PDA

View Full Version : Bonus EXP

Rogean
05-26-2016, 01:55 PM
Hey all.

We'd like to start turning on Bonus EXP more often for occasions such as holidays.

So, to start this off, we have turned on a 25% EXP Bonus from now until the end Memorial Day.

Enjoy!

Baler
05-26-2016, 02:03 PM
WOW awesome!

Thank you P99 staff and volunteers!!

Sorn
05-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Even p99 staff wants me to get my druid to 60. Well, I'm not having it! 58 forever! Let my copy of PotG rot in the back for all eternity!

(58 druid LFG this evening)

Swish
05-26-2016, 02:21 PM
pras, try it on red <3

QFuzzle
05-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Hurray! Thank you. ^^

I think it's smart you chose an amount like 25%. Good starting point (rather than a sharp 100% boost). And the thought of having it more often is sweet, too.

Kaight
05-26-2016, 02:44 PM
:D

Tupakk
05-26-2016, 02:48 PM
I see you PotatoeBeard. Now I know why you were on so early this morning.

Jotei
05-26-2016, 02:50 PM
May the tranquil bosom of our lady Quellious press peace upon our benevolent High Lord, His Excellency, Rogean of the Box.

Bless you, Sir.

Bonus experience is something I've striven to share with the fine adventurers of Karnor's Castle, the lost City of Mist and Faydwer before.

kgallowaypa
05-26-2016, 02:54 PM
PRAS!!!!!!!!

dinnerrollofdoom
05-26-2016, 03:32 PM
Thank you very much for this boss!

Sorry to piggy back off of this topic, but I was wondering if Discord is still being considered?

I know you are a busy man and do this all on your time, but was just curious if it was still being worked on

kgallowaypa
05-26-2016, 03:58 PM
Thank you very much for this boss!

Sorry to piggy back off of this topic, but I was wondering if Discord is still being considered?

I know you are a busy man and do this all on your time, but was just curious if it was still being worked on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnkQk_bWXpA

dinnerrollofdoom
05-26-2016, 03:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnkQk_bWXpA

not clicking, assuming rick roll

kgallowaypa
05-26-2016, 03:59 PM
no clicking, assuming rick roll

Let the curiosity sap your spirit, but no its not

dinnerrollofdoom
05-26-2016, 04:07 PM
Let the curiosity sap your spirit, but no its not

I stand corrected. and props that made me laugh lol

maxlaurent
05-26-2016, 04:20 PM
nice

Rararboker
05-26-2016, 04:27 PM
4 day weekend just got a lot better. Wooooo!

kgallowaypa
05-26-2016, 05:03 PM
4 day weekend just got a lot better. Wooooo!

That's a double edged sword my friend, iirc double xp weekend was like 50ppl in KC and CoM all vying for a spot.

Sirban
05-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Looks like rogean does exist

xKoopa
05-26-2016, 06:02 PM
That's a double edged sword my friend, iirc double xp weekend was like 50ppl in KC and CoM all vying for a spot.

That just means you can get groups together to go to the hole and other cool places

wisenhemier
05-26-2016, 06:11 PM
SCHWING!

KAELZ
05-26-2016, 06:34 PM
I plan to go to The Hole a lot this weekend.

gildor
05-26-2016, 07:54 PM
I plan to go to The Hole a lot this weekend.

Me too, but not in everquest..lol

...obligatory joke :(

Droobie
05-26-2016, 08:11 PM
yayyyy

Uuruk
05-26-2016, 08:34 PM
Hey all.

We'd like to start turning on Bonus EXP more often for occasions such as holidays.

So, to start this off, we have turned on a 25% EXP Bonus from now until the end Memorial Day.

Enjoy!

Woot. Does this bonus apply to discord server as well?

Edit:

Will it apply to discord sever when released

georgie
05-26-2016, 09:11 PM
Woot. Does this bonus apply to discord server as well?

Edit:

Will it apply to discord sever when released

it'll be discussed a week prior to release on the next podcast

Daywolf
05-26-2016, 10:30 PM
May the odds be ever in your favor!

Cecily
05-26-2016, 10:54 PM
I'm done leveling forever, I think. But this is pretty awesome for those of us who aren't! Thank you for this.

mrchrysm
05-26-2016, 11:04 PM
Awesome! I can't get in :/

Daywolf
05-26-2016, 11:13 PM
Awesome! I can't get in :/
hah! yeah unknown error. Must have blown a hole in the sky already :rolleyes:

Zaejii
05-26-2016, 11:26 PM
Thanks you guys. Just hope I can play enough (and find some groups) to make it worthwhile.

