PDA

View Full Version : Foxplay's Next 60

Foxplay
05-31-2016, 07:50 AM
My druid is nearing level 60, and while enjoyed the class a lot more than I thought I would I still feel there's more EQ I can experience by trying different things, while I still intend to one day actually watch Verina to finish my ENC epic and gear out my druid at 60 I thought id do a little poll for just for fun

While the poll wont ultimately decide what I choose for my next char to level to 60 I may take it into consideration. Keep having fun Norrath

Monk, Enchanter, Druid - are not on the poll because I already have them leveled (Druid soon to be 60)

Landael
05-31-2016, 08:05 AM
Paladin with the added challange of RPing undead slayer/vampire hunter etc the whole way ;)

Trungep99
05-31-2016, 08:25 AM
Do an SK, they are like a paladin , but evil >=) hehe

Sodors Finest Poster
05-31-2016, 08:57 AM
Get all classes to level 60 so you can park them everywhere during raid windows.

It's the P99 way!

azeth
05-31-2016, 09:55 AM
So you have:

1. Monk
2. Druid
3. Enc

To me that means you need one of

- Tank (why not a Knight unless you can get raid loot on a warrior)
- Cleric
- DPS

Since you already have classes you can farm with/work your way into a farm group with, I'd go with DPS.

Your answer is: Rogue.

Swish
05-31-2016, 10:14 AM
Azeth is right, and rogues are fun... MaskQuest is too.

azeth
05-31-2016, 10:23 AM
Also the SK epic isn't that hard now with golems dropping Soul Leech. SK is a good choice too!

Sorn
05-31-2016, 12:52 PM
I voted necro because you already have that one, but I would love to see ranger, warrior (without twinkage, good luck), and maybe paladin/SK.

I wouldn't want to see cleric because I know you'd complain the whole time you were sitting around, and then your cleric would end up rotting forever at level 10-something with only evocation skill raised because you don't want to group and be a heal bot. :P

(Although I bet cleric would be more fun if I rolled a ranger to play with you, because we can fear-kite everything!)

Baler
05-31-2016, 01:35 PM
do a tank class. You've done the puller/melee, Monk. you've done the spell caster, Ench. You've done the priest/buffer, druid.

my Vote is SK followed by Warrior then paladin.

Trungep99
05-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Also the SK epic isn't that hard now with golems dropping Soul Leech. SK is a good choice too!

i still yet to get my soul leach =(. Sure i have ToV weapons, but im an SK without an epic; it is like a piece of my soul is missing lol

Sage Truthbearer
05-31-2016, 02:37 PM
You already have a priest class, an int caster, and a melee dps. Anything besides a Paladin would be a redundancy.

Swish
05-31-2016, 02:42 PM
You already have a priest class, an int caster, and a melee dps. Anything besides a Paladin would be a redundancy.

I'd rather be a battle cleric.

cdawgz28
05-31-2016, 02:54 PM
SK or bust

azeth
05-31-2016, 02:56 PM
Bard is a pretty amazing utility class too. I personally would never roll one, but thats a useful class.

JurisDictum
05-31-2016, 03:29 PM
Id say Paladin. You should have a tank with that many characters -- and knights are the generally the better way to go if you don't plan on undertaking a guild project (Warrior). Paladins are better than SKs in classic IMO. They have more useful raid utility and they are better at everything but pulling for the most part.

Trungep99
05-31-2016, 03:54 PM
Id say Paladin. You should have a tank with that many characters -- and knights are the generally the better way to go if you don't plan on undertaking a guild project (Warrior). Paladins are better than SKs in classic IMO. They have more useful raid utility and they are better at everything but pulling for the most part.

Sounds like another paladin's lies. SK's know many dark arts that allow them surpass a paladin in many ways.
SK spells cause higher agro to allow you to hold threat better.
SK's can pull better for raids with feign death which was the only truth given.
SK's offer 2 debuffs that do land on raid targets after tash and malo are applied. (the negative atk and ac debuff)
They life tap for self heals.
They offer slightly higher dps because they have a few dmg spells that do land on raid targets like boil blood & sex appeal of skeleton pet!
only thing a paladin can offer is a few spare heals to others , which in return will prevent them from hurting their raid target; while SK life taps do additional damage in return for the heal.

