PDA

View Full Version : The Mythical Unicorn

Pogslammer
06-18-2016, 10:31 PM
So I finally hit 60 on my shaman about 3 weeks ago, and started the epic journey of grinding out platinum to buy Torpor. I've been farming AC nonstop when I can't find a group in seb. I landed quite a few groups in seb, spent hours down at king no luck in there. Found even more groups at C/E spent way to many hours in there (still there actually). And than it happened. Emp dropped Torpor. I couldn't help but to shake with excitement. I could barely type /roll to random. I landed a 56 roll and only 3 people rolled before me. I was winning at this point. Than it happened a 96 came out and all the excitement just kinda plopped out of me. The person who won looted it and immediately traded it to me. This is my first time ever grouping with the guy but he knew I didn't have torpor yet. He is a hero. So if you ever end up with a rogue named Stikler know you are grouping with a hero. Thank you so much Stikler you're awesome!

Sorn
06-18-2016, 10:36 PM
Grats!

fuark
06-18-2016, 10:40 PM
HAIL Stikler!!

Portsche
06-18-2016, 10:59 PM
+1

Cecily
06-18-2016, 11:15 PM
That's awesome, congrats! You're a good guy, Stikler.

syztem
06-18-2016, 11:27 PM
Seems torpor pretty valuable on blue so that was a nice thing to do. Maybe he also knew how much better and more effective you would be casting it. A non torpor shaman is yuck vs one with it. Congrats either way

Evia
06-19-2016, 12:42 AM
Wow stickler, respect.

Jorgam
06-19-2016, 01:10 AM
A very amazing and fortunate gesture there. Congrats and good karma on that rogue.

Sallan
06-19-2016, 01:14 AM
There's still good left on the server. Well done mate, well done

Troxx
06-19-2016, 01:31 AM
warm fuzzy feelings abound!

Robbintha Hood
06-19-2016, 02:13 AM
That's some good shit to read. Grats dude, and hail Stickler! Nice to read about unbelieveable acts of kindness.

So awesome.

Webeporting
06-19-2016, 02:41 AM
Stikler, who are you?

k3vil
06-19-2016, 04:06 AM
Very cool gesture, need before greed 😎

bktroost
06-19-2016, 07:01 AM
Aaw that's so good to hear. I don't know if he's a forum user but I'll find him and tell him for you. I'll also update our motd with this. Thanks for sharing!!

Tasslehofp99
06-19-2016, 07:37 AM
Dang! That is a good dude.

Grats on the badass spell and kudos to stikler for being a super cool person.

Sallan
06-19-2016, 09:18 AM
Why the f is a rog rolling on torpor?

To win it and pass it to the shaman of course :)

azeth
06-19-2016, 09:31 AM

you'll do just fine on blue

Kaight
06-19-2016, 10:21 AM
He's in AG. Haven't seen him on much recently. Back with a bang. Good job, Stik :)

Lagaidh
06-19-2016, 10:53 AM
So I finally hit 60 on my shaman about 3 weeks ago, and started the epic journey of grinding out platinum to buy Torpor. I've been farming AC nonstop when I can't find a group in seb. I landed quite a few groups in seb, spent hours down at king no luck in there. Found even more groups at C/E spent way to many hours in there (still there actually). And than it happened. Emp dropped Torpor. I couldn't help but to shake with excitement. I could barely type /roll to random. I landed a 56 roll and only 3 people rolled before me. I was winning at this point. Than it happened a 96 came out and all the excitement just kinda plopped out of me. The person who won looted it and immediately traded it to me. This is my first time ever grouping with the guy but he knew I didn't have torpor yet. He is a hero. So if you ever end up with a rogue named Stikler know you are grouping with a hero. Thank you so much Stikler you're awesome!

Stikler is classic. Confirmed.

I wish we could get this attitude back into the populace at large.

I wager we would ALL save a lot of time if a little more need before greed made its way back into even pick-up groups. I've been called stupid for not rolling on things because I cannot use them as a paladin when someone in the group can.

Imagine that. Being called stupid for not being greedy. /shrug

Can you imagine if you didn't have to go to EC to sell that super item to buy your super item? What if you, and your potential customer both got them as drops?

What if we all went back to "We're in this together"?

Bah I'm pining for pre 9/11 attitudes. Oh well.

Swish
06-19-2016, 11:03 AM

Isnt he rolling on 100k?