Currupt
05-26-2016, 11:28 PM
Can anyone else even log into the game right now? Have been getting the unknown error for at least the last 20 minutes.

Baler
05-26-2016, 11:31 PM
If you're having difficulty with everquest or connecting please post it in the appropriate forum section. There are already several threads with people discussing this. Be sure to search before you create a new thread too.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Laugher
05-26-2016, 11:35 PM
Pras

ShadowRWolf
05-27-2016, 04:37 PM
Looks like I chose the right time to come back

Matthalas Winterheart
05-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Thank you Rogean and staff. Hope you all have an enjoyable, safe weekend.

rbosse
05-27-2016, 08:03 PM
Radical! :D

Xanderfield
05-27-2016, 09:47 PM
Appreciate all the good hard work you guys put into this server, thanks very much!

meppin
05-28-2016, 03:54 PM
thanks, rogean!

b_rob242
05-29-2016, 12:35 AM
Nice! Thanks gang!

snwbrdr642
05-29-2016, 01:18 PM
is this classic?

really though, i actually want to know.

bubur
05-30-2016, 12:27 AM
I am having such above average positive experiences with my elf friends. Thx u

chef guru
05-30-2016, 12:31 PM
Just keep it going :). Minus some random experiences, this has been by far the most fun weekend on p1999 for me. Granted i've only been playing for less than a year.

stealthbeast
05-30-2016, 07:00 PM
I hate to sound greedy, dismissive, or unthankful, (rather, I'd like to seem realistic and pragmatic), but am I the only one here brutally underwhelmed at the concept of a 25% exp boost?

A 25% exp boost really isn't going to change my playing behavior in any way whatsoever. Unlike 2x+ exp boosts and the like, if I had something trivial IRL I wanted to get done that day I'm not even going to begin to think of canceling it over something that does little more than just barely cancel out my race penalty... Which especially seems relevant during memorial day weekend when people have shit to do.

It's just too trivial. A 25% exp boost? Who cares? Would anyone outside of those running PLs even notice that sort of change if the boost was there and we weren't told about it?

Yeah... I'm not missing out on anything here, so I'm just gonna go back out to my barbecue grill and grab a beer now...

Priceline
05-30-2016, 07:10 PM
I am greedy, dismissive, and unthankful

ftfy

kevjax
05-30-2016, 07:43 PM
I hate to sound greedy, dismissive, or unthankful, (rather, I'd like to seem realistic and pragmatic), but am I the only one here brutally underwhelmed at the concept of a 25% exp boost?

A 25% exp boost really isn't going to change my playing behavior in any way whatsoever. Unlike 2x+ exp boosts and the like, if I had something trivial IRL I wanted to get done that day I'm not even going to begin to think of canceling it over something that does little more than just barely cancel out my race penalty... Which especially seems relevant during memorial day weekend when people have shit to do.

It's just too trivial. A 25% exp boost? Who cares? Would anyone outside of those running PLs even notice that sort of change if the boost was there and we weren't told about it?

Yeah... I'm not missing out on anything here, so I'm just gonna go back out to my barbecue grill and grab a beer now...

yeah i agree with you they should have it in a tier system so that people between certain levels gain different amounts of bonus exp

Ennewi
05-30-2016, 08:09 PM

A beer that has a brutally underwhelming % of alcohol. 4% alc boost? Who cares? It's just too trivial. C'mon, you'd have to drink a good 5 or 6 to just barely get a little buzz going.

stealthbeast
05-30-2016, 08:29 PM
ftfy

I mean, would you care to elaborate? It's just that everyone here seems to be unmindingly creaming their pants and it feels like I have got to be saying something that tons of other people are feeling as well. I'm not trying to be deconstructive over here.

I acknowledge that a 25% multiplication-based boost is going to be duly appreciated by quite a lot of people who were currently amidst the grind, but if the motivation is to get a seriously meaningful, measurable boost to the amount of people online and maybe encourage people to get back into their characters during specific holiday times, is this really the best way to do it? Am I just completely one of a kind here for thinking, "Oh, a 25% exp boost. Yeah. I'm not going to adapt my weekend to it at all; In terms of how it will affect my decisions in playing, it may as well not even be there."? It makes me kind of feel like, "Meh. It's not a huge boost and there'll probably be another one in a few weeks, so what am I missing anyway?"

