimjam
05-08-2016, 03:22 PM
Lower your frame rate.

Matthalas Winterheart
05-08-2016, 03:29 PM
Got it guys, Thanks for the replies.

NovaSeven
05-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Deleting the food on your character and then going afk for a while causes them to get smaller

Gumbo
05-08-2016, 06:24 PM
I never bothered with this quest for my Druid because unless your high enough level or bring help along to kill Dyllin Starsine. You have to deal with his smuggler buddies who will want to kick your ass.

I just picked up the Charred Guardian Shield. Safer and cheaper...

Sorn
05-08-2016, 07:28 PM
I never bothered with this quest for my Druid because unless your high enough level or bring help along to kill Dyllin Starsine. You have to deal with his smuggler buddies who will want to kick your ass.

Have you no sense of adventure? This is Classic EverQuest! It's not fun if you haven't died at least twice in hard to reach places that require a raid force to get.

Ele
05-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Deleting the food on your character and then going afk for a while causes them to get smaller

watch out for the gains goblins

Crawdad
05-09-2016, 01:53 PM

If you're worried about it just harmony anything nearby.. but I had no issue rooting+nuking Starshine to death at 24.. in Kunark, wearing only patchwork, uphill, while it snowed.

Shadin
05-09-2016, 02:21 PM

You just have to wait for his smuggler buddies to wander off, and make sure you pull him over towards the ledge. I did this quest at 14 on my Druid, he conned yellow and it was dicey but great fun.

cdawgz28
05-09-2016, 02:52 PM
He was up today a few hours ago btw