PDA

View Full Version : Lodizal - "Raid Mob/Target" ?

Moosetoe
06-25-2016, 06:48 AM
Very simply: is Lodizal a "raid mob"/"raid target?"

Before I get pounced on by 400 people about this being the two-thousandth post about this topic, I just want to simply ask if Lodizal has ever been officially defined as a raid target, or if Lodizal has ever been officially defined to NOT be a raid target.

I searched many, many threads throughout the different forums and sub-forums, but I couldn't find a conclusive answer.

I was always under the assumption that "no FTE message = not a raid target" and "FTE message = raid target," but that contradicts the fact that Ragefire has no FTE message, but it is considered a raid target. Also, Awakened just had their raid suspension extended due to going after the golems in Plane of Fear in lieu of the fact that they have been officially defined to NOT be raid targets.

If the existence of an FTE message is irrelevant when defining what is and isn't a "raid target," I have also heard that if the has a variance, then it is considered a "raid target."

Ragefire has no FTE, is varianced, and can be 2-manned, but is considered a raid target. VSR has no FTE, is varianced, and can be 5-manned (4?), but is considered a raid target... so is Lodizal, who DOES have an FTE, is varianced, and can be 2-manned considered a raid target?

If there was ever an official decision on this, please reference where this was decided. Thank you for your time.

Fragged
06-25-2016, 07:04 AM
Hi Moose, this is Aikons

[Sat Apr 09 08:13:58 2016] Braknar says, 'Lodi is not a raid target'
[Sat Apr 09 08:14:20 2016] Soandso says, 'it has an FTE message...'
[Sat Apr 09 08:14:27 2016] Braknar says, 'Doesn't mean it's a raid target.'
[Sat Apr 09 08:14:31 2016] Braknar says, 'My call has been made.'
[Sat Apr 09 08:14:34 2016] Braknar drops mic.

t3kn34k
06-25-2016, 07:56 AM
Ragefire has no FTE, is varianced, and can be 2-manned

Just want to pipe in to say RF can be solo'd, or at least Hoku did it one time-->>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAA4NeK46rE

Trungep99
06-25-2016, 08:10 AM
Just want to pipe in to say RF can be solo'd, or at least Hoku did it one time-->>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAA4NeK46rE

Well he used every trick in the book to win. Many potions and other classes buffs. Of course this is impressive but just had higher expectations for a solo kill to mean to require less for success.

Freakish
06-25-2016, 12:32 PM
Golems are raid mobs because they are in a raid zone.

A scareling is a raid mob. A shimmering drake in tov is a raid mob. A spite golem is a raid mob. Lodizal has an fte to make it easier on gms, otherwise every lodizal would be petitioned asking who got fte? Or else it would be a camp.

nyclin
06-25-2016, 02:04 PM
Golems are raid mobs because they are in a raid zone

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2169398&postcount=9

Cecily
06-25-2016, 03:03 PM
Then pretend you're playing the floor is lava, and the golems are the safe spot. But if you touch anything in PoF on the way you get permabanned.

delfi
06-25-2016, 04:00 PM
Well he used every trick in the book to win. Many potions and other classes buffs. Of course this is impressive but just had higher expectations for a solo kill to mean to require less for success.

It was indeed an impressive kill, however, he didn't even use close to "every trick in the book to win". You don't need buffs from other classes(no idea if he used any, his UI wasn't very descriptive). There are many ways to achieve that result, and quite a few classes I'm sure can achieve it.

Back on topic, Lodi isn't a raid mob even tho he has FTE message. Golems aren't raid mobs, but PoFear is a raid zone so don't go there if suspended. No idea why Ragefire is offlimits, but he apparently is. Those are the rules as I've heard them, but don't ask me to explain them ;)

Moosetoe
06-25-2016, 05:46 PM
Back on topic, Lodi isn't a raid mob even tho he has FTE message. Golems aren't raid mobs, but PoFear is a raid zone so don't go there if suspended.
With all respect, I want to know the answer - not what players on the server think or feel. If anyone knows the official answer, please say so.

