PDA

View Full Version : Improve melee skills

maxlaurent
05-22-2016, 05:54 AM
Hey I need to improve 1hand slash. Will it be faster if i train on dark blue mobs or it will be the same with green mobs? Thanks!

TheStinkyTuna
05-22-2016, 11:01 AM
I'd say practicing on green mobs that you have just recently out-leveled (green mobs that still give xp) is probably what you'd be good to skill-up on. You won't be able to skill-up on mobs that don't give xp I believe.

Blue mobs might skill you up faster though, if anyone knows better than I they'll probably be able to chime in with the proper info.

Doctor Jeff
05-22-2016, 11:06 AM
What you want to do is get someone to help you start a red mob fleeing, then have that same person snare the red mob.
You skill up much faster on a red mob than a light blue one, and the mob won't go anywhere or die because you hit it for nothing and it's snared fleeing.

Cecily
05-22-2016, 11:25 AM
Anything that gives you exp will work, but im fairly sure higher cons train more quickly. What you should do is get a fast, not necessarily good weapon and uhh "help" exp groups out of party. It's better than using something you're not trained with in a group.

elwing
05-23-2016, 02:11 AM
actually, by luck I chanced upon a ring war in GD... spend some time hitting red giants there for a while, I maxed all the melee skill that just needed a one level train, and got over 50 2hand blunt skill point. as I had left this skill behind for too long... definitely a great way to get skill (and faction too...).
to get skill point in melee skill you can only use mob that gives exp. green won't ever get you a melee skill point, including the defensive and more general skills (it work for casting skills trough). usually, to train skill points (when not finding a raid I can give a hand to, lol), I'm just using light blue mobs or waiting till the mob run to switch to the weapon I want to train. if your secondary skill weapon are not too bad you can just use them while you level, but here I only got a few of the weapon that are worthwhile (still using a PGT at 33 to train 1hs... I definitely don't want to exp with that). regarding mob level, it's hard to say if it's subjective, I feel I get more skillpoints from higher level mobs, but fight lasts longer too... hard to say

Tethler
05-23-2016, 02:17 AM
I just recently work up my monks h2h skill that was about 100 points behind. Find a group killing mobs in your level range and just ask to hit their mobs for skillups. No need to worry about pulling or chasing anything and the group is generally happy to get some free damage.