PDA

View Full Version : Passage of Arms

Expediency
05-13-2016, 01:23 PM
Over the next month I will be holding several "Passage of Arms" events to in the old world of Norrath in order to test my skill and prove my honor and bravery to the citizens of p99. They will happen roughly once per week and last approximately two hours. I will maintain my post regardless of the number of challengers that pass by.

The format is very simple: I will set up on a well traveled road or bridge of the Old World, and every character level 58+ that wishes to pass will be challenged to a duel, and must fight or be disgraced. Those who agree will be given time to reach full hp/mana so that we can have a fair fight. Those who will not fight will be mocked based on their race, diety, and lack of fighting spirit. There are no rules about buffs, do whatever you feel is honorable. Same with consumable items, although I will tell you in advance that I will not be using any myself. You may equip any items you can get your hands on. Fights will end when one party dies or conceeds the contest.

The first of these events will be today, on the bridge from North Karana to South Karana from roughly 2pm-4pm eastern.

kgallowaypa
05-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Cheers Lancelot, here come the raid geared neckbeards

Pokesan
05-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Anyone selling a conflag wand?

xKoopa
05-13-2016, 01:50 PM
Brb getting a new ivy hoop and such

Honor is for the dead

Folly
05-13-2016, 01:53 PM
SMEBDY KILL THIS FCKER

Expediency
05-13-2016, 02:04 PM
This event has now started.

Expediency
05-13-2016, 02:07 PM
Brb getting a new ivy hoop and such

Honor is for the dead

Players in this world are generally timid and weak when it comes to fighting each other. You're no different. I do not have an epic and I will not be blowing my hard earned pp on consumable or clickable items. Winning or Losing is of secondary importance to me. Come and test your might if you can peel yourself away from the tracking window

Expediency
05-13-2016, 02:08 PM
SMEBDY KILL THIS FCKER

Scared to do it yourself? Im waiting

Folly
05-13-2016, 02:12 PM
Scared to do it yourself? Im waiting

lol see, i can tell the type of player you are tho. mr cocky. mr officer of azure guard. mr. gotta have a graphic signature labeling my title.
azure guard bad guild name.

i only wrote "SMEBDY KILL THIS FCKER" cuz i thought it's a funy reaction ppl cud laff at

furthermore, im not even on blue. and i have't even reached lvl 20.

id rather this was on a pvp server and people could kill you over and over cuz i really dislike arrogant people.

Expediency
05-13-2016, 02:20 PM
lol see, i can tell the type of player you are tho. mr cocky. mr officer of azure guard. mr. gotta have a graphic signature labeling my title.

i only wrote "SMEBDY KILL THIS FCKER" cuz i thought it's a funy reaction ppl cud laff at

id rather this was on a pvp server and people could kill you over and over cuz i really dislike arrogant people.

You're taking this mighty seriously for someone who plays on a server with less than 100 people. Nobody runs events there so I understand if its a foreign concept to you.

Massively
Multiplayer
Role
Playing
Game

leftharted
05-13-2016, 02:29 PM

Whew. kinda backing yourself into a corner there, ehh?? ;)

I mean, you did call him a "FCKER' first... then he challenges you, (IE rehashing his thread that you posted on in the first place) and you got all "well your pants are blue and dumb!" on him..

id totally come fight if I had a 58+.. I applaud O.P. for finding an entertaining way to kill time... and I look forward to attending/hosting such an event when im able; and equally as bored!

Expediency
05-13-2016, 02:32 PM
I am now 0-1. Congrats Grelwin!

GreldorEQ
05-13-2016, 02:33 PM
I would not suffer a Wood Elf.

One haughty Druid dead.

Cheers : )

Folly
05-13-2016, 02:36 PM
no he thought i was scared. nor am i taking this seriously. this just keeps proving how you people on forums and your drama you're the ones taking it seriously. like i can judge him so fast by the fact hes one of those players with graphic signature labeling themselves. hes an ego player. i also only just started playing btw, so the diminished population on red really doesnt bother me yet. you're definitely misunderstanding why i wrote 'SMEBDY KILL THIS FCKER' becuz i thought it was a hilarious post to this challenge thread.
i chose red cuz blue has to many people currently. why not stop being a pve wuss and switch to red and make the server better? thats something i am serious about. i appreciate a good pvp server.

cmon be honest with urself lancelot, ur an egotistical attention seeker. and i aint even met you and i know that.

