PDA

View Full Version : Thisle/bracken underbrush?

internetbuddie
01-29-2010, 07:15 AM
I've been trying to get braided ivy cords for the past couple of times on and off with no luck. does anyone know how to get the underbrush brothers to spawn? or is it completely random? is there a PH?

Thanks for any advice.

drplump
01-29-2010, 08:47 AM
I zoned in and hit track and killed 1 of them total time: 1min.

Shaun421
01-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Anybody who wasnt ridiculously lucky have some advice?

vageta31
01-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Open Zone Rare Spawn 101:

What not do do:

1. Get lucky and find rare spawn.
2. Engage immediately, melee/nuke to hell and back in excitement.
3. Leave zone.

What to do:

1. Get lucky and find rare spawn.
2. Follow entire pathing route and note /loc.
3. Calmly engage, melee/nuke to hell and back.
4. Wait for next respawn and denote spawn time and placeholder.
5. Repeat a few spawns to see if there is more than one possible placeholder.
6. Share info with friends or greedily keep to self.

drplump
01-29-2010, 02:17 PM
STATUS UPDATE!!!

I just popped into the zone to check NOT UP.

I just read alla before even going and it said they are a rare and random spawn with no place holder that runs at sow speed and is impossible to find without track. I think he is a little bit too rare here.

vageta31
01-29-2010, 02:58 PM
What you have to remember is that the roaming rares on emu are not exactly like they were in true classic. Mainly because we have no real way of knowing how they were coded so the project coders came up with their own approximation. Static rares are simple enough, rares in south karana, rathe mountains and other zones (Bilge/Pyzjin anyone?) are done completely different on emus. Quillemaine is a perfect example.

So.. even though allkhazam says something, doesn't mean that it works this way on server. I can certainly vouch that some spawns like Grizzlenot are not the same on emu as was on live. I can spawn Grizz on this server quite easily(he has 2 possible spawn points and PH's) but if I were to go to live I'd have to kill everything in certain parts of the zone and hope to find him.

So thistle/bracken most likely do have placeholders, but they may be on very long spawn timers (2+ hours like Grahzak/Mortificator are) which makes them very difficult to camp with any consistency. Most likely when you zone in and see them up it is because someone unknowingly killed the PH or they simply despawned and one of the underbrush's happened to respawn. Some of the rares in this game are like a 1 in 8 to 1 in 10 chance of popping. Combine that with a long spawn time, and or no known PH you can see why they are so rare.

internetbuddie
01-29-2010, 07:22 PM
yeah i figured as much. according to allakhazam, the underbrushes are not really that rare at all. however i have been in the zone on and off the past few days scanning the zonw with track to no avail. i figured th spawnrate was different and was hoping someone on the server might have figured out the PH or spawntimer or whatever. if not, wtb braided ivy cords.

utenan
03-04-2010, 03:31 PM
What you have to remember is that the roaming rares on emu are not exactly like they were in true classic. Mainly because we have no real way of knowing how they were coded so the project coders came up with their own approximation. Static rares are simple enough, rares in south karana, rathe mountains and other zones (Bilge/Pyzjin anyone?) are done completely different on emus. Quillemaine is a perfect example.

So.. even though allkhazam says something, doesn't mean that it works this way on server. I can certainly vouch that some spawns like Grizzlenot are not the same on emu as was on live. I can spawn Grizz on this server quite easily(he has 2 possible spawn points and PH's) but if I were to go to live I'd have to kill everything in certain parts of the zone and hope to find him.

So thistle/bracken most likely do have placeholders, but they may be on very long spawn timers (2+ hours like Grahzak/Mortificator are) which makes them very difficult to camp with any consistency. Most likely when you zone in and see them up it is because someone unknowingly killed the PH or they simply despawned and one of the underbrush's happened to respawn. Some of the rares in this game are like a 1 in 8 to 1 in 10 chance of popping. Combine that with a long spawn time, and or no known PH you can see why they are so rare.

could you spawn grizz for me? :D

Zhao
03-04-2010, 05:17 PM
to spawn thistle just zone in from gfay, bind yourself right there and hit track. kill anything you can track from the zone in that isnt a named of some kind. that means wasps, bixies, fairies, skeletons etc. gate back and repeat until you see thistle

xblade724
03-05-2010, 04:38 AM
I used to farm him like mad in old eq live. I know the secret .. but I'm not telling until I get a pair of cords for myself before it gets overcamped. I'll return when I have a new pair of shoulderpads.

