PDA

View Full Version : Item transfer- Recommendations?

Etaria
05-18-2016, 09:46 PM
Edit: Thank you to Thulack rocking -logging in and transferring for me. (If anyone else in same predicament, I can vouch for Thulack!)

What do you do for an item xfer?

Last night at 3 am I sold my fungi off my main, but silly me, I should have traded the one on my mule rather than the one on my main, but that is what you get after a long walk in the angry orchard.

So anyway, I do not know the people in the commons tunnel well. It is difficult to find someone you trust who is on at the same time and not in some zone. I know there is a guild you can pay for ports and such- dial a port. Is there any such thing for item xfers?

I need to get the fungi off my mule now and put it on my main and really can't do anything until i have done so. Any suggestions?

Thulack
05-18-2016, 09:48 PM
I can help you if you need it and are online now.

Etaria
05-18-2016, 09:49 PM
I can be and would really appreciate it! Which char would you be on? I can log my mule on letara

Thulack
05-18-2016, 09:50 PM
Sent ya a PM.

Cecily
05-18-2016, 10:06 PM
Basically, make friends and make them help you. Otherwise ask level 60 members of prominent guilds. In the unlikely circumstance they rip you off, petition them and name and shame mercilessly on RnF. That's thankfully a rare occurrence.

Daywolf
05-18-2016, 10:25 PM
Basically, make friends and make them help you. Otherwise ask level 60 members of prominent guilds. In the unlikely circumstance they rip you off, petition them and name and shame mercilessly on RnF. That's thankfully a rare occurrence.
I think it was considered a scam to offer or accept a transfer and swipe the goods.

Cecily
05-18-2016, 10:27 PM
Which is why you petition.

Lammy
05-18-2016, 10:30 PM
I think scamming items and plat in punishable by the GM. I'd be more worried about accepting transfers.

Lojik
05-18-2016, 10:53 PM
If I'm on I'm willing to do transfers. People who use me have a 57% satisfaction rate!

Expediency
05-18-2016, 10:55 PM
I can be and would really appreciate it! Which char would you be on? I can log my mule on letara

Asking for someone to help you randomly is the best way I can think of to get scammed. Go to EC tunnel and pick a level 60 from a well known guild. This basically guarantees any transfer under 20k or so will be safe, nobody wants to get banned and lose their rep for that money. If you're going to transfer a very rare or expensive item, be extra careful and try to find someone very established on the server. The more they have to lose, the less likely they are to jack your items. Never let an unknown level one mule handle anything you cant afford to lose.

Tankdan
05-18-2016, 11:02 PM
I think it was considered a scam to offer or accept a transfer and swipe the goods.

Legal in classic, entirely allowed. I was a victim of this and the GM+Guide told me it was allowed, lost a Tola robe and 2k back in the day. They told me all trades are final lol.

Hroth
05-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Ground swapping has always worked for me. I've drop transferred my fungi probably 20+ times now in addition to plenty of other items in the 1-10k range. I've yet to lose anything.

Find a secluded spot, /camp, drop a bag at 5 seconds, log into other character the is camped out at the same location, pick up bag and be on my way.

My characters are all on the same account, and there is maybe 20 seconds the item is sitting there while switching over.

Daywolf
05-19-2016, 12:33 AM
Legal in classic, entirely allowed. I was a victim of this and the GM+Guide told me it was allowed, lost a Tola robe and 2k back in the day. They told me all trades are final lol.
Speaking of here.

And yes, helping to transfer ill-gotten goods is also serious, even if you don't know you are.

98% satisfaction here, someone asked me to swap some newbie gear for them and didn't mention coins too (I was preoccupied at the time to look close). He was like derrr derrr argh oweeee *point* *point* waaah! I don't usually transfer coin, only newbie gear, or drop off crafted gear after payment from mains and deliveries to alts. Not a good server to play scam games on, best off logging into EVE for that stuff ;) Bonus room!

Thulack
05-19-2016, 12:37 AM
I took care of her guys dont worry :)

RDawg816
05-19-2016, 03:21 AM
I took care of her guys dont worry :)
You dog you. ;)

Troxx
05-19-2016, 07:05 AM
Ground swapping has always worked for me. I've drop transferred my fungi probably 20+ times now in addition to plenty of other items in the 1-10k range. I've yet to lose anything.