I guess I'm making an argument for bigger exp boosts at less frequent intervals, rather than weaker exp boosts more often. If we're going to throw a tiny boost at people every federal holiday/every other federal holiday/whatever then why not just get to the point and add a flat exp boost to the servers? Of course that's a rhetorical question: Obviously a flat rate boost goes against the fundamental philosophy of P99... But by having less frequent boosts that are more potent, it will make more people go, "Oh snap. I mean, I wasn't really gonna go on tonight but what the heck, I'd love to take advantage of this opportunity; I'd be seriously missing out if I didn't go on."

This gets people on, and it gets people to remind their friends to get on. It gets players having a "falling out" with P99 back into things, bringing duos, groups, and even parts of guilds back together. It gets someone's old crew to come together at once to play the game as a unit again, and go, "Haha! Man... We haven't gotten back together in awhile, I remember why I loved doing this with you guys. We should do this more often." It gets people excited again about their alts that they otherwise might ignore: "Aw man, I remember now why I made a druid alt. I'll probably work on gearing this char and get him up even after the bonus passes". It boosts zones that we may have sort of "forgotten about" partially as a community by momentarily spiking the population in zones that would otherwise go unoccupied, reminding us of some of the lesser used opportunities in EQ.

I feel it's a smart way to provide a boost to the longevity of this extremely niche community.

Lojik
05-30-2016, 08:51 PM
Dude you're talking about a population that will poop sock for 40 hours a week for months on end to boost their hp by 3%, and you think a 25% XP bonus means shit? Think you best find the game that suits you, ain't this server.

Priceline
05-30-2016, 09:02 PM

You're being giving something for free, aside from the already free service p99 provides, and you're actually bitching that it's not enough.

I can't even

Mortiis
05-30-2016, 10:15 PM
You're being giving something for free, aside from the already free service p99 provides, and you're actually bitching that it's not enough.

I can't even

This.

Thank you Devs.

LordArgos
05-30-2016, 10:28 PM
Everyone's opinions vary from the different postings I've read in regards to the bonus xp weekend...as for myself, I want to say thank you to the managers of p99 for this weekend. I hadn't been on EQ for long,may be a year if that, but in my time here periodically playing I can't recall a bonus xp weekend. So again, thanks to those who made it possible. I've got a 41 warrior, a 22 wizard, a 21 necromancer, a 18 rogue,and a 7 iksar monk...and all of them express their gratitude for the 25% bonus xp. Now if in the past the bonus xp was higher in multiplication, hey I missed it, but I aint complaining about it either because with or without a bonus xp weekend this game is fun to me...

stealthbeast
05-30-2016, 11:00 PM

I can't even

I'm not "bitching that it's not enough" and you know that. It's dishonest as fuck for you to put it that way.

_____
I'm postulating that the purpose of an exp boost event is probably to serve the purpose of stimulating the population in the short term, presumably for some sort of a lasting positive effect, and (assuming that this is true), suggesting that a more effective method might be to do the same thing but in a different way.

I'm not at all suggesting that 'I should be given more free stuff' as it were.

Let's say they implement a 25% bonus weekend 12 times a year (or 2 times or 50 times. I know 12 is a big number. It's just for the sake of example.) I'm suggesting that it would be more effective at its seeming goal if instead of a 25% bonus 12 times, they instead ran a 100% bonus 3 times. This equates to the same technical amount of opportunity; It's not asking for more stuff.

Imagine if instead of doing this current event, they did a 40 day 2.5% exp bonus event. Despite that being technically the same opportunity as this current event (4 days, 25% exp bonus), the 2.5% event would probably be less effective at having a positive impact on the community... One might suggest that a 4 day 25% exp bonus event would be better, and I doubt that that person would immediately be accused of bitching that the 40 day event is "not enough", or told to go find a different game, or other nonconstructive stuff. What would probably happen is a discussion about what the best type of way might be to implementing exp bonus events in the interest in helping the community.

I'm not asking for anything more than given. At all. And it's fucking disgusting that any of you would suggest that I have anything but the most earnest gratitude to the pioneers of this project simply for harshly criticizing the way they went about doing a thing.

