PDA

View Full Version : West TOV - Saturday 14th May

Eabon
05-11-2016, 09:36 PM
Hey,

This is the third week we've been doing this, and this Saturday's open West TOV raid will begin at 6PM EST, meaning that I want everybody to be at the West TOV zoneout by 540PM EST at the latest. COTH will be open early and hopefully we'll have druids available to keep Sontalak harmonied. We aim to keep going until around Midnight EST.

From this week onwards we'll be taking cracks at NToV named/flurry drakes whenever we find opportunity, are already set up with experienced pullers capable of getting them to West ToV, and have been planning and shaping our raid so that we'll be capable of taking these things out. Regardless though, we'll be looking to start each raid with at least a solid one or two hours of non-stop chain-pulling, as such is the basic aim I have whenever I put these raids together - in my mind if we're not able to pull nonstop for hours with no more than ~5 seconds max between each mob, the reward probably isn't going to justify the effort.

All classes are welcome, however we're restricting to Level 60 only.
On previous raids we've had people from many different guilds, including Paradigm Shift, Clue, Venerate, Fires of Heaven, Bregan D'Aerth, Awakened, Aftermath, Azure Guard, Europa, the Kitten Pirate Security alliance, and several others.

If you wanna come please send me a PM after reading the paragraph immediately below this one. Also included are details on our loot system, which is a glorified and elaborated random rolling system designed to optimise everybody's control over what they actually walk away from the raid with.

If you're interested in coming along, send me a Private Message in the following format:

(i) Entitle your PM with your character name and your level and class. FOR EXAMPLE: "Eabon: 60 Warrior".
(ii) How much experience do you have with West ToV and/or Halls of Testing? FOR EXAMPLE: "A lot", "A little", "None at all"
(iii) What is the likelihood you'll be able to show up this Saturday? FOR EXAMPLE: "Definitely", "Very likely", "Not sure, we'll have to see what happens"
(iv) What other Level 60 characters do you have that you'd be willing to attend the raid on should there be a need for them. FOR EXAMPLE: "60 Cleric, 60 Enchanter, 60 Necromancer", "None at all"
(v) Your loot choices: Either (a) One Primary and Two Secondaries, OR (b) Three Secondaries (SEE SECTION BELOW ON LOOT SYSTEM/RULES)

So, your PM should look something like this:
Title: Eabon: 60 Warrior
(ii) No experience
(iii) Definitely available
(iv) Can also come on 60 Necromancer
(v) (1): Chain Legs, (2): Plate Boots, Plate Gauntlets

LOOT SYSTEM/RULES:

We will be using a modified/elaborated "random roll" system for loot distribution.

Our loot system can be described as a PRIORITY SYSTEM (specifically, a Two Tier Priority System), insofar as each person designates or prioritises up to three items.

Firstly, each person on the raid designates one item as their primary priority ("1") - typically the item that they most want - and two items as their secondary priorities ("2") - typically the two items that they want the next most *

When an item drops:
(i) All those who have designated that particular item as their "1" will be permited to roll for it. If only one person has designated the item as their "1" then they are awarded it automatically by default.
(ii) If nobody has designated that particular item as their "1", then all those who have designated it as "2" will be permitted to roll for it. If only one person has designated such an item as their "2" then they are awarded it automatically by default
(iii) If nobody has designated that particular item at all (either as "1" or "2") then all raiders who have a Level 60 character that they could use that item on in any capacity are permitted to roll.
(iv) If nobody is interested in the item for any of their Level 60 characters the item will be looted up so that it can be MQed later.
(v) Whenever somebody wins the item they designated as "1", they will no longer be eligible for their designated "2" items unless (a) those they're competing with have also won their "1" item, or (b) nobody else has designated that item as "2". That is, when you win your "1" item, you won't any longer be able to roll against somebody for your "2" items, unless they have also won their "1" item. *

And that's it. You choose one item that you want the most (one "1"), and then two items that you want the next most (two "2"s).* When an item drops, all those who have designated that they want that item the most ("1") get to compete (roll) for it, and if only one person wants it the most then they are awarded it automatically. If there isn't anybody who wants it the most ("1), then all those who have designated that they want that item the "next most" ("2") get to compete for it, and if only one person wants such an item the next most then they they are awarded it automatically. If nobody has designated the item at all, then all raiders who have a Level 60 character of that armour type are free to compete (roll) for it. And if at any point you win the piece you designated you wanted the most ("1) you will no longer be able to compete for those items you designated "the next most" ("2"), except when those you're competing against have also won their "1" item.

