PDA

View Full Version : Best class to farm Manastones and Guises

Izmael
05-12-2016, 04:35 AM
I have never played on a server with Manastones or Guises still dropping, live or emu.

So I have never faced the actual question.

Let's say a fresh p99 blue server opens, and I'd like, for once in my life, to farm a Manastone and a Guise, what would be the best class to do it solo?

I kinda wanna say Enc but I might be wrong as I never played with a level 50 limit.

Amargura
05-12-2016, 04:44 AM
Magician and Necro are quite on the spot

azeth
05-12-2016, 06:58 AM
Manastone is from the evil eye in lower guk dead side. So necro

Izmael
05-12-2016, 08:12 AM
I thought evil eye was live side.

Trungep99
05-12-2016, 09:35 AM
I thought evil eye was live side.

correct

azeth
05-12-2016, 11:52 AM
correct

dont believe so. hes right across the hall from FG

Izmael
05-12-2016, 12:05 PM

That's the Hand.

Erati
05-12-2016, 12:07 PM
enchanter

Daldaen
05-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Sentinel is across the hall from frenzied...

I feel like Azeth is trolling.

Best class, clearly Druid. They level up easier than chanter and have way more value with a mana stone.

Erati
05-12-2016, 12:12 PM
question was which classes best to acquire Manstone on new server

not use one

my druid could not solo Evil Eye at lvl 35 - wasnt close- while an enchanter same level could very easily

Spit
05-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Just do Mage so easy to level in classic

Swish
05-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Shamagiancer

Izmael
05-12-2016, 12:14 PM
n/t

Tewaz
05-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Don't plan on getting a manastone or guise on a new server unless you are planning to not log out for 180+ hours straight or play on a pvp server.

Raev
05-12-2016, 01:10 PM
I don't think a manastone would be particularly valuable on Recycle 99. It's already down from 300k because it can't be used outside of classic zones which are trivial anyway with Velious gear and levels.

It would be all about the Guise IMO; that is useful forever.

azeth
05-12-2016, 02:45 PM
I don't think a manastone would be particularly valuable on Recycle 99. It's already down from 300k because it can't be used outside of classic zones which are trivial anyway with Velious gear and levels.

It would be all about the Guise IMO; that is useful forever.

What use does a guise provide? Other than fucking up shrink when avatar procs.

Pheer
05-12-2016, 02:46 PM
enchanter hands down to farm anything in classic

guise and manastone arent particularly difficult camps though, its just a matter of actually getting the camp itself so you either need to neckbeard rush to 50 and be ahead of the pack to lock the camp down first or you need to be willing to sit in line for a long ass time

Trungep99
05-12-2016, 02:57 PM
enchanter hands down to farm anything in classic

guise and manastone arent particularly difficult camps though, its just a matter of actually getting the camp itself so you either need to neckbeard rush to 50 and be ahead of the pack to lock the camp down first or you need to be willing to sit in line for a long ass time

but chanters dont need a guise, only for their alts.

Spyder73
05-12-2016, 03:18 PM
necromancer is pretty much the best farming class IMO

Trungep99
05-12-2016, 03:31 PM
necromancer is pretty much the best farming class IMO

especially for lower guk

Raev
05-12-2016, 03:40 PM
What use does a guise provide?

status!

Erati
05-12-2016, 03:42 PM
necromancer would get shit on by enchanter even undead side

enchanter is the best classic farming class hands down- they solo froglok king camp pre kunark at 50

Doctor Jeff
05-12-2016, 03:42 PM

Completely inaccurate and when corrected, does not check his facts, just insists that he is correct.

A true ForumQuester.

Trungep99
05-12-2016, 03:54 PM
necromancer would get shit on by enchanter even undead side

enchanter is the best classic farming class hands down- they solo froglok king camp pre kunark at 50

i disagree vs undead mobs.
necros can charm, mez, root, life tap, DA, feign death, lull. IVU, self invis, undead nuke, can make perminent pets that follow commands.

did i mention life tap? chanters cannot self heal nearly as quickly.