Pokesan
05-31-2016, 12:15 AM
125% is much better than 200% for precisely the reason you bitch - player behavior. Last exp bonus before this was 200% and everyone became a huge dickhead. This weekend was way better.

TKoji
05-31-2016, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the xp bonus! Got some grouping in this weekend and got to see CoM which I haven't seen for at least ten years.

Rogean
05-31-2016, 04:16 AM
EXP Rates are now back to normal.

isoka
05-31-2016, 04:19 AM
Thanks Rogean, hope you had a great Memorial Day

dinnerrollofdoom
05-31-2016, 09:22 AM

I can't even

kgallowaypa
05-31-2016, 10:26 AM

Was fun! Thank you for this, glad to see the promotion to get old school ppl back and help the ones still at home this weekend, once again PRAS!

Shan99
05-31-2016, 11:11 AM
I'm new to the server, hadn't played real EQ in years. Though playtime was limited the bonus xp was much appreciated by my 10 druid and 6 bard! Thanks!

Shanatar
Desteny

ShadowRWolf
05-31-2016, 03:14 PM

Thanks for the fun weekend first time back in the game in 13 years and had a blast made a 8 enchanter and a 10 SK I am amazed at how helpful this comunity is free buffs all day long and the dial a port guys make life easy.

Fryhole
06-01-2016, 10:18 AM
This was a good boost, much appreciated. I like this better than the larger bonuses. I had someone pop into a camp I was frequenting, but we just grouped together.

dafier
06-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Thanks Rogean! I missed out but it's cool that you doing this.

maskedmelon
06-06-2016, 03:24 PM
I feel like there's not enough bitching in this thread :/ All I can say is that I had a good time and appreciate the bonus xp ^^. I'll keep looking though to see if I can find something to be pissed about and be back to share if something comes to mind.

Shift
06-06-2016, 08:32 PM
how about like mother's day, teacher's duty day and father's day is that considered apart of celebrating as a holiday? do these follow the lines of xp bonuses? i am asking because i am curious so we know to mark it down if that indeed apart of the holiday's.

Robbintha Hood
06-07-2016, 12:03 AM
how about like mother's day, teacher's duty day and father's day is that considered apart of celebrating as a holiday? do these follow the lines of xp bonuses? i am asking because i am curious so we know to mark it down if that indeed apart of the holiday's.

No. No. Good day.

Tann
06-09-2016, 01:02 AM

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Jun 10 Friday Kamehameha Day observed State holiday Hawaii
Jun 11 Saturday Kamehameha Day State holiday Hawaii
Jun 12 Sunday Shavuot Jewish holiday
Jun 14 Tuesday U.S. Army Birthday Observance
Jun 14 Tuesday Flag Day Observance
Jun 17 Friday Bunker Hill Day State holiday Massachusetts
Jun 19 Sunday Father's Day Observance
Jun 19 Sunday Juneteenth Local observance All except Am. Samoa, AZ, HI, MD, MP, MT, ND, NH, SD, TX, UT, Virg. Is.
Jun 19 Sunday Emancipation Day State holiday Texas
Jun 20 Monday June Solstice Season
Jun 20 Monday West Virginia Day State holiday West Virginia
Jun 20 Monday American Eagle Day Observance

maskedmelon
06-09-2016, 09:26 AM
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Jun 10 Friday Kamehameha Day observed State holiday Hawaii
Jun 11 Saturday Kamehameha Day State holiday Hawaii
Jun 12 Sunday Shavuot Jewish holiday
Jun 14 Tuesday U.S. Army Birthday Observance
Jun 14 Tuesday Flag Day Observance
Jun 17 Friday Bunker Hill Day State holiday Massachusetts
Jun 19 Sunday Father's Day Observance
Jun 19 Sunday Juneteenth Local observance All except Am. Samoa, AZ, HI, MD, MP, MT, ND, NH, SD, TX, UT, Virg. Is.
Jun 19 Sunday Emancipation Day State holiday Texas
Jun 20 Monday June Solstice Season
Jun 20 Monday West Virginia Day State holiday West Virginia
Jun 20 Monday American Eagle Day Observance

Oh my gosh!

LethClaypool
06-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Father's Day would be nice.

Dad passed in December and I'll be recovering from a vasectomy.

I say double xp out of pity for me.

Zykium
06-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your Dad and your nards.

This man deserves his xp.

Subidoo
06-10-2016, 08:38 PM
Well Fathers day is a holiday, hmmmmmm.

