PDA

View Full Version : If you could mix two classes into one char, which ones would you pick?

Izmael
05-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Let's say at char creation you can check two classes instead of just one. And your character would inherit ALL properties of these two classes.

Cleric X Warrior wouldn't make a Paladin but something more powerful since it would be able to dual wield and go defensive but still CH and cast Aegolism.

Paladin X Warrior would be a Warrior but with even higher melee skills than a regular War (War skills + pal skills) and with all paladin spell abilities.

I like Enc x Shm for insane solo ability.

Also Enc x Nec should be pretty brutal.

Or Bard x SK for the ultimate PvP machine.

Which combo would you pick and why?

xKoopa
05-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Give me shaman monk please

Izmael
05-12-2016, 12:27 PM
Don't forget the "why" part !

xKoopa
05-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Cuz shaman monk solo 99% of stuffs

Cecily
05-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Rogue + Enchanter. Would be absolutely evil in solo/group PvE or PvP.

Stealth, damage, crowd control and charms.

Lojik
05-12-2016, 12:31 PM
Wizard + mage, cause netflix

TKoji
05-12-2016, 12:31 PM
Magician and cleric. My two favorite classes.

Scrapiron
05-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Druid + Enchanter = Druchanter

Because It would be a 1 man brute squad.

leftharted
05-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Shamanancer; alternatively, Witch Doctor!
Shaman + Necro

super buffs, heals, mana regen, dots, fear, CC, pets, FD, etc.
would YOLO everything accept raid targets. 8P

Nixtar
05-12-2016, 12:54 PM
Necro + Shaman because why not be a complete boss solo and in a group? Also, Torpor/canni/lich = Never running out of mana + mana battery... Actually, more like mana nuclear plant.

And I really like the idea of a shaman turning to the dark powers for more... Uh, power.

xKoopa
05-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Necro + Shaman because why not be a complete boss solo and in a group? Also, Torpor/canni/lich = Never running out of mana + mana battery... Actually, more like mana nuclear plant.

And I really like the idea of a shaman turning to the dark powers for more... Uh, power.

Just give my monk torpor and a lvl 30ish slow and im gtg

Pheer
05-12-2016, 02:50 PM
all i want for christmas is defensive disc

Maker_Mayhem
05-12-2016, 02:55 PM
sounds like you need to play (or do play) baldurs gate ;)

hmm...I would have to choose RANGER + RANGER.

Why? Because of simple algebra we understand that when you add two negatives, they become a positive. When i'm in trouble in Norrath I know I look for the first ranger I can find!! ...it helps me realize I don't have it so bad, afterall.

Trungep99
05-12-2016, 03:00 PM
necro + warrior to become the ultimate shadow knight!!!

Spyder73
05-12-2016, 03:02 PM
I have dreamed of the Monkard many times (Monk/Bard). Talk about the ultimate pull machine! Luls, Selos, Haste, damage adds, charms, mez, regen, invis, levitate....

Garns Rock of Smashing mainhand/Bard Epic off hand = Time to suck my D

plus Bards can use all the illusion masks and have some of the most useful clickies...Tash orb coming to mind.

EDIT: The monk/shaman would be the most powerful by far. Slow mob, apply dots, engage in melee, torpor as needed...could probably solo certain raid mobs, bvut the Monkard is the ultimate

Maker_Mayhem
05-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Omgosh the fabled "Bonk"??!

Spyder73
05-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Omgosh the fabled "Bonk"??!

The Bonk would rule all of Norrath

Scrapiron
05-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Bonk, capable of going from Selo's to FD in just one click.

Maker_Mayhem
05-12-2016, 03:14 PM
legend tells of the bonk singing selos in FD form while sneaking!

Spyder73
05-12-2016, 03:20 PM
+ tracking

xexbis0
05-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Warrior/Enchanter.

- Allows you to charm without care.
- Gives you some serious ability to generate aggro and debuff at the same time
- Buffs / CC

kjs86z
05-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Cleric + Enchanter

Easily the most broken.

Pheer
05-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Cleric + Enchanter

Easily the most broken.

i feel like shaman/chanter would be more broken

Spyder73
05-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Being able to buff and complete heal your charm pets would be....interesting. DA would be nice on a chanter as well.

Ivory
05-12-2016, 05:32 PM
Ok!!! This is tricky!!!!!

What would create the most powerful archer? -thinks thinks-

Obviously ranger to begin with. That is a given....without trueshot and double group damage after 51, it just drops off too much.

But what would compliment that?

Nothing that heals or slows, that is useless.

Perhaps a pet? Maybe....but I think perhaps that would give too many vulnerabilities. Even if the passive damage increase to kiting would be a good amount.

