PDA

View Full Version : WTS Brokerage service - I spend time at the EC tunnel for you, so you don't have to.

Brokerage
06-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Greetings, citizens.

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
I'm hereby offering the service of brokering to the P1999 community. I will be your agent at the EC tunnel and do your bidding there, for a small fee. The character name is "Brokerage" and will buy or sell items for you, at your price, for a small fee, mainly during the off-peak hours (I'm GMT-based).

WHY ?
The reasons I'm offering this service are simple. I have very limited available time that I can use to exp or farm loot, just a few hours per week. I do however have extensive time (at work) I can use to sit at the EC tunnel, and periodically auction stuff.

So instead of camping loot and selling it to gear my characters up, I'm going to sell and buy for others, for a small fee - 10% of the transaction price. The fee is negotiable for high end items. For expensive items, it can be lower, maybe even a lot lower.

HOW DOES IT WORK ?
Selling through Brokerage:
Basically, if you want to sell items through me, you hand me the items at the EC tunnel (character name "Brokerage"), and we agree on the selling price or price bracket. As soon as I sell, you come pick your money (minus my fee) up from me at the EC tunnel. You can have your items back before they are sold at any time without questions asked if you change your mind, and you will owe me no fee.

Buying through Brokerage:
If you want to buy something but don't want to spend hours or days at the EC tunnel waiting for it, just hand the money to Brokerage, agree on the price bracket, and I'll do my best to find it for you. If and when I buy the item for you, you will come pick it up along with eventual remaining money (if I buy it for less than your max price) and pay me my fee. If you change your mind, and want your money back before the item is bought, you can have the money back, no questions asked, and you will not owe me any fee.

I will keep detailed per-customer tabs of who gave me what and how much and what for. I'm not taking this lightly and going to do a pro job on keeping tabs.

I'm hoping to create a system that is profitable both to the broker and to the customer. I'll obviously get paid my fee for my work. And you will be able to farm MORE loot instead of being bored at the EC tunnel. I will end up richer, and you will end up richer.

CAN I TRUST YOU ?
The risk for you, the customers, is obvious - it is the risk that I will just take your stuff or money and run away. I have no means to prove my good faith. If I understand correctly, though, the GM's DO investigate fraud complaints and DO revert fraudulent transactions (cf: recent Manastone incident on Red or the money transfer identity theft incident a bit longer ago). I'm confident the GM's will be swift to react and repair any damage, should I turn out to be a crook (which I'm not but you guys have no way to know for sure).

I'd like to add that I have no interest in breaking any P1999 rules. This is not an RMT scheme, and I will only accept in-game platinum as payment for my in-game services. Please do not ever approach me with propositions that would be, even potentially, against the P1999 rules.

I'm confident that after I build some reputation, the trust question will be come a non-issue.

WHAT IF I CHANGE MY MIND ?
If you decide that your items are taking too long to sell or to buy, or you found a customer yourself, or any other reason why you'd like to cancel the brokerage deal we have set up - I will return your money or items to you without asking any questions.

CONTACTING ?
If you're interested in my services, please leave me a PM here, or send a tell in game to Brokerage, the actual in-game character at the EC tunnel. I won't always be on or reply to tells or PMs immediately. Remember, I'm only periodically going to be auctioning stuff off, while I'm at work, which means I'm going to be on mainly 8 am to 4 pm GMT (this would be to 2 am to noon EST, or to 1 am to 9 am PST). If the Brokerage character isn't logged on, feel free to send a PM. The time bracket during which I will respond to PM's is larger than the time bracket during which I will actively auction things off and therefore be logged on on the Brokerage character.

You are welcome to ask questions by replying to this topic or by PM. I will also encourage people who used my services to post their evaluation of my services here.

FAQ SECTION
This section will evolve as I add questions and answers.

Question: What if I ask you to sell an item X for me at 1000pp price, but you're already selling this item, at a different price?
Answer: I will always sell the lowest priced item first, even if it has been given to me for sale AFTER the highest priced item. Sale of the highest priced item will resume as soon as it becomes the cheapest (or only) item of its kind on sale from me.

Question: What about buying through you in a similar situation?
Answer: Same logic applies. If you are looking for, say, a Crushed Flame Emerald for 1k, but someone just asked me to buy one for 1.5k, I will first honor the highest bidder before resuming looking for one for you.

Question: Can I change the terms of a brokerage deal for a particular item before the transaction is complete?
Answer: Absolutely, however I reserve the right of treating this as a new deal and therefore breaking the deal if the new terms do not satisfy me. In this case, I will return your items or money to you and no fee will be owed.

Question: What if YOU, Brokerage, want to change the terms of the deal?
Answer: If I feel that the deal isn't working because, for example, you're trying to buy an item for too cheap or selling an item for way too much, I will get to you by PM or a /tell and offer you to either break the deal (returning you your money or items with no fee owed), or to change the terms if you agree.

Tupakk
06-08-2016, 12:17 PM
People already do this but good luck trying to get into it.

Uuruk
06-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Do you have Skype?

wwoneo
06-08-2016, 04:11 PM
I actually miss these brokerage type guys. I haven't seen them in a while. I would want to acquire this service, but I don't trust an OP with a user creation date of June 2016 with only 1 post. Seems sketchy!

Brokerage
06-08-2016, 04:30 PM
I am an established P99 user with no ban, suspension or rule breaking history. I dissociate my brokerage identity in order to keep things clean and independent.

Nothing sketchy.

Brokerage
06-08-2016, 04:33 PM
wwoneo: PM me and let's work on it.

Uuruk: no Skype, no email. All communication is through the forums or in-game in order to keep RMTers away.

Quidello
06-08-2016, 08:35 PM
I'd be interested in something like this, but it would have to be tied to your main, so someone could be held accountable with consequence if caught stealing.

Portsche
06-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Why do people in EST get two extra hours?