Also, what is the point of classifying mobs as NOT "raid targets?" Is that for purposes of petitions and kiting/stalls/engages, or what?

delfi
06-25-2016, 06:01 PM
Aikons above just posted from his logs Braknar's official response. What more do you need?

This has been ruled on previously, people have given you a response and even log conversations with GMs.

Dquin05
06-25-2016, 06:18 PM
I have some questions about Lodizal. Once someone gets FTE are they allowed to kite it ? If so , for how long ? Must the person who gets FTE have kill force in the zone at the time of the FTE? How does it work if a duo gets FTE on Lodi then once it's slowed /Qing to log another toon in? As soon as one of the two /qs leaving only one other with FTE they no longer have kill force in zone so at that point is it a free for all?? So many questions ..

delfi
06-25-2016, 06:28 PM
From my understanding:

Once someone gets FTE are they allowed to kite it ? If so , for how long ?

They are allowed to pull it(from one location to another) or kite it around actively trying to accomplish something(slow for instance). You can't kite him around to delay killing him anymore than you could kite around mobs at any exp camp waiting for your group to arrive.

Must the person who gets FTE have kill force in the zone at the time of the FTE?
Yeah, they should. Though pulling lodi to say the druid rings while a force ports in or camps in probably would fly...at least it'd be dead before you could really get a GMs notice. If they kite it around before the people arrive however, that isn't allowed. Really you should have a force logged in, at the spawn point just like you must do to hold any camp. But again, rules vs. getting GM results are two different things.

How does it work if a duo gets FTE on Lodi then once it's slowed /Qing to log another toon in? As soon as one of the two /qs leaving only one other with FTE they no longer have kill force in zone so at that point is it a free for all??

How do you prove that one person can't solo it? If you are talking about a torpor shaman, once Lodi is slowed you certainly can solo it. An enchanter could too with some clickies probably. Illegal? Maybe, but you can't prove it is I'd doubt with any degree of certainty. And yes, you'll get petitioned after pulling the mob off them and probably have to prove it.

So many questions ..

In practice, win FTE and you'll get Lodi. Don't, and you won't unless they wipe. No reason to rule lawyer absolutely everything. Win FTE.

Kagey
06-25-2016, 07:07 PM
Hi Moose, this is Aikons

[Sat Apr 09 08:13:58 2016] Braknar says, 'Lodi is not a raid target'
[Sat Apr 09 08:14:20 2016] Soandso says, 'it has an FTE message...'
[Sat Apr 09 08:14:27 2016] Braknar says, 'Doesn't mean it's a raid target.'
[Sat Apr 09 08:14:31 2016] Braknar says, 'My call has been made.'
[Sat Apr 09 08:14:34 2016] Braknar drops mic.

Sweet so Awakened is good to go on lodi?? cause we are getting conflicting stories here.

Pheer
06-25-2016, 07:23 PM

>2 wort pots and a bladestopper used

>every trick in the book

wat

2.5k investment to kill a ragefire whose loot you dont have to split sounds pretty cost effective to me

delfi
06-25-2016, 07:24 PM
I think it might have been 3 wort pots. And don't forget one charge of puppet strings!!!

But yeah, I agree hehe.

Ravager
06-25-2016, 10:51 PM
Sweet so Awakened is good to go on lodi?? cause we are getting conflicting stories here.

It's June, anyone who is worried about Lodi and not BBQing with friends needs to re-evaluate their priorities.

Trollhide
06-26-2016, 01:05 AM
not if all your friends are elves

fragmaster
06-26-2016, 03:49 AM
i like turtles

Crashking
06-27-2016, 11:37 PM
It's June, anyone who is worried about Lodi and not BBQing with friends needs to re-evaluate their priorities.

What if you want to have Turtle soup and a good old fashion calm bake? Why do all the drolvarg's have to get ground up and made into slim shapes and tossed over the fire? I mean for some of us, Dragon Steak just isn't on the menu yet. Maybe I should just go back to making my fish rolls and live without spices and sauces?

Zekayy
06-28-2016, 12:09 AM

Might be better off being just staying away from him just incase