Find a secluded spot, /camp, drop a bag at 5 seconds, log into other character the is camped out at the same location, pick up bag and be on my way.

My characters are all on the same account, and there is maybe 20 seconds the item is sitting there while switching over.

Counting all the ground xfers I've done (including fungi swap) I've probably left a few hundred thousand on the ground.

The risk is low if you're smart about where and how.

Evia
05-20-2016, 02:51 PM
Counting all the ground xfers I've done (including fungi swap) I've probably left a few hundred thousand on the ground.

The risk is low if you're smart about where and how.

I used to be just like this until I crashed once on a ground drop transfer and lost all the items. Thankfully it was only 10kish~ worth of stuff instead of like a fungi + but either way it prompted me to stop trusting in the ol' ground drop method.

xKoopa
05-20-2016, 03:08 PM
Yea drop transfers arent risky because of ppl grabbin ur stuff, its cuz if ur internet or something delays you by a couple mins u just lost everything

Spyder73
05-20-2016, 03:12 PM
I will usually look for a level 60 in an end game guild and ask them - have never had a bad experience and I have transferred some pretty high end gear.

Guildie is always the best option though, join a guild

Thulack
05-20-2016, 03:30 PM
If i was feeling lucky and no one around i wanted to bother for a xfer i would find a troll or ogre that was sitting above the tunnel and afk(would send them a few tells to see if they responded). I would then drop my stuff behind them on the hill and switch over to other toons. Never did it with anything worth more then 5k but never lost a item in the dozen or so times i did it either.

Jotei
05-20-2016, 03:39 PM
If i was feeling lucky and no one around i wanted to bother for a xfer i would find a troll or ogre that was sitting above the tunnel and afk(would send them a few tells to see if they responded). I would then drop my stuff behind them on the hill and switch over to other toons. Never did it with anything worth more then 5k but never lost a item in the dozen or so times i did it either.

What if it slips under them? O.o;

Crawdad
05-20-2016, 04:20 PM
Edit: Thank you to Thulack rocking -logging in and transferring for me. (If anyone else in same predicament, I can vouch for Thulack!)

Thulack's one of the most well respected people on the forums/in-game, though I haven't seen Bongs on in I don't know how long.

I usually ground transfer items, or bug someone in Dial-A-Port for help if its a 10k+ item. Plenty of spots to use in EC/WC for ground transfer with near 0 reason to fret. If anyone's ever in a bind and sees this feel free to bug me too, Apologetic or Viskovitz in-game.

Sorn
05-20-2016, 04:27 PM

More importantly, what if they fart?

You'd never get the smell out of your stuff!

Joyelle
05-20-2016, 04:54 PM
I still tell people to "meet at Bongs" and they know exactly where it is :p

p.s. Thulack - wudder!

Thulack
05-20-2016, 05:00 PM

I was prepared to go digging :P

Thulack
05-20-2016, 05:02 PM
Thulack's one of the most well respected people on the forums/in-game, though I haven't seen Bongs on in I don't know how long.

I usually ground transfer items, or bug someone in Dial-A-Port for help if its a 10k+ item. Plenty of spots to use in EC/WC for ground transfer with near 0 reason to fret. If anyone's ever in a bind and sees this feel free to bug me too, Apologetic or Viskovitz in-game. awww you making me blush :) Yeah its been almost 2 years since i stopped playing. Ive logged on a few times(help people with transfers,make sure my accounts werent hacked, get SS keys for all my toons, etc) but i dont really have any plans of coming back and playing. Raid scene isnt for me here anymore.

I still tell people to "meet at Bongs" and they know exactly where it is :p

p.s. Thulack - wudder!

Miss you Halliel :) I moved so i actually get to park next to my house like a normal person you would be proud :P

Tpar
05-20-2016, 05:10 PM
As was mentioned above, if you don't know anyone and need to transfer, I would generally find an officer or high level person of one of the better known and established guilds, and ask them to help. Most of the time they will. If I'm available, I am usually willing to help with transfers. The toons I am on most often are listed in my signature.