What about.....-gasp!!!- what about....a bard?!??!??!!??! Mana song!! And haste!! And dex buff!! And other situational abilities!!!!

Sure the raw damage isn't as powerful. But utility skyrockets!! Being able to temporarily charm can boost damage. Having lots of mana to be able to ranger nuke between shots!!!

Other mix classes have a lot of downtime as they try to cover 2 peoples jobs and eat up their mana.

But ranger + bard compliments each other!! Into the ultimate archer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH and since it is a bard...YOU CAN CAST WHILE RUNNING!!!! Holy bananas!!!!!!!

Swish
05-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Bard and wizard, no more having to stand still to drop an ice comet/sunstrike on someone (or something)

Izmael
05-12-2016, 05:57 PM
I really like Bonk.

Now that I gave it about 11 seconds more thought... Mage x Mage should be pretty insane.
Imagine epic pet with double hp / dps. YIKES

What about the worst combo though?

Hmm let's see. Other than the obvious ranger x ranger... maybe something like warrior x wizard. Also Cleric x cleric should be pretty boring.

xKoopa
05-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Bard and wizard, no more having to stand still to drop an ice comet/sunstrike on someone (or something)

Wow this would be op on a pvp server lol

Gumbo
05-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Off the top of my head... I would go with a Warrior & Rogue.

Like Conan the Barbarian, where I would have the fighting ability as a tank and be able to kick ass and also have the abilities to sneak, hide, steal and backstab.

LGraves
05-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Duel class eh?

Rogue and Necromancer:)

Jmcwrestling
05-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Cleric + Enchanter

Easily the most broken.

Retweet

Sorn
05-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Druid + Monk

SoW, heals, PotG, DS, ports, FD, general bad-assness, and capability of being a wood elf, human, or iksar.

I call this unholy union of mildly interesting traits...the Drunk.

Daywolf
05-12-2016, 09:12 PM
ranger-necro
emphasis on archery and temp nec pets (always tic down health)
dots and dd's through arcane bow strikes
leach heals (from/to)
improved undead tracking
undead wolf form/cammo

human, dark Elf, half-elf races

khanable
05-12-2016, 10:29 PM
Magician and warrior so I could summon my own food and drink

Baler
05-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Shadow Knight + Shaman
Would be an unstoppable solo artist.

Plate armour, warrior offense/defense, torpor, slow, haste, stat buffs, harm touch, FD, snare, root, dots, dd, life tap, the list goes on and on
Maybe an undead wolf pet.

Vanbiscuit
05-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Enchanter Monk. No question.

Izmael
05-13-2016, 04:48 AM
Enchanter monk has no way to heal other than mend or bind wound though.

Foxplay
05-13-2016, 06:08 AM
CLR + DRU

perma self C2 / GoB / PotG / MotH cause F being OOM!

Spyder73
05-13-2016, 08:51 AM
The Necro Monk would be a force to be reckoned with...

Yasi
05-13-2016, 08:51 AM
I'd go for Ranger+Warrior, hoping that the Warrior sucks all the uselessness out of the ranger and makes it viable.

Beinen
05-13-2016, 10:11 AM
Ranger

Jotei
05-13-2016, 10:51 AM
I am a monk. I only aspire to be twice the monk that I am.

ArumTP
05-13-2016, 10:51 AM
Cleric + Bard

Dat Channel skill!

Erati
05-13-2016, 10:54 AM
I would mix Wizard + Cleric

You would have an assortment of healing, teleporting, nuking, rooting...oh wait

we have that class already - DRUID, aka perfection.

Lagaidh
05-13-2016, 11:51 AM
Paladin + Enchanter: Your crowd is controlled. Now and forever.

Spyder73
05-13-2016, 11:56 AM
Would be a pretty fun custom server if they made one that had multi-classing. You could do the multi-classing in the manner that AA’s are done (where you can slide the XP scale to give XP to one class set over the other). In newer games I don’t think it works very well, but in something as established as EQ I could see it being pretty fun... Monks in plate with bard songs – warriors with Torpor – enchanters who can FD…

Would make some gearing choices very interesting....

snots
05-13-2016, 11:58 AM
Monk + druid.

You can be anywhere. You can track (BIG one). Good AC and DS and heals for soloing. Unstoppable :D

unleashedd
05-13-2016, 12:10 PM
ranger + mage: pet on fire, mobs on fire, arrows on fire. you can call him rage

-Catherin-
05-13-2016, 12:11 PM
Im going to say Enchanter/Bard.

This may seem like a huge overlap but an enchanter that can move while casting is just retarded. and then with all the little extra things that bards bring to the table really compliments an enchanter well.

Morningbreath
05-13-2016, 12:24 PM
Wiz + Mage. Should have been that way from the start. Sustained pet damage + ultra low agro Mage nukes = balance.

