PDA

View Full Version : The brief recounting of a wondrous classic moment

Old Prexus
05-15-2016, 02:04 PM
This happened when i was in about 5th or 6th grade and i'm 28 years old now.
Me and my two older brothers STILL bring this up when we are together and we talk about games.

This was back when we all lived with my mom and my oldest brother Asher had a computer in his room and there were two computers in the main room and the living room. My oldest brother worked at Albertsons and saved up and bought two copies of original Everquest for 50$ each. My older brother Aaron had an account and so we would all play Everquest after school and we each had a few RL friends from school that played as well.

I was playing one day in Freeport and there was a high level druid spouting off, in true druid fashion, about how he could take on anyone in the zone at the Arena. He was being more or less a total dick in the /ooc chat and taking on all comers. Me and my brothers decided to meet up and group and try to take him down.

Asher played as a monk named Krail Mcbean, Aaron was an Enchanter named Encantro and i was a Rogue named Avendale ( it was Deputty Niepo until a GM made me change it).

The druid was in the middle of the arena, i had snuck in and was up against the arena wall waiting, Aaron was invisible on the opposite side hugging the wall as well. Asher told him on /ooc that he would challenge him in mortal combat 1v1.

We were all shouting the game plan from our computers across the house. Asher dropped down in and was instantly rooted by the druid and he started casting a nuke as i went up behind him and started doing what i could on him. I was the lowest level out of all of them. Aaron starting doing all his enchanter voodoo on him and long story short, we had whittled and rooted him down to the point that all he could do was heal himself over and over again until we finally killed him. It was done.

Not a single screenshot, druid name recollection or anything at all remains of that day except that memory we and that dark souled druid share. A stamp of eternal bondage branded onto our very souls for perpetuity while hopelessly we march on, trying to outdo that noble feat. I imagine he works at a seafood packing plant by now, i'm sure one day he'll make Lead.

Pico
05-15-2016, 02:23 PM
im gay

JackFlash
05-15-2016, 02:39 PM
im gay

Asking for a vacation? Story was OK.

Cecily
05-15-2016, 03:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IfNzbxI.gif