PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Necromancers for a moment.

Sillyturtle
05-28-2016, 12:00 PM
From older threads, a lot of value was put on Circlet of Shadow. Sometimes so much it was the first item they told the person to buy. Now however, it no longer drops and is worth about 15k.

My question is thus: How much of an improvement to my quality of life as a new Necromancer would the CIrclet of Shadow be? Is it enough that I should farm on my level 40 Necro to get the plat to buy one before starting him?

Kowalski
05-28-2016, 12:07 PM
No

Baler
05-28-2016, 12:47 PM
from what people told me it's nice to have as a necromancer.
Can you do without it? Yes. Is it nice to have if you have the extra coin? Yes.

No one has ever said to be a necromancer you must have that item. I've never heard that.
(not saying you said that, just saying)

You should focus on hitting 60 with him honestly. Then you can twitch in any raid. :)
Plus by that point you'll probably have accumulated enough plat to buy it if you wanted. Instead of spending time farming at mid level.

NegaStoat
05-28-2016, 01:43 PM
when I've watched P1999 videos of necros doing some crazy solo work in dangerous dungeons, I see the circlet get used on the initial breaks of packed rooms a LOT. Aside from that it's a convenience item. I think if I used my necromancer for intensely dangerous dungeon situations I'd want one for sure. Aside from that situation, Jboots + Kromzek telescope for outdoor / indoor gem resetting is all I really need.

If you're set on getting one while the price can still be lowered through bargaining, farm plat while leveling for one for sure. At 40 butcherblock dorfs are splendid with the vendor at the druid rings being used to sell. Buy or get some cheap Cha gear to swap in (crude stein, cat eye bracers) to get your Cha up to where you can sell the bronze 2 handed axe for 4pp - that way you can buy/sell axes to the vendor to reduce your silver/gold weight into plat. At 44 a wide range of guards with fine steel weapons open up to be farmed with your beefy pet. Continue killing, selling, and saving. Another helpful tip would be hunting down a high level mage and paying them for 4-6 10 slot summoned bags and corpse them on a level 1 alt between farming sessions. Making the 11-15k pp for a circlet between level 40-50 would be a breeze with those.

silo32
05-28-2016, 08:00 PM
pre nerf cos is pricelss on a sk/necro

INSTANT INVIS

stand up from FD instant invis

running through VP spam invis, never breaks, if a mob cant see through invis its invaluable and worth more than 15k

15k is a steal right now in 2 years its gonna be worth manastone lvls in value

its legendary

I own a few

Raev
05-28-2016, 08:05 PM
From older threads, a lot of value was put on Circlet of Shadow. Sometimes so much it was the first item they told the person to buy. Now however, it no longer drops and is worth about 15k.

My question is thus: How much of an improvement to my quality of life as a new Necromancer would the CIrclet of Shadow be? Is it enough that I should farm on my level 40 Necro to get the plat to buy one before starting him?

I guess you wanted to reroll iksar? I don't think there is any rush; there are so many circlets on the server and only so many Necromancers and SKs. If you get back to 40 on your new necromancer you can worry about buying one.

DMN
05-28-2016, 08:53 PM
No way in hell anyone is buying a circlet for 15k that isn't a moron/too rich and nothing to spend it on. If it was stealth nerfed or something and no one had farmed a ton it, it would be a different story. But apparently the circlet was massively farmed. And a server is only going to have a finite amount of SKs and necros that are actually being actively played.

Tewaz
05-29-2016, 12:31 AM
DO NOT BUY AT 15K IT IS NOT WORTH IT AT ALL

Sillyturtle
05-29-2016, 12:42 AM
So the consensus seems to be that it's a great addition for a Necro and enables certain types of gameplay, but that it's not worth what people are asking.

Well, maybe I'll get lucky and find someone selling it for cheaper. I've got 4k in the bank and I'm trying to kil HIll giants in Rathe mountains. They drop great coin, but it's a teeny bit slow since they're still pretty strong. And then there's the fact high level monks in fungi tunics come along and farm for cash too, lol.

I guess we'll see how it goes.

Skinned
05-31-2016, 12:00 AM
If you want to be a great necro, you should have it.

I'm using it constantly, when charming, or for resetting the universal spell timer.