NegaStoat
05-13-2016, 02:02 PM
Wiz + Mage. Should have been that way from the start. Sustained pet damage + ultra low agro Mage nukes = balance.

In all honesty I think magicians should have had their pets scaled back to necro pets in strength, a bit more variety in damage types for nukes but keep their overall nuking power the same, keep no snare or root, and slightly more useful AoE damage (on par with a druid's), slap in the wizard ports, and delete the wizard. It's like the game designers had good intentions when making the mage and wizard but the enchanter and necro just slap their dicks all over them when it comes to usefulness and having a robust spell list. The druid and shaman too for that matter.

Lune
05-13-2016, 03:00 PM
Shaman monk

Time to bring back my favorite class, beastlords

Morningbreath
05-13-2016, 06:25 PM
In all honesty I think magicians should have had their pets scaled back to necro pets in strength, a bit more variety in damage types for nukes but keep their overall nuking power the same, keep no snare or root, and slightly more useful AoE damage (on par with a druid's), slap in the wizard ports, and delete the wizard. It's like the game designers had good intentions when making the mage and wizard but the enchanter and necro just slap their dicks all over them when it comes to usefulness and having a robust spell list. The druid and shaman too for that matter.

Good intentions or lack of creativity I wonder. The devs made an effort to create useful spell lineups for most classes while a magician could go all the way without touching their AE nukes and half of their summons. Quading is only thing that legitimized one line AE spells for most wizards. The rest were either garbage or of no use at all in a standard group.

The emergent gameplay that's still being uncovered in classic Everquest is brilliant in my mind but the decline in pure magical damage in groups will always be that one sticking point for me.

NarcolepticLTD
05-13-2016, 06:33 PM
RANGUE?
ROGNER?

Rogue-Ranger

because stuff.

NarcolepticLTD
05-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Rongue!

Teddie1056
05-13-2016, 07:01 PM
Warrior + Monk. I Would have unreal mitigation and evasive abilities, while also providing solid DPS, better agro, and FD would rock.

Swish
05-13-2016, 07:46 PM
Shaman monk

Time to bring back my favorite class, beastlords

They really were great, would be nice if we had them.

Vexenu
05-14-2016, 12:27 AM
Would be a pretty fun custom server if they made one that had multi-classing. You could do the multi-classing in the manner that AA’s are done (where you can slide the XP scale to give XP to one class set over the other). In newer games I don’t think it works very well, but in something as established as EQ I could see it being pretty fun... Monks in plate with bard songs – warriors with Torpor – enchanters who can FD…

Would make some gearing choices very interesting....

Interesting thought experiment...what would an EQ skill tree look like? How would it be balanced? Let's assume there were suddenly no classes in EQ, allowing for this type of multi-classing, and instead you received 1 skill point each time you leveled and could assign these points into skills, spells and abilities from any current class. In this manner you could essentially build your own class.

The question then becomes, how would you "price" unique skills, spells and abilities in order to maintain some semblance of balance? For example, if you had a total of 60 skill points to build your character with, how much is the ability to port worth? 10 skill points? What about the ability to complete heal? 20? The ability to wear plate armor. Maybe 5 or 10. Raising offensive weapon skills to 252? Maybe that's worth 25. Simply being able to cast the slow line of spells? Gotta be minimum of 15-20 skill points there. So maybe you could end up with enough skill points to allow you to deal tremendous melee damange, complete heal and port...but you have no defensive skills, can only wear cloth armor and have no utility skills. Or maybe you elect to cast big nukes, can feign death and wear plate armor. But you have no heals, CC and can't even cast gate. Would be interesting to see what kind of combinations people would play if you could correctly "price" skills, spells and abilities.

And what's funny is that when thinking about this you realize how overpowered Enchanters are. One class the ability to mez, haste, slow, charm and cast clarity. They're like a multi-class of their own while everyone else is stuck single class.

This is also interesting and something I hadn't really considered before: you really could simply combine the Wizard and Magician classes and the result would not only not be considered overpowered, but would still arguably be the weakest INT caster behind the Necro and Enchanter. You'd essentially have a Mage with root and snare, ports and better nukes. Simply make them unable to cast Lure/Bane nukes while they have a pet up (with the plausible lore explanation that doing so requires too much strain on their ability to control the elements) to prevent them from running away with top raid DPS (60/Epic pet + Lures/Banes would be a little over the top - so just make them choose one at a time) and the class would actually be very well balanced from a pure power perspective. The Enchanter would still be much more powerful and the Necro more versatile, but the Mage/Wizard hybrid would have a very solid niche and actually feel like a fully fleshed out class, which neither the Wizard or Magician do right now.