Folly
05-13-2016, 02:37 PM
I would not suffer a Wood Elf.

One haughty Druid dead.

Cheers : )

yea FKC THAT GUY :p

xKoopa
05-13-2016, 02:38 PM
^you seem to be taking it pretty seriously

OP made a post to have some fun in game and ur typing essays about how hes too serious

Expediency
05-13-2016, 02:39 PM
no he thought i was scared. nor am i taking this seriously. this just keeps proving how you people on forums and your drama you're the ones taking it seriously. like i can judge him so fast by the fact hes one of those players with graphic signature labeling themselves. hes an ego player. i also only just started playing btw, so the diminished population on red really doesnt bother me yet. you're definitely misunderstanding why i wrote 'SMEBDY KILL THIS FCKER' becuz i thought it was a hilarious post to this challenge thread.
i chose red cuz blue has to many people currently. why not stop being a pve wuss and switch to red and make the server better? thats something i am serious about. i appreciate a good pvp server.

cmon be honest with urself lancelot, ur an egotistical attention seeker. and i aint even met you and i know that.

Troll game is weak. I'll be waiting at the bridge as soon as I recover from the beatdown grelwin gave me.

Folly
05-13-2016, 02:40 PM
not trollin stop playing blue and go red
(cliche person thinks anyone saying something new is a troll)

leftharted
05-13-2016, 02:40 PM

Kinda sorta reads like you're taking it much more serious than Everyone else.... JSYK... ;)

do you actually Know this guy, considering you have stated you play on the Other server?? or are you seriously 100% decided on your judgment of OP strictly from his Signature?

that's hardcore.

Expediency
05-13-2016, 03:45 PM
You have 20 minutes left before today's passage of arms has closed. No challenger will be turned down.

maskedmelon
05-13-2016, 03:49 PM
not trollin stop playing blue and go red
(cliche person thinks anyone saying something new is a troll)

You are a troll. I commend you for ensnaring several of our FQers.

xKoopa
05-13-2016, 03:54 PM
You have 20 minutes left before today's passage of arms has closed. No challenger will be turned down.

I'll try to make the next one (just got off work)

More likely I'll just be too lazy to log in though

Spyder73
05-13-2016, 04:14 PM
The fist of the Wu'Tang would crush you easily

Expediency
05-13-2016, 04:16 PM
This event is now closed. Only Grelwin of <Omni> would accept my challenge. Appropriate level characters from <BDA> <Clue> and <Dial a port> all passed through my vicinity without fighting or sending a champion to represent them. See you next week.

serjiazazel
05-13-2016, 04:18 PM
See you next week then.

Expediency
05-13-2016, 04:20 PM
The fist of the Wu'Tang would crush you easily

Expediency catch the blast of a hype verse
My spells burst, you leave in a hearse, I've done worse

Sorn
05-13-2016, 04:54 PM
Ooo, I missed everything

Landylil
05-13-2016, 05:18 PM

Why does a 15 year old play p99? Also, Expediency is the shit.

Crawdad
05-13-2016, 05:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuDwUnhwPAk

Folly
05-13-2016, 06:07 PM
im actually 13 so thank you for a higher age man. cmon people can you not see he is an attention whore?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcRS5eUpwk

Pokesan
05-13-2016, 06:53 PM
it would be funny if OP lost every fight

please raiders

Jaleth
05-13-2016, 06:58 PM
im actually 13 so thank you for a higher age man. cmon people can you not see he is an attention whore?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcRS5eUpwk

Honestly all I saw was someone wanting to put a fantastic fun challenge to other players in a role playing capacity. If I were a higher level, I would accept this just for the role playing aspect and the enjoyment of someone actually taking the time to offer this to others, even though I do not like pvp or dueling...mostly because I am a coward ;).

I wish more player run events or activities like this were common. Kudos to you Expediency!