Erati
05-12-2016, 03:58 PM
i disagree vs undead mobs.
necros can charm, mez, root, life tap, DA, feign death, lull. IVU, self invis, undead nuke, can make perminent pets that follow commands.

did i mention life tap? chanters cannot self heal nearly as quickly.

enchanters have tools to deal with so many other situations where the necro would have to be bailing themselves out with FD / life tap

and necro mess is only for recharming mostly - it is not a mess, lasts 12 second ?

the enchanter would never really be in much danger unless something really wonky happened

Pheer
05-12-2016, 04:12 PM
but chanters dont need a guise, only for their alts.

that wasnt the question though, the question was what class to farm it with

If you wanted to get a guise on a ranger and wanted to actually farm it with a ranger then the question would be 'how do i farm a guise on a ranger'

Kieu
05-12-2016, 05:09 PM

He's definitely on live side, he is right by raster, and slaythe. Both are in the mino cave area. Which would be live.

Swish
05-12-2016, 05:27 PM
I'd do it on a cleric myself... because then I could corpse myself 9-10 times and rez up.

I'd then sit on those guises for a few years and cash in like a true tunnel rat would when they've reached greater value.

azeth
05-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Completely inaccurate and when corrected, does not check his facts, just insists that he is correct.

A true ForumQuester.

I believe a ForumQuester makes the exact post I'm quoting from you.

See, outside the house/off the internet, people are allowed to be wrong & banter.

Maker_Mayhem
05-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Swish, aren't the guises no drop?

Swish
05-12-2016, 05:46 PM
I was 100% sure they weren't until I checked... I never had one :(

Chokan
05-12-2016, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't be a class that can already be a darkelf, that's dumb. Be a druid or shaman.

Swish
05-12-2016, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't be a class that can already be a darkelf, that's dumb. Be a druid or shaman.

Enchanters aren't dumb.

Dark elf enchanters are the bestest.

Izmael
05-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Well after 4 pages I still have no idea what to roll on Green 99 since nobody is agreeing with anybody. THANKS A LOT EVERYONE.

Probably going to go with an enc because uh I dunno. It's a class that doesn't suck I guess?

Lojik
05-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Dark elf enchanter, so you can be dark elf then double illusion dark elf

Swish
05-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Well after 4 pages I still have no idea what to roll on Green 99 since nobody is agreeing with anybody. THANKS A LOT EVERYONE.

Probably going to go with an enc because uh I dunno. It's a class that doesn't suck I guess?

Speaking as Tholuxe Paells first SoW pot seller, there's something to be said for tradeskilling things that nobody else can...and cashing in on that early advantage. If you're thinking economy/tunnelquest.

Next time I roll on a new server I'm going to probably pick a bard or something that can do a bit of everything - because I don't think I've got it in me to do any more than 1 more level 50/60.

Thulack
05-12-2016, 06:14 PM

"green 99" is years in the future. By then you might not even like playing EQ still. Why worry about it now? Having a Druid,Ranger,Shaman,Monk,Necro with Guise is nice though :)

Izmael
05-12-2016, 06:17 PM
"green 99" is years in the future. By then you might not even like playing EQ still. Why worry about it now? Having a Druid,Ranger,Shaman,Monk,Necro with Guise is nice though :)

Dude, I played EQ 2000-2001. Then I quit for 14 years. You think back then I supposed I would play it again in 2015 or 2016?

Who knows what future holds for us. Everyone here is an EQ nerd, hooked on EQ until the very last breath. Deal with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0rv1pqCs-E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym9hIEbnijw

Thulack
05-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Dude, I played EQ 2000-2001. Then I quit for 14 years. You think back then I supposed I would play it again in 2015 or 2016?

