PDA

View Full Version : DoF Race Event Video

utenan
06-15-2016, 05:21 PM
The Department of Fun hosted a level 1 race last Friday, and it was fun! I Have proof. a video happened, about it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7G8nWYz5so&google_comment_id=z132xr1p4taiinjjz04cjz4i2va0vp0p zxk0k&google_view_type#gpluscomments

Sorn
06-15-2016, 06:07 PM
Best video

btw this is yours:

Krimzon2
06-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Just watched this. Awesome video and event. I wish I would have attended this now after seeing it's potential. When's the next one!

Tupakk
06-15-2016, 07:27 PM
DoF is always around. The more feedback and amount of ppl show up the more events we will do.

Baler
06-16-2016, 03:58 AM
Video is awesome. I feel bad I missed the fun and excitement!

fugazi
06-16-2016, 05:08 AM
Searrun's bits cracked me up real good. Consistency is key!

EQBallzz
06-16-2016, 09:52 AM
Awesome video. Glad you didn't catch the part where I fell into the water in Runnyeye and got stuck in there temporarily. I might have finished better than 5th had I not done that!

Trungep99
06-16-2016, 03:03 PM
DoF should do this idea on the red server and give all racers see invis. ^_^.
sounds like fun right?

plus it would double red's population for an hour lol

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-16-2016, 03:29 PM
outstanding :)

dallow2345
06-16-2016, 03:40 PM
awesome! well done !

EQBallzz
06-16-2016, 03:55 PM
DoF should do this idea on the red server and give all racers see invis. ^_^.
sounds like fun right?

plus it would double red's population for an hour lol

I was thinking an interesting twist on this would be for all the lvl 1 rogues to turn in their PoD book to the PoD before race starts but that might just end up making for fewer actual racers (whoever escapes the likely melee at the start line will win).

Eresimus
06-16-2016, 04:03 PM
I was thinking an interesting twist on this would be for all the lvl 1 rogues to turn in their PoD book to the PoD before race starts but that might just end up making for fewer actual racers (whoever escapes the likely melee at the start line will win).
A bit of a Hunger Games start, eh? It could still be an interesting race, since anyone who dies in the initial scrum would spawn outside the tunnel in Misty Thicket and could run from there. But I wouldn't give the racers "see invis" - then you'd only have the chance to off another racer who failed his hide skill (and make yourself visible in the process).

Pokesan
06-16-2016, 04:17 PM
fantastic video

Tingowingo
06-16-2016, 04:26 PM
A++

Speedi
06-16-2016, 05:00 PM
Very nice event! Cute video as well!

When I see stuff like this, it reminds me of the huge void we have here on p99. We have no GM events. It's so bad, on p99 our players run our events! On p99, when we see or hear about a GM we automatically think negative. Who got banned? Who is in trouble? What did X person do? Because the only time you ever really see them is when they are enforcing p99 rules.

Why not have a GM/Guide do nothing but events and fun stuff like this? It sure would bring up the staffs overall image. Not to mention make the box more enjoyable for everyone involved. What if the staff got one person that had the same enthusiasm for running events and doing fun stuff as the other GM's have for banning/suspending people. Wow, imagine the possibilities here!

In the two years I have been playing on p99. I have not saw one GM event. Yes we had the velious launch one. I am not including that. If there was one, it A) must of been so minuscule I either forgot about it, or B) it was so small I didn't hear about it. Either way, you see my point. Just something for the staff to think about! :)

Zorlon
06-16-2016, 05:36 PM
Nice editing, was a fun watch.

Tupakk
06-16-2016, 07:07 PM
Very nice event! Cute video as well!

When I see stuff like this, it reminds me of the huge void we have here on p99. We have no GM events. It's so bad, on p99 our players run our events! On p99, when we see or hear about a GM we automatically think negative. Who got banned? Who is in trouble? What did X person do? Because the only time you ever really see them is when they are enforcing p99 rules.

Why not have a GM/Guide do nothing but events and fun stuff like this? It sure would bring up the staffs overall image. Not to mention make the box more enjoyable for everyone involved. What if the staff got one person that had the same enthusiasm for running events and doing fun stuff as the other GM's have for banning/suspending people. Wow, imagine the possibilities here!

In the two years I have been playing on p99. I have not saw one GM event. Yes we had the velious launch one. I am not including that. If there was one, it A) must of been so minuscule I either forgot about it, or B) it was so small I didn't hear about it. Either way, you see my point. Just something for the staff to think about! :)

Moregan attempted to do this, but it was his final goodbye phase when he implement it.

There have been a handful of GM events.

Halloween 14 Moregan and Eunomia
Velious Launch Rogan Sirken
Halloween 15 Braknar
Various Xp Bonus Weekends Roegan

I have always said we should do more event. I think that it will come with custom content.

In the meantime it is all us baby, and honestly I think without being able to script our own events were making the best as we can.

jcbbjjttt
06-16-2016, 08:01 PM
A bit of a Hunger Games start, eh? It could still be an interesting race, since anyone who dies in the initial scrum would spawn outside the tunnel in Misty Thicket and could run from there. But I wouldn't give the racers "see invis" - then you'd only have the chance to off another racer who failed his hide skill (and make yourself visible in the process).

Give all contestants bows and arrows so they can shoot the guy in front of them :p

Expediency
06-23-2016, 05:44 PM
Just got a chance to check this out. Love the production

razgal
06-23-2016, 07:17 PM
Great video .
Would be a fun run to do with drunk toons