PDA

View Full Version : Cleric and enchanter duo...I've heard things..

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
05-19-2016, 01:42 PM
Heard this duo is elite. What's the strategy behind the duo? What makes it such a great duo?

kgallowaypa
05-19-2016, 01:45 PM
In Howling stones for example, an enchanter can have a pet healed by the cleric and since you are grouped with another person, you do not need to beat your pet for XP because it now counts as group XP. Healing is the bane of all enchanters and charming. We do not have an immediate way to heal ourselves unless you have a clicky like reaper of the dead or skyfire sword.

As an added bonus, you do not need to break your charmed pet which leaves you a lot of mana on both ends as a cleric can CH the pet and just sit an relax. Since both classes can root, you can maximize effectiveness by either letting the pet get close to 20 pct, recharming and going from pet to pet with no heals, or just using one pet with haste and pet toys and destroy the zone.

A Shaman/Druid with a chanter is great because of the snares and ability to heal, but the CH offered by the clerics is hands-down the fastest way to killing at least in HS and any other dungeon where charm works in unison with the cleric's mana.

Second best is a Necro and a Cleric where you both can charm and the xp is maddening, but corpse retrieval's can be expensive due to an Essence emerald charge.

kjs86z
05-19-2016, 02:20 PM
Simply put: C-healing a charmed pet that has close to 6k HP while doing respectable damage with haste and weapon procs is the most efficient way to duo in this game.

Tewaz
05-19-2016, 02:24 PM
Enchanter can charm a pet that tanks like a warrior and DPS like a monk. Cleric heals it and profit.

Spyder73
05-19-2016, 02:26 PM
Its all about exploiting out of whack charm damage. Charm pets on P99 put out damage simply not possible by a player....they also have huge HP pools...the result is charm pets are OP and when you can slow/CH...well it only gets even more out of hand

Raev
05-19-2016, 02:30 PM
Enchanter can charm a pet that tanks better than a warrior and DPS better than a monk. Cleric heals it and profit.
Warriors don't have 10K+ HP and Monks don't do 150+ DPS. Of course they don't periodically try to kill you either.

But fortunately, Clerics are the best at keeping the Enchanter alive during charm breaks (+1100 HP, stun on the pet, fast/efficient heals).

And finally Enchanters can break most Kunark camps pretty well with Lull or just AE mez.

kgallowaypa
05-19-2016, 02:39 PM
Alternatively, if you duo with me, you know im notorious for giving my pets low ratio 2hs, a torch, and wonderous rapidity. Nothing like a quading pet at 70% haste ^^

Spyder73
05-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Necro/Shaman is the power duo

Tewaz
05-19-2016, 02:44 PM
Everything Raev says is true. And the fact that you have a mob that can quad for 150+ hasted running at you will bring a new level of intensity to the game for you.

Daldaen
05-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Soloing with a 150 quadding 66% hasted pet also makes you clench really tight on breaks.

One stun resist or stun interrupt typically spells a bad day for you though.

kgallowaypa
05-19-2016, 03:15 PM
Soloing with a 150 quadding 66% hasted pet also makes you clench really tight on breaks.

One stun resist or stun interrupt typically spells a bad day for you though.

I only do my trick when im blasted drunk. it is fun as hell but you need to be super lucky you can land the color flux off and then the skew to mesmerize and reset the charm break. Also its not a quad every hit just a higher chance of it. But there are a lot of Trio's with that and rarely just 2 attacks.

Biggest issue with uber hasting a charmed pet is that you can get stun locked out of a cast, this I why you NEED rune V. Normally a mob gets their secondary attack every 6-8 seconds which is usually an interrupt bash over half the time. Increase the haste to 70% and now that same mob gets their secondary every 2.5-3 seconds which is cutting it close if your low resist stun casts at 2.5 seconds

leftharted
05-19-2016, 03:59 PM
Plus, a good cleric using smart Stun's is great for a charm break. better than root.

Tewaz
05-19-2016, 04:39 PM
Try the combo on red for even more fun!

Cleric can keep the pet perma rooted, so no fear of stun resists!

Ando
05-19-2016, 05:03 PM
Try the combo on red for even more fun!

Cleric can keep the pet perma rooted, so no fear of stun resists!

This right here is amazing. The ability on Red to root your duo partner's charmed mob is huge. However, AE stun can also stun the cleric, but not if he has any sort of respectable MR.

