PDA

View Full Version : A way ahead

Alcures
05-21-2016, 07:16 AM
So Luclin: The point in time at which I hated something about EQ. The graphics. Its menial but, hey, there it is. That and the port stones, even though I used them.

Is the server officially done progressing at Velious?

To the point: Can Luclin be a more classic expansion if you remove things like the port stones and the merchants that sell everything that you should have to get in your home city(Paineel)?????

So I'm a newb. I'm assuming there are a myriad of issues with that expansion other than those listed that ruin immersion and the "classic" experience.

But what's next.

What about custom content? Or adding a metric shit tone of quests in the game world?

Any of this feasible or is it flawed to the core?

V/r

Necromag

Izmael
05-21-2016, 08:11 AM
No

Swish
05-21-2016, 08:20 AM
No Luclin but some custom added content perhaps... is the official line.

wipeitclean2016.gif is the call from the masses ;)

NarcolepticLTD
05-21-2016, 09:46 AM
wipe it clean

port stones (unless you're referring to the nexus spires, one on each continent) are PoP, not luclin though.

if you want content past velious takp is going to PoP eventually. velious due in a few months.

myriverse
05-21-2016, 03:04 PM
Cats on the moon!

Daywolf
05-21-2016, 05:03 PM
I'll take how to kill an active server for 200

http://i.imgur.com/OflZXMR.jpg

Wiff
05-21-2016, 05:15 PM
No Luclin but some custom added content perhaps... is the official line.

Why not add Luclin as custom content? From what I've seen, the frustrations with the expansion are not over its content but its features. All you'd have to do is trim the fat and what you'd be left is basically an extension of the classic experience.

- Leave AAs and mounts locked, and maybe Vah Shir, Beastlords, and focus effects as well if preferred.
- Shut down the Bazaar. Trying to zone in just gives an error message.
- Remove all Nexus ports except maybe the one to and from North Karana spires so that there's at least one "boat" alternative for travel.
- Scale down loot, ZEM, and mob difficulty so that it's more in line with older content with the obvious exception being high end raids so that there's a path of progression beyond NToV. Quest components for items such as Amulet of the Grey Wastes can be made rarer to prevent disruption of the market for effect items and bags.

Swish
05-21-2016, 06:35 PM
Why not add Luclin as custom content? From what I've seen, the frustrations with the expansion are not over its content but its features. All you'd have to do is trim the fat and what you'd be left is basically an extension of the classic experience.

- Leave AAs and mounts locked, and maybe Vah Shir, Beastlords, and focus effects as well if preferred.
- Shut down the Bazaar. Trying to zone in just gives an error message.
- Remove all Nexus ports except maybe the one to and from North Karana spires so that there's at least one "boat" alternative for travel.
- Scale down loot, ZEM, and mob difficulty so that it's more in line with older content with the obvious exception being high end raids so that there's a path of progression beyond NToV. Quest components for items such as Amulet of the Grey Wastes can be made rarer to prevent disruption of the market for effect items and bags.

I'm open to anything at this point :p

alphys
05-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Just add AA's and make p99 recycle within the next two years please

Tupakk
05-21-2016, 07:41 PM
See I think adding the bazaar was a great thing. I personally hate going to EC to buy or sell. I generally farm or ask someone to scooping something up if they see something I need. The stuff I farm either gets handed to new players or to someone that sells stuff for me. The bazaar was great you could post up a toon at the end of the day with items and wake up to plat in the morning.

I think Luclin added with the basics is a good idea though. It opens up new zones, extra quests, trade skills, and this list goes on.

What I wouldn't want to see is stuff like the EZserver where items are stacked with super stats and is completely custom with no EQ feel to it at all.

But it is a guessing game at this point, unless Nilbog wants to expand a little bit on what he means by custom content and the direction of the server at the end of the year as we are slowly creeping to the end of Velious.

Kaight
05-21-2016, 08:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Jcp5htp.gif

Swish
05-21-2016, 08:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Jcp5htp.gif

I can see it now...

http://i.imgur.com/LshQyLO.gif

Tupakk
05-21-2016, 08:42 PM
Bahahahahahahha looking straight like a sitting like a sack of potatoes

Kaight
05-21-2016, 09:27 PM
Hey now, Cat Kayyte is pretty hot. Definitely above potato quality. Potatoes au catin at least.

.....Sorry. I'm so sorry.

Tupakk
05-21-2016, 09:28 PM
You just made me laugh so hard the audience heard me lol.

Alcures
05-30-2016, 07:00 PM
The last thing I'd like to see happen is to take the people out of the mix(two boxing, bazaar etc) I was referring more to the features and content that luclin + had that could be added but not take away from the intent of the server and its community.

If custom content is being talked about then maybe add quests in less traveled places like Kerra Isle to bring that to life on the server.

I'm interested to see what's being brewed up regarding custom content.

Nuggie
05-30-2016, 07:03 PM
Not on nilbog's watch.

Naethyn
05-30-2016, 07:12 PM
All software projects change grow. The idea that some guideline set by the founders over half a decade ago is somehow an argument to prevent this project from moving forward is just silly.
Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward.
Did anyone notice the "an onward" portion of the p99 description, because we aren't even on a 1999 timeline anymore. It is something like 2001 and some of the developers have shelved this project and are working on a completely different server for p2002.

It is time to reevaluate p99's timeline and it should look to keep moving forward (slowly).