Simply put, this system allows people to prioritise those items that they feel will be the best for their character. And in so doing it massively increases the likelihood that people will end up with the pieces that they actually want the most. After all, there are certain pieces within an armour type that are incredibly good for one class while being pretty terrible for another, and this system gives people the chance to set their own personal agendas. It also eliminates situations in which you roll for a Gauntlets or Arms early in the raid but then find yourself unable to roll for a BP or Legs that drop later on in the raid, due to the "one-loot-rule".

In practice, when any given item drops I will announce the names of all those who have designated themselves as "1" and "2" for that item. If there is only one person at the highest level of priority then the item will be awarded to that person automatically. If there is more than one person at the highest level of priority then after waiting two minutes I will call for a roll.

NOTE WELL:
You will be free to select any three items granted that they correspond to the armour type of at least one of your Level 60 characters. That is:
(i) You CAN mix and match from across armour types, e.g., choose one plate item, and two silk; or one chain, one leather, and one plate, etc.,
(ii) All of your selections MUST be intended for a character of yours who is Level 60. In other words, you can't select and compete for an item for your Level 52 Shadowknight, your Level 55 Monk, your Level 59 Warrior, or your friend's/brother's/mother's Cleric/Warrior/Bard/Mage/Wizard, etc.,

*Those who feel that they would prefer to have three secondary priorities rather than one primary priority and two secondary priorities are free to do so. This choice removes the handicap that should you win your primary priority item you are no longer permitted to compete for your secondary priorities, whilst at the same time gives you the disadvantage of not having any items at the highest tier of priority.

Raev
05-11-2016, 10:58 PM
This sounds like a perfect opportunity for the monk death squad. We charge 100 beetle bakes per dragon pulled.

Eabon
05-12-2016, 12:03 AM
Two jumjum stalks and a cupcake.

applesauce25r624
05-12-2016, 02:41 PM
*BUMP*! attend this raid, ya pansies!!

Raev
05-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Two jumjum stalks

No halfling food please. Unless it contains real halfling parts. Klok Sweetzie makes amazing halfling shish kabob!

Granwaltercy
05-13-2016, 05:59 AM
Eabon runs a great raid. Show up tomorrow and get some loot people!

khanable
05-13-2016, 06:16 AM
Eabon runs a great raid. Show up tomorrow and get some loot people!

Yep the first one was great fun. My immersion levels were at peak levels - I so recommend!

Spyder73
05-13-2016, 08:58 AM
I'd love to come to this, but grinding faction for this rep seems like a real kick in the D.

The only way to get Ally is to keep fighting stuff in West?

khanable
05-13-2016, 09:46 AM
I'd love to come to this, but grinding faction for this rep seems like a real kick in the D.

West mobs only give +kromzek I believe (and -cov)

Not sure what you're asking but you can use dwarf heads to max out faction pretty fast

Jotei
05-13-2016, 09:58 AM
Should these open format adventures continue, I might be happy to join in another 3-4 weeks once my training is complete. Best of luck!

xKoopa
05-13-2016, 09:59 AM

Dorf nerds outside thurg are good faction i think (and easy)

Erati
05-13-2016, 11:02 AM
I am going to pop in for some faction hits and the immersion

Eabon leads great raids - make sure all your /ooc /shout etc are turned on !

My first Plane of Sky quests were completed thanks to his Open raids so hes pretty much the best thing since sliced bread.

Gremmy
05-13-2016, 05:00 PM
+1 for Eabon, super helpful guy and def knows what he's doing.