Sodors Finest Poster
05-31-2016, 09:12 AM
The 15k asking prices are owners speculating due to the nerf.

The price has not had time enough (apparently) on this server to go back to equilibrium. Wait awhile longer and the prices should go back down to 5-6 or 7k. There are far too many on the server to warrant a 15k price. Maybe several years from now when accounts holding this item go dormant but not now.

Nixtar
05-31-2016, 09:40 AM
14+ sales the last 24h...
1 of 14 selling for 10k.
1 CoS Sold.

Appears everyone had this super unique idea of hoarding it. Price probably will go down as there seem to be next to no demand for it. Ain't like on live, y'know... 5 years of kunark saw to that.

I wouldn't pay more than maybe 8k for one now.

Tuljin
05-31-2016, 10:19 AM
Don't let the EC fat cats price fix. Wait for it to go down a bit, you'll get by.

Sillyturtle
05-31-2016, 11:03 AM
I picked one up for 8k. I'm happy with that. :)

Just finished buying all the rest of the necro gear. I'll get Jboots myself at 36 or so.

Literally heading out to Cabilis to give them to my Iksar Necro now!

Tewaz
05-31-2016, 11:11 AM
The question is how many of the prenerf vs. post nerf CoS are there? I doubt there are 3 post nerf CoS on the market.

I would guess that there are easily 1000 prenerfs just chilling in peoples banks for the sale to happen.

The idea of it being worth 15k is based on low supply with high demand. Right now there is super high supply and low demand.

Sillyturtle
05-31-2016, 11:16 AM
Some idiots are demanding 25k. They have no shame trying to fleece people.

Vibe
05-31-2016, 06:04 PM
Um let's put it like this... The people saying it isn't worth it obviously don't know the true value of it. /laughs , watch what it will cost in 2 to 3 years. Its one of those items you'll slap yourself about later on when the price is ridiculous. Do you need one to play a necro or SK? No, but its uber to have. I haven't played in a few years but I made sure I farmed a few of them, my main sk definitely loves his.

Vibe
05-31-2016, 06:08 PM
On live, a few years after they were nerfed , I do recall them being held up by a manastone and tbh they are more useful lol

DMN
05-31-2016, 07:58 PM
it's nothing but a nicety item. You can break your own charms with a host of cheap spells. "perma invis" is perhaps th dumbest thing to be concerned about. Necros have both invis types, fear, gates, harmshield, FD.

Generally in groups its better to break charm with FD so you escape the massive charm aggro anyway. And since FD so often fails to clear aggro since the FD nerf looong ago, even the FD-> invis with circlet is of very limited pulling usefulness. Pretty risky to try it solo and then getting a face full of bashes and attacks because hate wasn't wiped and in group you have a buttload of far safer ways to split camps and you dont need it as a crutch.

Additionally, it was easily farmable item. You could farm a bunch in very little time, hence the market is saturated. Things only go up in value as they leave the actual market. So, yes, over the years the circlet will climb in price. But right now it shouldn't be that much higher than pre nerf.

A lot of the peeps in here farmed it and are trying artificially raise the price. Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't touch it all at inflated prices, and remember a lot of the peeps posting here are the ones trying to offload their farmed circlets

beel
06-01-2016, 05:56 AM
Disclaimer: I'm not in the market for selling or buying a CoS.

Saying it isn't worth what it's trading at is practically rejecting one of the most fundamental pillars/theories of economics.

DMN
06-01-2016, 08:07 AM
LOL. it's not trading though. Unless you wanna count fake sales.

Vexenu
06-01-2016, 10:29 AM
While the CoS at 15k is grossly inflated, let's not pretend it isn't a great item that every Necro should have. It is game changing. For example, FDing at a mob's feet and invising right as you stand up to avoid agro. That's simply not possible without a pre-nerf CoS. And obviously extremely useful for charming, dungeon crawling and just general quality of life. The only clicky item for Necros I would rate ahead of the CoS is the VP Soul Well staff. CoS is more useful and powerful for Necros than everything else, including JBoots, Staff of Dreaded Gaze, Holgresh elder beads and Epic. It's really that good.

And no, I don't have any pre-nerf CoS for sale. Just being objective.

