PDA

View Full Version : Open Raid Plane of Fear Presented By Veloci Shift

Shift
06-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Friday July 1st, 2016

Forming up at 5pm EST

Breaking in POF at 6PM EST

All meeting up at in Feerott by the false curtain wall outside by the spectre's.

Levels :REQ. 46 LVL

http://wiki.project1999.com/Plane_of_Fear

What we will be needing:

going to need alot of CC,Healers,Tanks everything we got for this zone.

Raid Gaming Ethic:

So if any Draco's or CT and some Golems are up please leave them up for us before our event that week appreicate it, we are trying to get some upgrades from trash, drop some bosses, spray a supersoaker on some golems and watch them turn into a puddle mud, austin 3:16 stomp a mudhole in there @$$ oh hell yeah!

Loot rules: will be a /random 1000

But Since we are hosting this event if CT or a Draco is up VS gets 1 of the main items of our choosing.

the rest will be a /random 1000

I think that is fair as it comes, we might even pass on the Amulet of necropotence and let me people roll on it, and want something from CT if he is up,

ArumTP
06-26-2016, 10:28 AM
Friday July 1st, 2016

Raid Gaming Ethic:

So if any Draco's or CT and some Golems are up please leave them up for us before our event that week appreicate it

But Since we are hosting this event if CT or a Draco is up VS gets 1 of the main items of our choosing.

I think that is fair as it comes, we might even pass on the Amulet of necropotence and let me people roll on it, and want something from CT if he is up,

Is this a troll? Legitimate question, I myself not trolling. CT/Draco/Golems barely draw breath and they are killed. A CT pop, results in a fully kited and cleared zone, along with a reset of golem/draco timers. Every other guild on this server tracks and makes attempts at draco/golems.

Shift
06-26-2016, 10:58 AM
Is this a troll? Legitimate question, I myself not trolling. CT/Draco/Golems barely draw breath and they are killed. A CT pop, results in a fully kited and cleared zone, along with a reset of golem/draco timers. Every other guild on this server tracks and makes attempts at draco/golems.

Nope no trolling, I dunno these raiding rules you speak of,
we are a causal guild just trying to have some fun,

and letting the p99 community join in on it.

roro0187
06-26-2016, 11:03 AM
Are necros invited? Been waiting a long time to see a raid, now that I'm closing in on the lvl, id really like to go to this!:)

Vorask Strokinhov

Expediency
06-26-2016, 11:05 AM

What he's trying to say is that although fear is usually open to be cleared, the minibosses/CT are tracked by about 5 different guilds who keep timers on them, and that information is not shared with others because its basically a trade secret. These bosses dont all spawn at the same time either. You can probably plan on being able to clear fear with the public and getting the fear armor, but its going to require some diplomacy to get other guilds to leave up the minibosses. Its not impossible to get others to agree to this, there is a lot of precedent, but it will require a little work. Getting permission to post in the raid discussion forum would be a first step.

For instance, there have been several naggy/vox open raids over the last few years. Typically someone posts a thread saying they are going to run one of these, and ask the other guilds to avoid killing it that week.

ArumTP
06-26-2016, 11:16 AM

I am not speaking of raid rules, I am speaking of raid(CT/draco) and high priority(golems) targets. I don't see any scenario in which they would be simply left up.

Bummey
06-26-2016, 11:21 AM
Neat. I'm interested in bringing my druid to this.

Expediency
06-26-2016, 11:33 AM
I am not speaking of raid rules, I am speaking of raid(CT/draco) and high priority(golems) targets. I don't see any scenario in which they would be simply left up.

Its not impossible. There's precedent for others leaving targets up for public raids, quite a few times actually. But he's going to need to go to the raid forum and post something along the lines of: "Hey guys, we want to run an open raid for the server, will Aftermath, CSG, anon, and whoever else kills these please not kill them during this window of time?" Awakening is on raid suspension on this date or else theyd need to agree also.

The other option is for GMs to take pity on an open raid and just respawn the zone so the public can have a chance.

CT is a mean boss and you're going to need 100+ random players to kill that thing. The golems/draco are doable.

Trungep99
06-26-2016, 01:22 PM
Yeah I don't see this happening with the mini bosses or CT. CT is a high priority target to top tier raiders. The golems can drop items worth a fortune like the Amulet of Necropotence.