Raev
05-19-2016, 05:15 PM
Or you can duel each other on blue. It's a good strategy, but if you are charming something that will frequently resist stun your day probably won't end well regardless.

iruinedyourday
05-19-2016, 05:17 PM
Heard this duo is elite. What's the strategy behind the duo? What makes it such a great duo?

My reasons:

- Cleric does CH on pet, pet lasts forever so you can weaponise it and not worry about annoying pet swapping etc
- Cleric can buff enchanter so he wont get melted by his weaponized pet so easily
- Cleric should have pet targeted at all times so he can stun pet breaks easily to prevent chanter from being melted
- Cleric can rez enchanter after he gets melted anyway

Tewaz
05-19-2016, 05:20 PM
The other way this duo can rock: Enchanter solos like normal with Cleric buffs to make him not die as easily. Cleric groups and sits in safe place nearby for exp. Comes around the corner on occasion to rez dead Enchanter.

Spyder73
05-19-2016, 05:30 PM
The other way this duo can rock: Enchanter solos like normal with Cleric buffs to make him not die as easily. Cleric groups and sits in safe place nearby for exp. Comes around the corner on occasion to rez dead Enchanter.

This just sounds like a super lazy Cleric lol

Nuggie
05-19-2016, 10:10 PM
As a necro, my best exp was with another necro.

Charm a stationary mob. So when it gets low on health you can take it back to its spawn point, fd, give it 45 seconds to heal, charm again, and pillage more. With two necro's doing this the exp flows fast. Necro's can heal themselves, mezz during charm breaks, root. Lots of tricks up a necro's sleeves where the undead are charmable.

Edit - that being said, my best exp on my cleric was with an enchanter charming those silly OP rogue pets. If you root the mob and time things right the cleric can step in right before a backstabbing is supposed to land and most of the time not take melee damage before you get out of melee range again.

iruinedyourday
05-20-2016, 03:03 AM
This just sounds like a super lazy Cleric lol

yea but still accurately efficient heh

virulentthemonstaire
05-20-2016, 04:21 AM
i personally like duo'ing with a torp sham over a cleric any day. reason being...a sham can malo pet for longer charm as it stacks with tash. another thing a sham can do that a cleric can't is they can dex buff the pet( dex + focus of spirit) for more proc chances which is essential for charmed pets as we give our pets proc items.

they can also slow the mob so the enchanter doesn't have to and can utilize mana pool for other things instead like rune/bedlam/cripple/asphyxiate/rebuffing etc. sham heals aren't bad when they got canni 4 and can torpor/chloroblast.

-Lunatick Asylum, 60th Dark Elf Enchanter Extraordinaire

p.s. i'm surprised no one has mentioned these key points yet on why sham/ench is so strong like i just did...maybe everyone in this thread is just awful. yea, probably.

fugazi
05-20-2016, 05:11 AM
Yes, at 60, with torpor. A cle/ench is good at all levels regardless of gear and rare spells. Also, the cleric ensures the enchanter has a big HP pool for when things go down shit creek.

Pyrion
05-20-2016, 05:21 AM
Cleric is the best healer for chanter. I would put druid second best and not shaman. Reason: snare. A snared pet is a safe pet. If you snare whenever the pet gets recharmed you probably do not need rez.

Disadvantage: The druid can not heal the pet as good, so cleric is still better.

Troxx
05-20-2016, 05:48 AM
Druid over shaman? No way.

Shaman slow is just insane - to the point you can toss a regen on the malo' pet and basically not have to heal it at all.

RDawg816
05-20-2016, 06:23 AM
Druid over shaman? No way.

Shaman slow is just insane - to the point you can toss a regen on the malo' pet and basically not have to heal it at all.
A shaman can keep the pet alive easily enough, yes. He was saying druid over shaman to keep the enchanter alive (with snaring the pet.)

Personally I've never had issues keeping an enchanter alive. We might not have the best hp buffs (since talisman doesn't stack with shielding), but we have regen, sow if it's outdoors, malo (as mentioned) and unlike most clerics, we're usually paying attention.

To be a cleric, most alt tab or watch Netflix. To be a shaman, you are too busy for that usually. Canni, buffs, slow, root, etc.... I always have the enchanter or his pet targeted when I'm not actively doing something so I'm ready for a charm break.