PDA

View Full Version : Spawning Stanos

rcds09
06-13-2016, 07:41 PM
Does Stanos' pouch currently not work / Is Anson not working currently?

I've turned in Stanos' pouch to Anson McBale twice and have not managed to get Stanos to spawn. I stood directly behind Anson as the wiki suggested and turned in from the table as well. Both times I was not in hide/sneak or invis. Can't use the phrase thing either since my faction isn't high enough. Anyone got any pearls of wisdom? Don't really want to have to have someone with the faction go out of their way just to spawn him for me unless it's the only way possible ... don't think I can handle another run to Qeynos and HH again either heh.

Kaight
06-13-2016, 07:51 PM
I'm not really sure how to answer your question but I wouldn't mind spawning him for you, and I'm sure several others would be happy to as well. Send me a tell in game or we can arrange a time in PMs. That said, I'm not entirely certain turning in the parchments without faction would be successful..? Paging Cecily...

Morphyus
06-13-2016, 08:00 PM
I would belive it's only the stanos pouch you get back from Vilnius the Small after giving him the four rapiers that works for spawning Stanos, not the one from Malka...

Mud
06-13-2016, 08:15 PM
If you're 50+, you can use the phrase while sneaking behind Anson. Hail him first, then go behind, hit sneak, say the phrase.

rcds09
06-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Thanks Mud for pointing that out, went over my head to even think about sneaking.
I'm glad I didn't have to do that damn rapier quest ... damn wiki checklist lied to me!

Thanks Kayyte (sp?) for the offer to come help but it's all resolved now :)

Cecily
06-14-2016, 12:14 AM
I would belive it's only the stanos pouch you get back from Vilnius the Small after giving him the four rapiers that works for spawning Stanos, not the one from Malka...

They are supposed to be the same item, but I think they are flagged as different items here erroneously. Basically the rogue's epic is just horribly scripted and it's unfortunate because arguably the most powerful epic in the game is seriously easy to do if you know how to do it quickly. (Steal notes, get book, 100p, 2x bottles of milk, kill, kill, ec tunnel quest, find kedge MQ). If you had to jump through all the hoops, it would have been a moderately difficult, possibly even hard epic.

Basically, like Mud said.. Just say the trigger text, "I need to see Stanos" to Anson. Ignore the pouch, but maybe get one from Malka because a 20 charge throwing dagger summoner clicky might be kinda fun to have.

Bummey
06-14-2016, 01:10 PM
Thanks Mud for pointing that out, went over my head to even think about sneaking.
I'm glad I didn't have to do that damn rapier quest ... damn wiki checklist lied to me!

Ignore the wiki guide and follow this one instead. http://tancidtherogue.com/ragebringer.html There are some bits in there that reflect later changes not in P99, the Plane of Hate part specifically (which I'd be happy to help walk you through), but the rest is solid and tells you what is unnecessary and can be skipped.

I've got a kedge robe you can have for free, if you don't get the Cazic Quill from the general. Contact me in-game at Bvmmey when you're ready.