You can kill the trash mobs with no contest, but you have to understand the raid dynamic on this server regarding which mobs are of highest priority vs those that are not.

My suggestion is to raid plane of hate. The mini bosses respawn more frequently than the plan of fear ones. You have a much higher % chance to be able to clear the zone and get mini bosses without contest.
Keep in mind though that some guilds will still go to hate for the mini bosses but not as frequently.

Batso
06-26-2016, 01:43 PM
<Aftermath > will not touch CT this week.

Vallanor
06-26-2016, 01:49 PM
There is precedent for leaving up some lower-tier mobs (Naggy, Vox, Draco 1.0, Maestro, etc.) but Cazic Thule is on a totally different stratosphere. Everything he drops is amazing, and he is an incredibly difficult foe. No open raid is going to successfully take him down unless one of the more capable raid guilds lends a serious hand. Also, you'd probably have more success if you removed the stipulation that your guild gets an item of their choice. That is definitely unprecedented in guild sponsored open raids.

That said, leaving up golems and even Draco 2.0 seems very possible. A big chunk of random adventurers would be far more likely to be capable of these mobs too.

Expediency
06-26-2016, 02:05 PM
My suggestion is to raid plane of hate. The mini bosses respawn more frequently than the plan of fear ones. You have a much higher % chance to be able to clear the zone and get mini bosses without contest.
Keep in mind though that some guilds will still go to hate for the mini bosses but not as frequently.

Random mobs in hate drop better loot than random mobs in fear also. But raiding hate with random people is expensive, you're going to need a pile of hate stones plus wizards to port people up.

Gimp
06-26-2016, 02:14 PM

trollolol

Shift
06-26-2016, 04:17 PM

Awesome thanks bud I don't know CT or Draco's or the golems spawn timers I have not got into the poopsocking, neckbeard fashion. But i am happy to see Aftermath will let us get a shot at Cazic Thule ;)

So Aftermath is on board to not engage CT. anybody else please speak up thanks,

Sincerely , KiShift Purified GL/GM Major Chief in command of Veloci Shift..

Expediency
06-26-2016, 05:48 PM
For those asking him to post in the raid forum, can't he ask someone to do that on his behalf? Lets have some community spirit here <3

Only a very limited number of people can post in the raid forum and those people are quite busy already. If he's going to be leading contested raids and is a guildleader he should request access to that forum anyway, thats what its there for. If only there were someone in this thread who could make that happen.

Trungep99
06-27-2016, 12:17 AM
Awesome thanks bud I don't know CT or Draco's or the golems spawn timers I have not got into the poopsocking, neckbeard fashion. But i am happy to see Aftermath will let us get a shot at Cazic Thule ;)

So Aftermath is on board to not engage CT. anybody else please speak up thanks,

Sincerely , KiShift Purified GL/GM Major Chief in command of Veloci Shift..

On this server, when CT spawns he repops the entire zone. So that includes golems and draco.
I highly encourage the leadership for Veloci Shift to read the rules on the raid forums, and get to know the leaders of all raiding guilds or at least acquaint your self with who else is raiding

Colgate
06-27-2016, 12:19 AM
A CT pop, results in a fully kited and cleared zone, along with a reset of golem/draco timers.

unless for some insane reason it's different between red and blue, this is incorrect

Tea
06-27-2016, 12:21 AM
unless for some insane reason it's different between red and blue, this is incorrect

It is correct. It's been like this for a while now. Last server reset maybe? Wasn't like this before. But now when ct pops everything pops. Golems and draco.

Colgate
06-27-2016, 12:21 AM
when they revamped fear to fear 2.0 CT no longer popped golems/draco on red

not sure why that would be different on blue (probably isn't)

sim repops however spawn old draco because rogean fucked up the script

Trungep99
06-27-2016, 12:46 AM
when they revamped fear to fear 2.0 CT no longer popped golems/draco on red

not sure why that would be different on blue (probably isn't)

sim repops however spawn old draco because rogean fucked up the script

When fear 2.0 came out this statement was true for Blue too, but it has changed, I'm not sure when it changed but now it respawned the zone.

connect
06-27-2016, 06:29 PM

< Awakened > will not touch CT this week either...