Who knows what future holds for us. Everyone here is an EQ nerd, hooked on EQ until the very last breath. Deal with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0rv1pqCs-E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym9hIEbnijw

I played live from 1999 to 2012 and here from 2011 to 2014. Dont gotta tell me about being hooked lol. I finally broke the urge though. I guess i can thank the raiding scene here mostly for that.

Izmael
05-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Try red though. It's peculiar but you might like it.

Gumbo
05-12-2016, 06:22 PM
By the time you decide on which character to roll for a Manastone. There will be 15 other characters already waiting in line to try and get one.

Gumbo
05-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Not to jack the thread but all this talk about a green server, manastones and 'guises got me thinking about items.

When I played live back in 1999. My rogue had a Guise of the Deceiver and I know they were removed and replaced with Mask of Deception.

What is the big deal between the two? I mean except for the race limitations, I'm not seeing any difference. I mean everyone makes such a big deal about having or not having a Guise of the Deceiver and I'm not seeing it... Why not just use the Mask of Deception?

Thulack
05-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Not to jack the thread but all this talk about a green server, manastones and 'guises got me thinking about items.

When I played live back in 1999. My rogue had a Guise of the Deceiver and I know they were removed and replaced with Mask of Deception.

What is the big deal between the two? I mean except for the race limitations, I'm not seeing any difference. I mean everyone makes such a big deal about having or not having a Guise of the Deceiver and I'm not seeing it... Why not just use the Mask of Deception?

Any race/class can click a Guise of the Deceiver from inventory. Only a rogue can click Mask of Deception.

Gumbo
05-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Any race/class can click a Guise of the Deceiver from inventory. Only a rogue can click Mask of Deception.

So even though it says it's

Class: BRD ROG
Race: ALL

It was clickable from inventory by any class/race. So why didn't the programmers just fix this so only a Bard or Rogue could click it in inventory, instead of removing it?

Mask of Deception is listed as

Race: ALL except ERU HIE TRL OGR IKS

Do you have to be wearing the Mask of Deception or can it be used from inventory?

Thulack
05-12-2016, 09:31 PM
So even though it says it's

Race: ALL

It was clickable from inventory by any class/race. So why didn't the programmers just fix this so only a Bard or Rogue could click it in inventory, instead of removing it?

Mask of Deception is listed as

Race: ALL except ERU HIE TRL OGR IKS

Do you have to be wearing the Mask of Deception or can it be used from inventory?

Because 17 years ago Verant didnt want to punish the people that had already gotten it so they just removed it from the game and replaced it with the Mask. It was only ingame on live for like 2 months. Rather nice on their part if you ask me. Mask you have to be wearing to click.(if my memory serves me correctly its been 2 years since i played my rogue.) Either way only rogues can click it.

indiscriminate_hater
05-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Aoe kite a hard to level 50 in 12 hours of playtime then lock down camp until your neckbeard friends can take over. Corpse mana stones nonstop for the few months until they take it out. Sit on them for a couple years then RMT the shit out of them. Roll and repeat

JurisDictum
05-13-2016, 12:20 AM
I hear that classic EQ is just straight Mage's for the first month or two on most these emulator and Daybreak progression servers. The only thing that can possibly compare is Necromancer. At least until other classes get a lot more gear, but even then...

Mage starts out king of the world, and it is all downhill from there.

Kieu
05-13-2016, 12:48 AM
Personally, I think DE monks look legit af.

Izmael
05-13-2016, 04:45 AM
Corpse Manastones? I thought they weren't lore.

I actually have a manastone on live from back then, where it happens to be totally useless and doesn't even impress anyone anymore.

Taffan
05-14-2016, 05:57 PM
I hear that classic EQ is just straight Mage's for the first month or two on most these emulator and Daybreak progression servers. The only thing that can possibly compare is Necromancer. At least until other classes get a lot more gear, but even then...

Mage starts out king of the world, and it is all downhill from there.

Yeah, i remember the first few PoA big time kills on p99 back in vanilla had like 30 mage pets zerging it up.