PDA

View Full Version : Question: Loading Game in Windowed Mode

MaSQue
06-05-2016, 03:01 PM
ok so how can I force EQ to load up in windowed mode? I can alt/enter at login screen and it goes to windowed mode, when I click the EQ server (P99) it starts to load and goes straight into full screen and refuses to load in full screen. How can I make it windowed mode and KEEP it windowed mode from the start?

Isn't there a file in the folder I can edit to keep it in windowed mode?

Swish
06-05-2016, 06:10 PM
eqclient.ini

windowedmode=true (or something like that) should be in there

RDawg816
06-05-2016, 06:11 PM
If there is, it would be eqclient.ini

Swish
06-05-2016, 06:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Xvkeajw.png

Then you can set your windowed resolution underneath (mine is basically full screen windowed mode) ^^

MaSQue
06-05-2016, 06:13 PM
eqclient.ini

windowedmode=true (or something like that) should be in there

This is a brand new machine, EMU has never been loading on this machine ..... there is no eqclient in my emu folder yet because I have never logged in on this machine.

MaSQue
06-05-2016, 06:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Xvkeajw.png

Then you can set your windowed resolution underneath (mine is basically full screen windowed mode) ^^

Read my above post and yea I know how to do all that but atm there is no eqclient file because I never logged in on this machine yet. But the above post, I did it AFTER you posted. I tried using WinEQ, it logs me in, goes to server select but when I try to connect to P99 it kicks back to the log in screen every single time. seriously lol wtf? I have done this 1000 times on various machines and it has always worked fine.

If I could just log in ONCE I think I could adjust settings and be fine but I cannot even get into the server for some reason.

Swish
06-05-2016, 06:16 PM
I was trying to attach my eqclient.ini file but the forums don't like it. You can PM me your email address I'll send it across?... probably want to look through what I've set things to and alter some stuff though.

Swish
06-05-2016, 06:18 PM
I think I had this same problem when I installed onto my laptop... and ended up cut/pasting from my PC.

From memory I had an eqclient.ini file but it was really basic and didn't have much in it for options (like windowed mode etc)

MaSQue
06-05-2016, 06:19 PM
I was trying to attach my eqclient.ini file but the forums don't like it. You can PM me your email address I'll send it across?... probably want to look through what I've set things to and alter some stuff though.

sent, I was wondering would a LIVE eqclient file work?
And I am sure the settings are fine cept my reso is 1920x1080

Swish
06-05-2016, 06:21 PM
I've no idea what they changed on the live client since Titanium, worth a shot if this doesn't work lol (sent)

MaSQue
06-05-2016, 06:23 PM
I've no idea what they changed on the live client since Titanium, worth a shot if this doesn't work lol (sent)

thanks pal. I'll be back shortly after trying it

MaSQue
06-05-2016, 06:28 PM

Well, thanks for trying but it still doing the same thing so I got something else going on here. Wierd though. This machine is basically the biggest best on the market and every other game runs perfectly, cept this dinosaur of a game lol go figure.

Swish
06-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Damn, could it be Windows 10 issues?

MaSQue
06-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Damn, could it be Windows 10 issues?

I'm still win7, I refuse to upgrade ;)
I'm wondering if its a resolution conflict since my second monitors resolution goes all screwy when my primary LCD goes black screen when I try to load the EMU.

RDawg816
06-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Make sure your resolution in your client matches your desktop resolution. I had issues when I got a new computer and I ended up copying my client from the old oc and changing resolution to match my new one.

MaSQue
06-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Yep changed all that too, same crap :(

MaSQue
06-05-2016, 08:05 PM
If you are using 2 monitors you have to play in windowed mode(or at least most instances you will have to). I have the same issue if i wanted to play in fullscreen it would just turn my screen black.

this entire thread has been me trying to figure out how to put my game into windowed mode.

Thulack
06-05-2016, 08:16 PM
this entire thread has been me trying to figure out how to put my game into windowed mode.

Lol my bad i just read that post and was thinking other way around since that what happens if i go fullscreen with 2 monitors. If your eq folder is located in program files folder move it out.

MaSQue
06-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Lol my bad i just read that post and was thinking other way around since that what happens if i go fullscreen with 2 monitors. If your eq folder is located in program files folder move it out.

It's located in the same exact place "Program Files (86)" that its been located on all my other machines and worked fine from there. Meh I prolly uninstall and just stay on Live anyways, tired of mucking with this mess.

Thulack
06-05-2016, 09:00 PM
It's located in the same exact place "Program Files (86)" that its been located on all my other machines and worked fine from there. Meh I prolly uninstall and just stay on Live anyways, tired of mucking with this mess.

Well do me and yourself and favor and move it to C:/ and try again. Cause i'm pretty sure that even though you stuck a eqclient ini file in the folder that its still going by the eqclient ini file that is hidden away in appdata folder. Thats why none of the changes you have done affect it.

RDawg816
06-05-2016, 09:01 PM
It's located in the same exact place "Program Files (86)" that its been located on all my other machines and worked fine from there.
Have you tried just moving your entire folder over from the other computer?

MaSQue
06-06-2016, 03:31 PM
Have you tried just moving your entire folder over from the other computer?

I checked last night, the two folders are named different so odds are everythings gonna try to connect with the other laptop since everything in the Laptop folder is named different and such/.

MaSQue
06-25-2016, 01:00 AM
I tried messing with it again since the last time, and I thought I would record everything, maybe someone sees something and knows how to fix. I really wanna play 99 again lol so any help I would be super grateful for https://www.twitch.tv/idleknight/v/74391095