PDA

View Full Version : How can an Iksar turn in bone chips in Kaladim?

Sillyturtle
06-01-2016, 09:39 AM
As I discovered in this thread here http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244438 you are not able to wolf form indoors, and that puts a kink in my plans to hand in bone chips in Kaladim on my new Iksar Necro.

Does anyone have any idea or strategy on how they or someone they know were able to get around this problem and take advantage of the fast xp provided by the Kaladim bone chip quest?

Videri
06-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Necros get Feign Death at 16, but that's too late for good bone chip quest exp.

Is exping on the necro going to take longer than amassing and transferring quest items, sneaking the little lizard into some city, and figuring out a way to turn them in? Maybe you could turn them in there in Cabilis - less exp per turn-in, but much faster and less risky; leaving you time to kill mobs and gain levels.

Swish
06-01-2016, 10:01 AM
You can turn them in outside Cabilis (FoB), but is that worth the xp?

If it's pure faction and you want to move around in Kaladim, kill many many CB orcs... but not at the expense of shitting on level 5s :p

Sillyturtle
06-01-2016, 11:09 AM
Yeah the attraction was that Kaladim has MUCH better XP return, allowing you to go all the way to like 10 or higher. The one at Cabilis gives you 10% at level 1. Very negligible.

Are there any transformation/illusion items that could be used?

eisley
06-01-2016, 11:11 AM
invis trade

group with someone who has invis, you open trade with the npc, friend casts invis on u, you complete trade

repeat

Sillyturtle
06-01-2016, 11:55 AM
invis trade

group with someone who has invis, you open trade with the npc, friend casts invis on u, you complete trade

repeat

Would that not result in insta death on a lowbie character?

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
06-01-2016, 11:59 AM
800 bone chips turned into kaladim took me from lvl 2 to about 25% into 16. Honestly wish I went to lvl 4 or 5 before I started turn in.

eisley
06-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Would that not result in insta death on a lowbie character?

like most things in this game, depends how well you executed it. you can open trades from out of line of sight

Littlestgnome
06-01-2016, 12:13 PM
By the time you've figured out how to do it you could already be at whatever level you think you're going to save time getting to by using the bone chip quest.

Tupakk
06-01-2016, 12:14 PM
like most things in this game, depends how well you executed it. you can open trades from out of line of sight

Hail distractions work well on this toon as he likes to talk.

Hail spam and Invis trade.

Borrowing a bracer of hidden will speed this up.

Jimjam
06-01-2016, 01:25 PM
There is a limit on how much xp you can get per turn in. As such it is important not to hand bone chips in too early. If you wait til level 6 you will probably be getting full xp for the quest.

Before the changes to hybrid xp, it would take approximately 1200 bone chips to level a human ranger from the start of 23 to the start of 24 (the quest gives roughly 7700 xp per four bone chips).

Hopefully this will help guide your decision on when to hand the chips in (and if it is worth it as a 16 iksar)

snergle
06-01-2016, 01:42 PM
all these people offering advice are working hard not smart. get an enc to charm him and bring him to the zone line turn them in. if charm breaks zone he is in a room alone with a merchant its literally walking up and charming. same thing for the cb belt dude.

Videri
06-01-2016, 01:46 PM
/thread

Trungep99
06-01-2016, 02:51 PM
im not sure if boon of garue would change your faction enough to turn in chips.

Sillyturtle
06-01-2016, 02:57 PM
all these people offering advice are working hard not smart. get an enc to charm him and bring him to the zone line turn them in. if charm breaks zone he is in a room alone with a merchant its literally walking up and charming. same thing for the cb belt dude.

You win all the internets. This is genius.

When I try it, I'll be sure to post if it works and stuff.

Lojik
06-01-2016, 03:11 PM

Lol

GinnasP99
06-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Perhaps this

http://wiki.project1999.com/Ball_of_Golem_Clay

would help

eisley
06-01-2016, 03:58 PM

you do not get faction hits for completing quests with a charmed mob.

Swish
06-01-2016, 04:19 PM

/threadforrealthistime

Pep
06-01-2016, 08:08 PM
Pacify and mem-blur. If the NPC is in a spot where other mobs will attack you, just park it someplace safe with root before blurring it.

Just don't wait for paci to last full duration before refreshing it.

Sillyturtle
06-01-2016, 10:08 PM

In this instance the faction is less important than the EXP.

Would I still get XP for completing the hand in?

Thulack
06-01-2016, 10:20 PM
In this instance the faction is less important than the EXP.

Would I still get XP for completing the hand in?

Yep just not faction. Now its /thread

Lojik
06-01-2016, 10:26 PM
LOL...people really don't see the problem with this strat?

Sillyturtle
06-02-2016, 12:15 AM
LOL...people really don't see the problem with this strat?

Instead of just laughing and acting self important, maybe you could state the issue as you see it so the rest of us, especially me since I'm going to try to attempt it, could benefit from your knowledge?

Lojik
06-02-2016, 12:19 AM
Instead of just laughing and acting self important, maybe you could state the issue as you see it so the rest of us, especially me since I'm going to try to attempt it, could benefit from your knowledge?

Questgiver is level 61

Sillyturtle
06-02-2016, 01:06 AM
Questgiver is level 61

Does that mean he can't be charmed? If so, it looks like I'd have to consider osmething else.

That Ball of Golem Clay. Perhaps that illusion would make my faction indifferent. Problem is I don't think it's a very popular item and so I don't think anyone has one.

NarcolepticLTD
06-02-2016, 02:51 AM
You could be level 20 by now... and your skills would be all caught up.

Sillyturtle
06-02-2016, 02:58 AM
You could be level 20 by now... and your skills would be all caught up.

I really wish people would stop saying things like this. I understand where it's coming from and I appreciate the intention behind it (it's trying to motivate me to get out there and do it, etc) but the truth is I would not be, as I have not had time to play at all.

It's easy plugging into the forum while being on the run, it's much harder to find time to actually sit down.

THen there's also the fact that doing things like what I have proposed is INCREDIBLY fun for me. Mechanics like this simply don't exist in other games and finding a way to get around problems like this is the kind of entertainment that I really enjoy.

Littlestgnome
06-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Fair enough.

Whirled
06-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Have a friend give u bags of GLS's since XP is all you want.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Research_Aid

jolanar
06-05-2016, 09:40 AM
It may be doable with sneak, don't think there is any other mobs in the same vicinity except a vendor.

But it's a complete waste of time really.

Swish
06-05-2016, 10:00 AM
doesn't the NPC turn to face you when you hand a quest in?

Lojik
06-05-2016, 10:16 AM

Captain Bvellos didn't, I think it's just if you hail/talk to them (or userbank/vendor)

Thulack
06-05-2016, 10:17 AM

I think its if you hail them they turn to you. If you just hand in they dont turn.

Qtip
06-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Go to blackburrow and park the iksar there. Log to high lvl character and pull every single gnoll in the zone. Pull mobs to where iksar is parked and Ae down every mob. Log to monk and loot every single fang(they stack). Now go to qeynos warrior guild, get illusion wolf and do hand in. It takes 2/3 runs until your around 12.

You can get up to around 18ish before it isnt worth it any longer.