Lagaidh
06-19-2016, 11:14 AM
Isnt he rolling on 100k?

/sigh

Teppler
06-19-2016, 11:25 AM

Because rolling is the fairest thing you could do.

It rustles my jimmies a bit some guy was stupid enough to give away over 100k. I don't look at that guy as generous.

Cecily
06-19-2016, 11:37 AM
Agreed. It was extremely generous* But watching people get upset for no reason about things they had nothing to do with is fun to read. Please continue.

syztem
06-19-2016, 12:07 PM
@cecily very much fun watching people get mad at the fact someone gave this dude a torpor scroll instead of keeping it for himself to sell for platnumz. lol.

Ravager
06-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Rogue should have kept it until the shaman cast Avatar on him for the 1000th time. I know I've always wanted a shaman pet.

coki
06-19-2016, 07:51 PM
Impressive! Can't say I would have done the same being at a well known cash camp, luckily when torp dropped off emperor i won it with a 100 roll, Props to Stikler though! hopefully the generosity comes full circle back at you sir!

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-19-2016, 09:16 PM
wow. much respect to the rogue. Stikler now on everyone's freind list

Videri
06-19-2016, 09:31 PM
God yes. I love doing that. If we're greed rolling and it's something someone obviously needs for their character, I don't pass - I roll so I can hand it to them if I win. Getting friends pixels is I think more fun than receiving them.

Pogslammer
06-19-2016, 09:38 PM
Getting friends pixels is I think more fun than receiving them.

Stikler has made a friend for the rest of his p99 career.

Crevex
06-20-2016, 12:31 AM
Hell yeah this is awesome +!

Kilerfist
06-20-2016, 02:45 AM
Do you remember the time...when you where on top of the world? Most of us forget this moment in time. Do you remember when you finished your epic and you didn't MQ it? It was everything to you at that moment. Sure, we all forget those awesome moments...I didn't.

I remember the time when I wanted something soooo bad while playing this game and someone out rolled me or just got it because I was in the wrong group. It was the worst time ever!'

We all escape the real world to play in our VERY old world that we love so much...we play for those simple moments that don't mean much to me or you but means the WORLD to someone else. Sometimes, we forget that moment.

I forgot about the pixel that is a "character" on this game and decided to do the right thing. It wasn't for me, it was to make his day. That one moment, made him grin ear to ear...and I bet, it was like the movie fight club...he tasted food different for that one night. Sure, it will be a memory soon, but for that one moment...I made a difference. I wish we all had the courage to do the right thing when it matters most.

For those of you who say I am a hero, Thank you. But I am not...I chose to be the one we all want to be...just takes some humility I guess.

V/r,
Stikler Von'Tickler

fadetree
06-20-2016, 07:51 AM
Because rolling is the fairest thing you could do.

It rustles my jimmies a bit some guy was stupid enough to give away over 100k. I don't look at that guy as generous.

You can buy torpor. You can't buy honor.

Teppler
06-20-2016, 08:56 AM
You can buy torpor. You can't buy honor.

What about the other group members who didn't get paid just because they don't have a spell to buy that's over 100k?

Spenny121
06-20-2016, 09:07 AM
What about the other group members who didn't get paid just because they don't have a spell to buy that's over 100k?

They're hopefully happy they didn't have to shell out 100-200k to begin with. And that this guy got the spell. You know, like a normal functioning human who takes enjoyment from other peoples happiness too, instead of just being a black hole of greed.

fadetree
06-20-2016, 09:15 AM

What about them? If he hadn't given the spell away, they wouldn't have gotten the spell. If he did give the spell away, they wouldn't have gotten the spell. Either way, no spell. I fail to see how his actions in giving the spell away, which is what you complained about, affected them at all.
Are you just irritated that somebody was generous? Why would that be?

Skinned
06-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Stikler is a boss. Much respect.

Grats on the most important piece of your toolkit.

Play it forward.

Amyas
06-20-2016, 10:31 AM

Awesome Stikler rocks!

Dinbin
06-20-2016, 11:12 AM
Great to hear! You da man, Stikler!

Teppler
06-20-2016, 12:03 PM
What about them? If he hadn't given the spell away, they wouldn't have gotten the spell. If he did give the spell away, they wouldn't have gotten the spell. Either way, no spell. I fail to see how his actions in giving the spell away, which is what you complained about, affected them at all.
Are you just irritated that somebody was generous? Why would that be?