Tuljin
06-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Nobody is debating the fact that CoS is an excellent item.

The issue is the supply is high and the demand is lukewarm. Its plainly price gouging and speculation by EC fat cats.

Another issue is is that the idiot EC traders are setting a price too high for their market. Pretty much anybody who has a Necro or SK alt (or 4th alt) already has the item. A new player cannot afford 25k for any single item, unless they RMT.

Add another dimension - there are ~less~ Necros and SKs being rolled than previously due to evolution of what is referred to as "the raid scene" and how "the raid scene" says that Necros and SKs are of limited "raid" use. All of the veteran FTE/poopsock allstars with SKs have no need for a CoS, and any nub to the server who wants a shot at stardom rolls a Monk. This lowers the demand even further.

Yes, CoS is "priceless." Another true statement? CoS is not worth 25k. Why? Because nobody is willing to pay that much. Rocket science? Hardly.

justin2090
06-01-2016, 04:37 PM
CoS is a great item. Just remember this great item was 1k not too long ago and in fact most of them rotted in Droga because they're lore. Great item though.

Gumbo
06-01-2016, 04:52 PM
I have a Necro and I don't have a CoS. I would like one and I may buy one in the near future if I can find it cheap enough and I have the extra platinum to spend.

I did see the CoS selling before the nerf for 1.5-3K so I couldn't see myself buying one for no more than 7K.

Nixtar
06-01-2016, 05:34 PM
While the CoS at 15k is grossly inflated, let's not pretend it isn't a great item that every Necro should have. It is game changing. For example, FDing at a mob's feet and invising right as you stand up to avoid agro. That's simply not possible without a pre-nerf CoS. And obviously extremely useful for charming, dungeon crawling and just general quality of life. The only clicky item for Necros I would rate ahead of the CoS is the VP Soul Well staff. CoS is more useful and powerful for Necros than everything else, including JBoots, Staff of Dreaded Gaze, Holgresh elder beads and Epic. It's really that good.

And no, I don't have any pre-nerf CoS for sale. Just being objective.

It has been ruthlessly farmed for 5 years. It isn't this coveted legendary item on P99 as it used to be on live.

When you see 14+ people trying to sell it within 24 hours it isn't exactly rare. Sometimes it dips down to 10k and, lo and behold, that's when you see an actual sale. That's what I sold it for and it took me three bloody weeks. This item, most definitely is NOT in high demand.

polishanarchy
06-01-2016, 08:40 PM
CoS is a great item, it was the first thing I saved up for and bought on my necro (first character). I would wait for the price to drop though. There are tons of these things on the server.

hammy01
06-02-2016, 08:57 AM
It's a great item, don't let anyone tell you otherwise (especially if decide to go a mostly charming route for exp). However, I wouldn't break your neck trying to save up for it as your #1 priority as a new necro on the server.

I strongly suspect there are more CoS's on the server than there are even potential necromancer or SK players. Give it a bit of time and the price will find its ceiling. I'm assuming (and I could be wrong) that it'll be more comparable to Ornate Velium Pendant. The moment that changed people thought they'd get 50k for it, but it's comfortably found a happy spot in the 12-15k range and has been stable for months now. I imagine CoS will be the same, unlike say elder beads or other removed items which keep creeping up and up.

Supply and demand works fine here... but P1999 is not an efficient market - so it takes some time.

Izmael
06-13-2016, 12:58 PM
Get it now, thank me later.

Izmael
06-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Also don't forget that Manastones have been farmed to death here but yet they are 200k+ now and they aren't even all that useful. Usefulness-wise they are trash compared to the CoS.

I don't have any extra CoS's to sell but there's not the slightest doubt for me that this item is going to skyrocket in price in a not-to-distant future. It doesn't drop, some accounts who hoarded dozens of them will get banned, others will retire.

DMN
06-14-2016, 01:52 PM
Bunch of shills in this thread. No one is buying them for 12-15k.

7k? ya, some will bite.

12K? maybe in a year.

The manastone analogy is the pinnacle of stupidity. Manastones adds entirely new functionality to classes like druids and clerics. I even used one often on my troll SK with his fungi BP.

Izmael
06-16-2016, 03:24 PM
Holy shit man, I'm starting to like you.