PDA

View Full Version : Vox & Naggy Raids

Chrisjones70
05-10-2016, 09:04 AM
How does someone get involved in Vox and Naggy raids on this server?

xKoopa
05-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Join a raid guild basically or get a solid group of pals and go after them yourselves, but the big guilds have lvl 52s dedicated to naggy/vox

Chrisjones70
05-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Thanks, Was looking to see how difficult it would be to get a book of scale questing rather than buying as doesnt look like anyone has sold one in years! This doesnt look fun lol

xKoopa
05-10-2016, 09:36 AM
I feel like that book isnt too hard to find for sale but not 100%

Gorillas
05-10-2016, 09:36 AM
How does someone get involved in Vox and Naggy raids on this server?

Keep dreaming, the no lifers have ruined this raiding experience as well.

The end game guilds have hundreds of players without social lives or careers who camp literally any raid target. They have dedicated Naggy/Vox Alts just to restrict you from doing at levels raids. They are all fully geared twinks with epics there just to farm their 10000 item. Once you get to Kunark don't expect to see VS until you're in an end game guild.

Swish
05-10-2016, 09:40 AM
Keep dreaming, the no lifers have ruined this raiding experience as well.

The end game guilds have hundreds of players without social lives or careers who camp literally any raid target. They have dedicated Naggy/Vox Alts just to restrict you from doing at levels raids. They are all fully geared twinks with epics there just to farm their 10000 item. Once you get to Kunark don't expect to see VS until you're in an end game guild.

Yep, its essentially people hooked on their Norrath bank balance...and there's always room for more pixels for alt #7, #8, #9

Chrisjones70
05-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Yes checking the auction logger, i have to keep checking it with 25k at my disposal and maybe 3 times a year one may become available to buy haha

Spyder73
05-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Yes checking the auction logger, i have to keep checking it with 25k at my disposal and maybe 3 times a year one may become available to buy haha

Would be better messaging guild leaders officers and asking if they have a book for sale...they may not be advertising it

Chrisjones70
05-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Would be better messaging guild leaders officers and asking if they have a book for sale...they may not be advertising it

Great advice thanks!

Jimjam
05-10-2016, 10:12 AM
I've been considering if I have time to guild up recently.

Many of the guilds that do Vox and Naggy are happy to take taggers on if you ask politely, follow instructions and don't get in the way.

I'm not saying they'll award you loot as a tagger on, but they might consider your attendances favourably should you decide to apply to such a guild.

Omni and Azure Guard are both full of nice people and organise such events.

I've seen some of the other 'A' guilds going after Naggy too. Just keep an eye on the zone, send tells and be nice.

Chrisjones70
05-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Yes would feel like i've cheated if I dont get to see Naggy and Vox go down... I will try for that!

Even if I buy afterwards, I just want that old dragon slaying feel back.

Thanks!

Ravager
05-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Be prepared to sit at the zone line for up to 16 hours once a week waiting for it to spawn.

Ele
05-10-2016, 11:08 AM
back in my day we sat there for 96 hours

Chrisjones70
05-10-2016, 11:09 AM
Wow that is commitment! I hope its over a weekend!

Ravager
05-10-2016, 12:14 PM
back in my day we sat there for 96 hours

Really speaks to the sad state of the raid scene here that people actually did that and in essence still do that.

Tewaz
05-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Made this for you in a new thread as well. A guide:

Here is way #1 to get a Naggy/Vox.

1. Make a class that is in high demand in an elite guild: Cleric, Rogue, Bard, Mage whatever. Don't make your nostalgic classic class. No one wants your ranger ass.
2. Level that class to 60. Don't continue until this is done.
3. Join a lower tier raiding guild, get your PoH, PoF armor, whatever, then slowly creep your way up to better gear for a few months as you spend your evening, weekends, early mornings, hours you should be working, etc. sitting at spawns waiting for a mob to pop that you don't need, but the guild officer's 8th alt's epic quest needs.
4. Leave that crappy guild.
5. App an elite guild where you will do the same thing, plus they now have the ability to text you any time of day to log in and kill dragons for 8th alt's epic.
6. Squeeze an extra hour or two of Everquest into your crushed week, and during this extra time (We'll call it "enjoyable EQ time") level up your Pally, Druid, Ranger, whatever class it is that gives you all the nostalgia.
7. Get this character to 52. Note: leveling this character should never interfere with sitting at raid mobs, sitting in TS, answering text messages, farming DA idols on your 60 warrior, etc.
8. Take your new character to Naggy/Vox and camp them out fully raid buffed. You may play them for 5 minutes up to twice a week while you drop an old world dragon while level 40's in bronze in a Kobold group dream of being you one day.
9. Take that feeling you feel at that level 40 lusting over your character and let it nourish your soul until the internal blackness overtakes you and you uninstall this game, freak out on the forums, and move on with your life.

Way #2 to get a Naggy/Vox

1. Make whatever the hell you want on red.
2. Level in CB, Unrest, MM, CoM, SolB, Lguk, at camps that provide experience AND loot. So novel.
3. Do this until level 52 (takes about 3 weeks)
4. Join a guild, kill a dragon, get loot, get money, get pals, profit.

xKoopa
05-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Really speaks to the sad state of the raid scene here that people actually did that and in essence still do that.

Gotta get them blight hammers and gold plated koshigatanas mane

Chrisjones70
05-10-2016, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Tewaz;2270068]Made this for you in a new thread as well. A guide:

Here is way #1 to get a Naggy/Vox.

Sounds like alot of brown nosing, lucky for me thats in my skillset!