It probably mattered to them if they got the spell or not because Torpor is a pretty liquid 100k+ and thats lots and lots and lots and lots of hours of playing. The other group members were probably there to make cash too.

I'm not irritated somebody was generous. I give away free items to noobs 500-1k at least a few times a week.

I just find NBG in group situations, immoral.

Dinbin
06-20-2016, 12:05 PM
It probably mattered to them if they got the spell or not because Torpor is a pretty liquid 100k+ and thats lots and lots and lots and lots of hours of playing. The other group members were probably there to make cash too.
But they lost the roll... so how would they make 100k?

Teppler
06-20-2016, 12:10 PM
But they lost the roll... so how would they make 100k?

It's the idea that the Shaman needed it so he got it that I don't tend to like. It's in the spirit of NBG. I find it immoral.

Dinbin
06-20-2016, 12:11 PM
It's the idea that the Shaman needed it so he got it that I don't tend to like. It's in the spirit of NBG. I find it immoral.He got it because the person who won the roll believed in NBG (and was nice, to boot). Nothing to do with the others at all.

Blitzers
06-20-2016, 12:11 PM
The Council of Chardok Elite give this thread 5 Thumbs down and 2 Flaming meatballs.

/angry face

/add stikler to the hit list

END CHARDOK GREED, FEEL THE BERN.

WHEN IM ELECTED FREE CHARDOK XP FOR ALL.

Teppler
06-20-2016, 12:13 PM
He got it because the person who won the roll believed in NBG. Nothing to do with the others at all.

He wasn't being very considerate towards the rest of his team that were grinding then.

He could of split that like 25k each for everyone. I'd be pissed if I were a group mate there.

Blitzers
06-20-2016, 12:15 PM
He wasn't being very considerate towards the rest of his team that was grinding then.

He could of split that like 25k each for everyone. I'd be pissed if I were a group mate there.

You win the roll you can /destroy the fucking spell if you want to. It's his pixel, and he can do what he wants with it... La la la

Dinbin
06-20-2016, 12:16 PM
You win the roll you can /destroy the fucking spell if you want to. It's his pixel, and he can do what he wants with it... La la la
Exactly. He chose to use his roll to give the spell to the shaman when he could have just EC'd the thing for 100k and pocketed the entirety. The rest of the group are owed nothing, as they rolled, and lost.

Teppler
06-20-2016, 12:17 PM

I'd be less upset if he destroyed the spell because that means someone didn't get it over me.

https://i.imgur.com/TmSdS.jpg

Dinbin
06-20-2016, 12:18 PM
I'd be less upset if he destroyed the spell because that means someone didn't get it over me.Feel free to pretend that happened, then.

Nixtar
06-20-2016, 12:24 PM
I'm happy because Teppler isn't.

Blitzers
06-20-2016, 12:28 PM
I'd be less upset if he destroyed the spell because that means someone didn't get it over me.

https://i.imgur.com/TmSdS.jpg

The People's Republic of Teppler do formerly declare your lands property of the Republic and shall be redistributed equally in order to benefit the citizenry and promote the general welfare of its inhabitants.

"We know better, you elected us." Barack Obama on the Illinois State Assembly Floor.

Axlrose
06-20-2016, 01:00 PM
As a relative newbie (no characters above level 15 at the moment), I really hope Stikler's action is the general consensus of this game and not an exception. Back in the day on Bristlebroken, the groups I was a part of always went with the need before greed - no rules beforehand stating as such. Those that put greed first or were ~caught~ stripping themselves to appear poor were quickly "banned" from many groups and spent many long nights seeking out another group without success. On the chance two characters were relatively balanced, the random higher roll won. And nine times out of ten, the player who won pushed onward in hopes another drop could be had for the loser - they did not suddenly "have to go".

Since this game is free to play, "missing out" on 100,000 platinum means exactly what? It is not like Eve Online where you can convert ISK into a PLEX that can be used for monthly gaming time.

Of course, there is karma too. Even with multiple free give away that players will randomly do, or a guild like Azure Guard will make into an event, unless my character I have at the moment "needs" that item, I'm not going to random just for a freebie. Never know what might come down the line that karma will pay me...