Taluvill
03-06-2010, 05:27 PM
to spawn thistle just zone in from gfay, bind yourself right there and hit track. kill anything you can track from the zone in that isnt a named of some kind. that means wasps, bixies, fairies, skeletons etc. gate back and repeat until you see thistle

This. I have gotten a couple of pairs with Zhao and a few by myself doing it this way, this is how it works on this server.

xblade724
03-08-2010, 04:26 AM
This. I have gotten a couple of pairs with Zhao and a few by myself doing it this way, this is how it works on this server.

I mean, it has a physical roaming PH - it's the same type of PH every time. That's the only hint I'll give til I get myself a pair (unless the p1999 scripters were not aware of the real PH and just put it random - if a dev says this, then I will tell what the real PH on live server is/was so they can update it if need be)

Eccentricaa
09-29-2010, 11:21 PM
I mean, it has a physical roaming PH - it's the same type of PH every time. That's the only hint I'll give til I get myself a pair (unless the p1999 scripters were not aware of the real PH and just put it random - if a dev says this, then I will tell what the real PH on live server is/was so they can update it if need be)

Its been months now.. care to share your secret yet?

kilyen
10-08-2010, 12:14 PM
iv been killing the pixie prankster i can track from Gfay zone line is that correct to get him to spawn
also dose he have a day / night spawn cycle ? or can it be at any time

kilyen
10-08-2010, 03:15 PM
can anyone confirm that old dimshimmer / thistle underbrush in lfay have the same PH ?

Jburks8
10-08-2010, 09:39 PM
I'll ruin the surprise since I used to farm these all the time. BIC shouldn't be that high priced anymore anyways:

He has 1 PH and it's a roamer (Faerie Maiden). It'll path from in between SF/Gfay zone to about where the other faeries are. Due to faction hit, i would DoT the faerie and then port out then gate back.

Sorry I ruined it for you Linidar.

vinx
07-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Ive done the ivy BP on live in the past, using a ranger lol
but i have also done it recently on other servers using a mage = no track

this P99 thread is just like the allah thread : http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=2024
where nobody really knows, so here are some of the things i will share from live -
1) he can, and has spawned very fast! like right after i killed him
2) he does have multiple spawn locations
3) at the end of each route he walks right next to the elven scouts where they dbl team him and he dies
(you can get lucky and KS thistle from the scouts hehe)

This is where i sit when im not on a tracker toon : -308. 1139 -1
with my back to the huts, he comes from 2 directions over the hill but right here towards the scouts
fairly fast to, so you need to root/snare quickly or risk trying to out KS the scouts or they KS you.
(actually if you can just get him to stop and start attacking thats prolly good enough)

Hes not that uncommon, he seems to be up alot, and he does have multiple spawn points
when i used to track he would pop in a few different places, like 3-4 idk i could never catch him at the exact points heh.
also he comes over that hill by the scouts in 2 different areas, but his paths merge right there before the huts.
The time he reaches the huts also varies. suggesting some routes are longer then others.
ive waited 20-40mins for him to show up and ive waited 60-90mins

I assume that his spawn times also vary (sometimes hes up instantly, other times seems about 20mins)
a varying spawn time + multiple routes = varying times he shows up at the scouts,
but you usually see him within 20 - 90 mins if you stay at this location
If your lucky a few times an hour, other times once in 3 hours.

Thats how i used to do it on live. but here? /shrug
Im just now doing the ivy quest on Emu and have been standin here in my spot for over 90mins and nada
so im guessin things are alot different. just figured id share with ya an easy no track way to find thistle.

Edit: also see Bracken use the same route(s) to suicide on the scouts. but he seemed rare

Spud
07-10-2011, 04:12 PM
I don't think this camp is worth it. Back in the day I tried camping him on and off for weeks, I tried a bunch of tricks that people suggested but never got him to spawn. Then i just routinely would run through Lfay on the way to MM or whatever and always check track to see if he was up. One day he was up and i got him.

I would advise people not to bother camping him unless they know some trick to get him to spawn.

Lianon
07-10-2011, 08:42 PM
I spawned several of each in a few hours with the method that Zhao mentioned.

YendorLootmonkey
07-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Its one spawn, over by the gnome camp outside of steamfont near a tree. The PH is a fairie maiden. Spawns every 6 Mins after killed then begins to roam. Don't have the exact coordinates off the top of my head.

skybluepugwash
07-11-2011, 09:33 AM
To be precise, 6m30s. He is a fairly common spawn, but won't always drop the shoulders.

I've never seen Bracken on this server ... any sightings?

sergan
02-16-2012, 05:03 PM
1) Track and kill the roaming Faerie Maiden.
2) Move to 760, -1265, 30
3) Kil Thistle or ph (Faerie Maiden) each 6 min 30 secs.

Thistle is not rare spawn but only 1 each 5 drop the cords

Good luck