Guum11
06-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Best post on the forums in a while! That last boost of XP was so helpful for server growth. Thanks for taking the time to do that for us! We really really appreciate it!

Crashking
06-28-2016, 06:06 PM
Hey all.

Enjoy!

Well Memorial Day XP was nice, and I have seen bonus XP threads over in server chat. The real question I guess is what defines a holiday that would have potential XP bonus activated.

EQBallzz
06-28-2016, 08:44 PM
Yes please. I have a long weekend for the holiday. Bonus XP please! :)

derpcake
06-29-2016, 07:16 AM
27 online on r99 atm.

Amontillado
06-30-2016, 03:07 AM
Happy Independence Day!

dafier
06-30-2016, 01:10 PM
Isn't Independence Day in Canada tomorrow?

BCFinn
06-30-2016, 03:25 PM
We call it Canada Day

tarsakh22
06-30-2016, 10:22 PM
bonus xp for 4th of july weekend too? rumors saying it's on, but nothing official posted yet.

Mylron
06-30-2016, 10:25 PM
Hey all.

Enjoy!

Any word on this being official for this weekend (4th of July weekend?)

DaveJS
07-01-2016, 12:00 AM
*hoping for an EXP Bonus for all the Independences this weekend*

Kirban
07-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Yes, Please.

Subidoo
07-01-2016, 01:01 PM
25% Bonus till July 5th.Woot!

Crashking
07-01-2016, 03:51 PM
Well Memorial Day XP was nice, and I have seen bonus XP threads over in server chat. The real question I guess is what defines a holiday that would have potential XP bonus activated.

It appears a national celebration does qualify ... go Independence Day.

Rogean
07-06-2016, 07:31 AM
XP Bonus is now off.

Baler
07-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Thank you for verifying that it is off.

Excited for the next holiday now! :)

Tkon
07-06-2016, 08:32 AM
That was a great exp.

Hogie
07-08-2016, 12:59 AM
As someone who started up basically right after this bonus exp... is there plans to do this more often that a couple times a year? Can I expect to see another one any time soon?

Tankdan
07-08-2016, 01:27 AM
As someone who started up basically right after this bonus exp... is there plans to do this more often that a couple times a year? Can I expect to see another one any time soon?

It's about the journey. Most of us never got exp bonuses. As for your question it usually only happens 2-3 times per year at most, so do not count on it.

syztem
07-08-2016, 05:10 AM
exp bonus was insanez on red, 1%+ a kill at 55+ anywhere you went basically.

Hogie
07-08-2016, 09:23 AM
It's about the journey. Most of us never got exp bonuses. As for your question it usually only happens 2-3 times per year at most, so do not count on it.

Yeah I know and Love Everquest for what it is, but as a 31 year old who started played EQ shortly after release when I was only about 8 years old..... the grind is much different at this age ;). Not only am I not looking for hand outs, I truely want to earn the gear, but the levels..... the hours on end sitting at the same orc camp doing the same thing for weekends... weeks.... months.....

Vheran
07-08-2016, 10:06 AM
your math, mate. lol. you might have been a little older. i was 8 when it first came out and i'm only 25

It's a little daunting at times. i was level 30 for 2 months just because real life as an adult does that. But if you can get into a sweet group by constantly trying to get in one that is just knocking it down, you not only get the experience a little faster than normal, but you can meet some cool people that are probably just as casual. Like it was mentioned man, try not to think of the end game, just have fun. Most of the 60's i know are characters that are 1, 2+ years old just having fun.

Hogie
07-08-2016, 10:18 AM
your math, mate. lol. you might have been a little older. i was 8 when it first came out and i'm only 25

It's a little daunting at times. i was level 30 for 2 months just because real life as an adult does that. But if you can get into a sweet group by constantly trying to get in one that is just knocking it down, you not only get the experience a little faster than normal, but you can meet some cool people that are probably just as casual. Like it was mentioned man, try not to think of the end game, just have fun. Most of the 60's i know are characters that are 1, 2+ years old just having fun.

ROFL Yeah my math wtf! I looked at the Wiki and could have sworn it said released in 1993... eiiiiither way lol.

Maciver
07-28-2016, 05:59 PM
I would just like to say, I hope you guys throw in some random ones. I'm a butcher, i work a lot more every holiday. I had 64 hours memorial day week. :(