PDA

View Full Version : Velious Launch

surron
06-24-2016, 01:06 PM
If velious launch was tomorrow what would you do differently as a guild leader? Would you tank cov faction to get some dragons on lock? Would you go straight for Dain or Tormax? Would you farm pog/poh and then go giant faction? Would you ignore your guild mates wishes to maintain coldain faction for shawl/rings?

I am curious to know the best way for a guild to break in velious (pretend minimal competition)

Gimp
06-24-2016, 01:08 PM
Lock down ST key mobs

Tormax
Statue
NToV

rinse/repeat

surron
06-24-2016, 01:13 PM
Even if those ST key mobs ruin CoV faction? Wouldn't gearing a guild with cov armor + dozekar quests be more beneficial for progression on ntov than ST?

Edit. I'm asking this question for upcoming velious launch in eqmac and we have a version of ST that resets when sleeper is awoken per an old eqmac bug. So we are not worried about losing out on ST 1.0 drops

FatMice
06-24-2016, 01:24 PM
One thing I would suggest is making sure you have utilities. Level Mages and Wizards for ports and CoTH. Having factioned CoV puller/Kael pullers is also very helpful.

Utility is crucial in covering multiple raid targets.

I say this without really knowing the raid environment on eqmac.

Regarding gear progression it depends how geared your raid force is and how long you can sustain your CH Chain. What's your cleric mana pools? Tank HP? Do you have enough to cover 1second, 3second, and 6second or 12second CH Chains? This is basically the break down for Velious tiered content.

Nixtar
06-24-2016, 02:39 PM
Knowing what I know now, I'd quit. Unless you really get a kick out of riding the drama llama, the raiding scene is a black hole of petty nerds and boredom.

P99 is awesome for reliving the road up to 60 but once you're there, stick to the mobs the high end raiding guilds no longer care about or re-roll. Nothing will ruin the memories of the good old days faster than the raid scene on this server.

Ele
06-24-2016, 02:45 PM
Even if those ST key mobs ruin CoV faction? Wouldn't gearing a guild with cov armor + dozekar quests be more beneficial for progression on ntov than ST?

Edit. I'm asking this question for upcoming velious launch in eqmac and we have a version of ST that resets when sleeper is awoken per an old eqmac bug. So we are not worried about losing out on ST 1.0 drops

Depends on how stacked your guild is going into Velious and whether you want to claim server firsts.

Faction is easy to fix and the quest armor is not necessary to down Velious mobs, unless you want to run with a minimal number of raiders. Your progression in NToV is going to tank your CoV faction anyway.

Everything in Velious was or can be downed in Kunark era armor/weapons with enough people (Sontalak probably not had he been in his various post-launch states).

On P99, guilds had the benefit of having members with full sets of clickies (junk buffs, Soulfires, Wort Pots, Prayers of Life, Midnight Mallets, etc.) full sets of resist gear, full spell books, epic weapons or better.

If your guild is rocking max levels and max resists with buffs, then you can go after what ever you want. The only thing holding you back is proper positioning, threat management, and healing.

azeth
06-24-2016, 03:27 PM
Wouldn't do anything differently. We beat the fuck out of Velious 15 hours into it.

Xaanka
06-24-2016, 03:36 PM

control of ST establishes your guild as top on the server. best talent from other guilds will jump ship once primals start dropping. you can spend forever in velious farming cov armor and doeze loot but primals are a different story. basically the only thing that matters post-awakening is "did i get a primal y/n"

Ivory
06-24-2016, 04:54 PM
basically the only thing that matters post-awakening is "did i get a primal y/n"

Yea. Having a primal is pretty awesome I hear! You can sit in commons pretending to be afk....but secretly waiting for people to examine you!!!

Then, when they finally do, the burst of ecstasy rushes over you as you know you made another fool hella jelly! MWA HA HA. It is a feeling greater than sex!!!!!

Indeed, nothing else matters! Behold my l337 pixels! And tremble!!!!

Jay F Kay
06-24-2016, 05:20 PM
Wouldn't do anything differently. We beat the fuck out of Velious 15 hours into it.

And his tombstone will read:

Beat the fuck out of Velious 15 hours into it, 16 years after it was released, on an emulated server with 1000 people.

With such grand accomplishments, they might just bury you in Arlington next to me!

Crawdad
06-24-2016, 06:06 PM
Yea. Having a primal is pretty awesome I hear! You can sit in commons pretending to be afk....but secretly waiting for people to examine you!!!

Then, when they finally do, the burst of ecstasy rushes over you as you know you made another fool hella jelly! MWA HA HA. It is a feeling greater than sex!!!!!

Indeed, nothing else matters! Behold my l337 pixels! And tremble!!!!

Have you ever experienced the hell that is gearing up a guild with Primals post Sleeper waking? People getting a key only to jump ship is second only to clearing ST post-waking and getting 3 primals per run, 2 of them 2handers nobody wants.

Not sure why people are so obsessed with others AFKers in EC, its normally less than 10% of the population at any given time.

azeth
06-24-2016, 06:08 PM
Beat the fuck out of Velious 15 hours into it

still true though

Jay F Kay
06-24-2016, 07:13 PM
still true though

You say that as if it matters, or anyone cares. I just like calling you a nerd.

You're a nerd, and every second you've spent gaining pixels in everquest was a waste.

AgentEpilot
06-25-2016, 02:48 AM
You say that as if it matters, or anyone cares. I just like calling you a nerd.

You're a nerd, and every second you've spent gaining pixels in everquest was a waste.

Isn't posting about a guy wasting time on a game even more of a waste of time. The rabbit hole goes deeper! Now I am posting about a guy posting about a guy wasting his time in a game.