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246016

Shift
06-29-2016, 11:25 AM
Bump - who all interested put your character name and level .class please, so we can see if we have enough attendance, to even a attempt Cazic thule if not, then we are doing draco and golems and PoF yard trash.

roro0187
06-29-2016, 11:29 AM
Vorask, 46, necro

bktroost
06-29-2016, 02:30 PM
I can say for sure that Friday CT will not be up because he pops on a Monday. Draco and Golems will more than likely be killed by any number of guilds on Thursday as smaller raiding guilds like Venerate, FoH, Rustle, etc will certainly see them up as an opportunity they don't normally see and ad hoc them.

I think what you are doing for the server is a great thing, but I recommend looking for a a server wide Inny_+PoH or even VS/VSR kills as really viable options. Another one is to do a server wide PoG. I've done just one of those (wish i had time for more) and there are a lot of people that take interest in them.

Culkasi
06-30-2016, 04:30 AM
Well, the Fear raid is still very viable, but Golems/CT probably won't be up as others have explained. Thats not all there is to Fear though, so don't feel let down by that, clearing Plane of Fear is a lot of fun, and plenty of good pieces drop there anyway. I wish you the best of luck with the raid and hope its a succes!

Shift
07-01-2016, 02:43 PM
Okay Roll Call who is all coming don't gotta send me a tell on here, just message KiShift in game around 5pm EST.

I hope to see a good turn out, so everyone can get a chance to get some planar loot,

Going to need bards,enchanters and heavy dps, and some more pullers and tanks for this to be possible for us to have a smooth run through, Plane of Fear,

Vallanor
07-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Wish I could be there. Open raids are awesome.

Good luck and thanks for hosting, Veloci Shift!

Crashking
07-01-2016, 03:57 PM
This is definitely on my docket to attend the only question is which toon, which happens to still be TBD atm. Nice part its only 2 choices.

Have to agree with Vallanor - Open raiding was a classic thing for me early on, since I got such a late start when arriving at the drop of Luclin.

Bummey
07-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Okay Roll Call who is all coming don't gotta send me a tell on here, just message KiShift in game around 5pm EST.

I don't see this person online and there aren't even many 46-60 Veloci Shift online (none in Feerrott) to begin with.

Crashking
07-01-2016, 11:19 PM
I don't see this person online and there aren't even many 46-60 Veloci Shift online (none in Feerrott) to begin with.

Back on page 2.. he had a post where he signed it with his in game name... Kishift.

Raid Report:

Have to say it was hell of fun even without getting a useful drop for the toon I brought out.

Some very nice Monk, SK, Pally drops showed up that I recall, and a wizard Wet himself by winning a chest...

Some nice wizard spell research drops came about.

It was a pretty sweet entrance, no deaths - raid worked well together well with 30 at start and a high number of 38 in zone later. A couple bad situations did happen but sometimes that is unavoidable, but rezzes came about and a number of hours was spent trying to maximize the loot.

kardos
07-02-2016, 01:53 AM
Told you I would die at least once, almost made it!

Temppie
07-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Thanks guys for hosting this raid! It was my first time back in Fear in probably 14 years, so it was a lot of fun to see it again!

Shift
07-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys for hosting this raid! It was my first time back in Fear in probably 14 years, so it was a lot of fun to see it again!

yep not a problem I will be hosting a PoH Soon. Next week a matter a fact!

Glad you came out to support the VS Community we are all about having fun, but if we gotta be competive opposing guilds wanna challenge well, I guess that would have to be settled in The Arena is lake rathe tear , for the hell of it.

Anybody wanna have a guild war PST Time and day. we will like to see how we measure up to you established raid guilds,

The player makes the class great, the gear only does a small fraction.

Shift
07-02-2016, 09:30 AM

Shift
07-02-2016, 09:33 AM

Grats to all the winners of some trash loot,

bktroost
07-05-2016, 11:04 PM
I'm sure Cloki, Nemce or Culkasi could find a minute?... or is the distance emerging now that BDA left a vacuum in the casually hardcore sector? I'd post it up if I could.

I just saw this, but if you ever need a server announcement in raid post section send me a pm.

Shift
07-17-2016, 04:48 PM
I just saw this, but if you ever need a server announcement in raid post section send me a pm.

yeah bro will do, maybe once we start getting more active loyal numbers i will give you a shout thanks.