Dinbin
06-20-2016, 01:02 PM
As a relative newbie (no characters above level 15 at the moment), I really hope Stikler's action is the general consensus of this game and not an exception.You may see it sometimes, but the fact that there is a congratulatory post on this at all should well indicate the reality of things. When 100k is on the line, all bets are off.

Nixtar
06-20-2016, 01:29 PM
When 100k is on the line, all bets are off.

Pretty much this. 100k can buy you a lot of toys, especially for those who aren't fat cats already or play classes who simply cannot solo farm for plat. I have no problem with people rolling on items like this.

Still is pretty awesome to see people helping others out over putting themselves first every situation. Reminds me of live, yepp, Vallon Zek was another server where NBG was the norm(least among the darkies).

fadetree
06-20-2016, 03:39 PM
It's the idea that the Shaman needed it so he got it that I don't tend to like. It's in the spirit of NBG. I find it immoral.

Been reading Ayn Rand lately?

Well, your objection on the basis of you considering NBG immoral does not apply, since it was not a NBG group policy that was operating ebcuase it was AFTER the roll. You did say 'in the spirit of' though, so you probably get this part, but you can't say anything about what motivated the person. You don't have to be rational, you can just not like it because you just don't like it, but usually people have a coherent reason.

Teppler
06-20-2016, 04:09 PM
Been reading Ayn Rand lately?

Well, your objection on the basis of you considering NBG immoral does not apply, since it was not a NBG group policy that was operating ebcuase it was AFTER the roll. You did say 'in the spirit of' though, so you probably get this part, but you can't say anything about what motivated the person. You don't have to be rational, you can just not like it because you just don't like it, but usually people have a coherent reason.

I do think you can say something about what motivated him based on the person he gave torpor to. I'd say my argument is predicated on the idea that the team mates deserved it as much as the shaman but the rogue gave it to the shaman out of some sort of need before greed spirit. Maybe I'm wrong on that but I would find it very unlikely.

Truheart
06-20-2016, 04:32 PM
Nice work Stikler, ten points for Gryffindor!

Dinbin
06-20-2016, 05:01 PM
I'd say my argument is predicated on the idea that the team mates deserved it as much as the shaman but the rogue gave it to the shaman out of some sort of need before greed spirit. Maybe I'm wrong on that but I would find it very unlikely.They obviously thought the same, that's why they rolled. They just happened to lose, and the winner did with it what he pleased. If they had won, that would also have been the end of it. Or maybe one of THEM would gift it. Or not. We'll never know. There wasn't any hint of entitlement here other than one of them wanting it a bit more than the others.

bktroost
06-20-2016, 05:25 PM
I sent him a tell yesterday saying i was proud of him and that he represented AG well. He said "I'm sorry Nemce, if I had thought about it I probably should have kept it for an AG shaman. That would have helped the guild more I bet."

I told him that what he did made a better positive impact on the server than it would have for AG. Definitely a good guy. Good instincts.

Lunababy
06-20-2016, 06:13 PM
/salute to those who understand that elf currency is not the end-all be-all of life!

fadetree
06-21-2016, 08:57 AM
I do think you can say something about what motivated him based on the person he gave torpor to. I'd say my argument is predicated on the idea that the team mates deserved it as much as the shaman but the rogue gave it to the shaman out of some sort of need before greed spirit. Maybe I'm wrong on that but I would find it very unlikely.

Nah, you're probably right about that. He rolled on it (I bet) specifically to give away, and specifically to the shaman. I was just saying the group was not NBG.

Jimjam
06-21-2016, 11:59 AM
Clearly helping out his fellow player was more worthwhile to him than accruing further EC pixel score or port/rez kitty.

syztem
06-21-2016, 12:08 PM
ive put off rolling on items plenty of times before, when thinking that class person was going to automatically get it since it was something he needed ie item class specific or spell. only to see some other greedy fuck or two roll. then I end up rolling with entire group for said person who needs it, works most of the time. But on red, loot rules are put in play and known before most groups even start. if its guild/friends its ez NBG, if its fuckall who cares or getting PL'd its ffa usually. I have PL'd bunch of groups for fun and they have handed me blue diamonds/diamonds, cash loots just for healing and shit at seb ledge while I watched tv. That was the good ol donal bp days though. Still can PL pretty effective as a rogue in grp assuming got healz + atleast one minor tank with snap aggro. eitherway 3rd time ill say it, dude is +1 for giving him torpor. spell is game changing.