Cecily
05-31-2016, 03:55 PM
SK spells are balanced for necromancers and just kinda bad.

Valura
05-31-2016, 05:01 PM
Magician if soloing. SK or warrior if grouping

Foxplay
05-31-2016, 07:28 PM
Interesting thoughts so far, would like to hear more feedback =3

fugazi
06-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Paladin. Erudite. All points into charisma. Two-handed only. Praise Prexus!

Tuljin
06-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Paladins are better than SKs in classic IMO. They have more useful raid utility and they are better at everything but pulling for the most part.

No debating SK is a great puller with FD but they have no means of calming, root pulling, or mitigating caster threat. They also don't have DA (granted it takes a lonnnng time before Paladins get all their awesome tools)

SK has some specific areas where they can pull "better" than a Paladin such as in "raid" situations with trainoffs. Other than this, a Paladin with levels and CHA is nothing to fuck with and an SK isn't exactly a "better" puller as much as a "more easily accessible to nubs" puller with niche "raid" utility.

I do agree that Paladins are awesome, however the hivemind believes that Paladins cant pull and everybody who has never played a paladin believes that there is no reason for a Paladin to calm. They are horribly mistaken.

Trungep99
06-01-2016, 03:11 PM
No debating SK is a great puller with FD but they have no means of calming, root pulling, or mitigating caster threat. They also don't have DA (granted it takes a lonnnng time before Paladins get all their awesome tools)

It is true calm is great for all classes that can use for pulling and i encourage people to not forget about this wonderful spell. Yes paladins can pull with calm, but to defend the greatness of an SK here is my response.

I)*SK's can cast calm undead.* ^_^

II) SK's feign pulling is more useful for single pulling than calm. because Calm can fail and no way to clear all the agro other than root/ camp. SK's can always solo pull mobs that can be snared. No calm necessary, Just follow these easy seteps:
1) snare the single target you want & run it to the kill spot
2) hit feign,
3 ) hit hide (clears your agro from adds).
4 ) stand up and the solo mob can be taged alone with rest of agro cleared.

III)SK's can mitigate caster threat with bash / slam & fears (when appropriate).

IV) As far as DA goes, i am waiting for them to put Harm shield on this server for SK's, hopefully it will happen at some point. But there is always a shiny brass idol for raid pulling.

Swish
06-01-2016, 03:16 PM
If you don't have a dollar store store enchanter you can pull multiples and put them to work :p

koros
06-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Necro. But be one of the good ones. The ones who CC, dps, and heal in groups. They're one of the most powerful/versatile group classes if played correctly.

Foxplay
06-01-2016, 09:05 PM
So much paladin love, how strange that nobody on this server actually plays paladin

Swish
06-01-2016, 09:28 PM
So much paladin love, how strange that nobody on this server actually plays paladin

"shut up and buff me" - the server to the paladins

Sorn
06-01-2016, 10:45 PM

Liar, you know there's one bona fide pally on p99!

He's the dorf with the flaming sword and full dwarven cultural armor who shows up in EC from time to time :P

Swish
06-01-2016, 10:47 PM
Is that the same one who bans boxers? A true crusade for justice.

Sorn
06-01-2016, 10:53 PM
No, not that one. An actual player.

Speedi
06-01-2016, 10:59 PM

I have a paladin, and he is a beast! Does really good dps as well. And your take 10 min to kill a green con is such an exaggeration.

Nixtar
06-02-2016, 06:52 AM
Ranger. The true test of any EQ player.

It also plays different from any other class and, honestly, the only class left which will bring you a fresh experience(as I'm sure you've ended up tanking a fair share on your monk). Hell, take the Archer's vow. It is fun.

Paladin is also an interesting choice due to being so group dependent. The upside is that you're awesome in a group. A well played Paladin will almost always be in perfect control(and you might dig the different take on CC and heals considering you played a priest and chanter).