PDA

View Full Version : 8th ring event question? Did I screw up or is it a bug?

SNIPERS
06-08-2016, 10:59 PM
Tonight I went to complete my 8th ring. I invised to chief inside the fort and killed him within 3 minutes of his spawn. As I went to invis out to hand garadain the head in exchange for the ring, I noticed that he solo walked past the orcs in the entrance and engaged the kromrif's inside the fort. This was 4 minutes within the time chief spawned. I also noticed that there was no army of dwarves on the hill and that all of the entrance orcs have been untouched.

This was my second time completing the quest and and i've never seen Garadain engage so quickly let alone, by himself. I also found it odd that the orcs did not aggro him and he had free entrance to engage the kromrif's inside. Unless someone tampered with my quest (which i find hard to believe), I want to know if this is some kind of bug?

I essentially am left with a chief head in my inventory and apparently I can't even piggy back off someone else's quest because Garadain despawns after he gives you the ring. I'm certain i did not do anything correctly and did not waste time, so I want to know if there's anything I can do besides wait for my petition to get answered or if i'm simply screwed (which I hope I'm not) because it took me over 4 months to finally win a ring roll.

Any information is appreciated.

Sallan
06-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Yeah, sadly the only way to turn in the head now would be to piggy back on someone else's garadain but that is very much frowned upon (since it isn't your turn in). However, what most people in your predicament do is quest another set of marching orders and win the roll once more to turn in their head.

I doubt petitioning will help much tbh since you did kill the chief and loot the head but failed to turn in before he gets killed (3-4 mins does sound correct - you need to be ready outside roughly before the 3 min mark because he will be pathing towards his final marker around then)

syztem
06-08-2016, 11:38 PM
yeah pretty much SOL, I usually do it with 2 people shm rogue. and we kill chief + an add usually with sneak pull easily with 2-3 mins to spare before he yells charge. so we have the person sitting out at garadain with head waiting on charge. He will walk right past the orcs at the entrance guarding it, until he runs into the spawned mobs inside of the fort, to which he will be attacked and attack back.

Basically gotta turn it in before he moves, or as hes walking in. If you have the people you can kill off the rest of the giants/orcs quickly and turn it in then, but that doesn't help you currently.

SNIPERS
06-09-2016, 12:55 AM
Yeah, sadly the only way to turn in the head now would be to piggy back on someone else's garadain but that is very much frowned upon (since it isn't your turn in). However, what most people in your predicament do is quest another set of marching orders and win the roll once more to turn in their head.

I doubt petitioning will help much tbh since you did kill the chief and loot the head but failed to turn in before he gets killed (3-4 mins does sound correct - you need to be ready outside roughly before the 3 min mark because he will be pathing towards his final marker around then)

I don't recall it being that fast when I helped others in the past, which is why I wasn't rushing like mad. Also did some research on zam and saw a comment (http://imgur.com/fz2YFQD) saying that you should have roughly 15 minutes from the initial turn-in.

http://imgur.com/fz2YFQD

Sallan
06-09-2016, 01:06 AM
If I'm not mistaken its roughly 1-2 mins upon turning in the marching orders for him to reach the first marker where he spawns the war mobs (including the chief) around the fort.

Then it's 4 mins ish for him to spam some chat stuff, fall in and out his army, then make it back to outside the fort close to the start of the slope when he says "Charge". At that point you have roughly 30 seconds before he reaches the fort and engages the giants (subsequently killed). So in total close to 6-8 mins upon turning in. I always recalled it being a cutting close situation since you need to be quick and properly planned to avoid him dying if you are too late.

You can also get someone to kite garadain around if you are going to be late turning in the head so that he doesn't get killed. I've done this a few times for some folks to avoid them losing out, so to speak

Doctor Jeff
06-09-2016, 01:13 AM
Wow, you got fucked.

On Red I would just say to steal someone else's turn in, but I'm guessing you would be banned for that on blue.

Farzo
06-09-2016, 06:58 AM
Yah do it with a Druid pal next time and once he yells "charge" get him to snare the turn in mob and kite it.

When you're ready to turn in get him to root+ensare then log out. BAM you can turn in once his camp is done.

GOOD LUCK SIR.

Deneras
06-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Ya D: this happened to me, too, but thank Tunare I caught him with 20ish% hp left lol..

I had to save his lil dwarf butt while he fugn wandered around aimlessly due to having low hp >> he even wandered next to the orcs right outside - thankfully did not aggro them D:

I let him regen hp and the turn in was done as normal.

Were you too late to save him??