Eabon
05-13-2016, 10:04 PM

Using 54 Coldain Heads I went from Scowls --> Warmly to Kromzek, and was able to get up to Ally after the faction hits from another hour or so of killing Coldain Wolfmasters and their wolf pals directly outside Thurgadin. The average rate of getting heads tends to be 5-10 an hour in my experience.

With West TOV, the only time I've checked this, I went from Apprehensively --> Amiably to Kromzek after one raid, which was only about ~1-2 hours of good non-stop chain pulling. I estimate that you might be able to go from Scowls to Ally to Kromzek in anywhere between 2 and 6 of our West TOV raids, depending on how efficiently we're able to keep things

So in my opinion faction isn't actually as much of a nightmare as it's often made out to be. And COV is even easier, given that it's possible to go from Max Scowls to Ally to CoV in a good 4-6 hours of continuous chain pulling in Wakening Lands, of the T + T nameds and all nearby giants.

And thanks everybody for all your kind words !
Things are all set and ready for tomorrow's raid.
We're still welcoming all classes though, so get in touch.

indiscriminate_hater
05-14-2016, 11:42 PM
Awesome raid Eabon - very smooth, and we scored a monstrous amount of loot for such a relatively small group. 2x chain legs anyone?

Eabon
05-15-2016, 02:50 AM
Thanks again to everybody for coming along!
For next week's raid we'll be breaking right through the entrance hallway and central hub into the beginning of North ToV, at which point we'll pull the nearby named drake guards. After that, if we have the right set up for it, we'll try out a Flurry Drake or two. I'll make another post regarding next week's raid in a day or two.

Here's tonight's loot list, including two Chain Legs, Silk Legs, Leather Legs, and Leather Tunic:

Plate Helm - Sakuragi
Plate Helm - Antonin
Plate Arms - Cucumbers
Plate Arms - Igotu
Plate Gauntlets - Igotu
Plate Boots - Eabon

Chain Legs - Smoof
Chain Legs - Cecily
Chain Coif - Droxx

Leather Tunic - Lyant
Leather Legs - Lyant
Leather Cap - Looted for MQ
Leather Bracer - Twaila
Leather Boots - Lyant
Leather Boots - Looted for MQ

Silk Legs - Lewelynn
Silk Cap - Alizze
Silk Arms - Magier
Silk Arms - Abadeer
Silk Bracer - Alizze
Silk Gloves - Magier

Naethyn
05-15-2016, 03:35 AM
Can't wait for flurry raids!!!!!

Cecily
05-15-2016, 07:05 AM
Had fun. Great raid, Eabon. Thank you everyone that attended. And a special thank you to Jasminda for passing on pants.

virulentthemonstaire
05-15-2016, 07:36 AM
great raid indeed. eabon is a legend. Fennin Ro server represent!

Drastick Measure, 60th Human Bard
Lunatick Asylum, 60th Dark Elf Enchanter

khanable
05-15-2016, 07:46 AM
You haven't really played p99 until you've done an Eabon raid

Swish
05-15-2016, 08:33 AM
You haven't really played p99 until you've done an Eabon raid

I thought that about an Omni open raid.

Webeporting
05-15-2016, 11:23 AM
Just want to say the fact you are doing pickup raids at this level is awesome . as classic as eq gets, as soon as I am high enough level I'm looking forward to joining, cheers to making p99 great again.

Raev
05-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Had a good time like always. North Temple should be fun too.

What I don't understand is how on a server that is 90% monk I was the only one there!

applesauce25r624
05-15-2016, 01:32 PM
shoutouts:
eabon for putting this on. holy monkey bladders. you are super organized!
raev for all the pulling!
antonin for picking up the slack w/ the MR debuffs
cecily and that other dude for the shitty /random 1000 rolls so i could win the chain legs
lyant for all the heals so i could canni 4 more w/ fewer torpors
droxx for the malosinis and for shaman buffing the raid so i could try to get off more slows (those were some MR resistant bastards)

Cecily
05-15-2016, 02:23 PM
This sounds like a perfect opportunity for the monk death squad. We charge 100 beetle bakes per dragon pulled.

You did a great job. How many do we owe you?