PDA

View Full Version : How many accounts do you have?

Trollhide
06-27-2016, 06:51 AM
Being a raging altoholic, I want to have at least one of each class, but I have a mental block.

It just feels inexplicably wrong or weird to me to have characters I invest time and effort into split across multiple accounts, especially on a no boxing server like this one. I wanna make a single account as badass as possible, but of course that doesn't leave room for one of each class. Maybe I'm just being neurotic :confused:

myriverse
06-27-2016, 10:08 AM
One.

Ele
06-27-2016, 10:42 AM
If you put all your characters on one account:

you risk losing all of them to a single suspension/ban;

you risk losing all your characters/gear/plat to a hack;

you risk losing all your characters/gear/plat to a "friend" abusing your password/trust;

you won't have your druid to let your "mom/gf/brother" play in 3 minute increments; and

you only have to pay one subscription fee.

Ele
06-27-2016, 10:45 AM
I wanna make a single account as badass as possible, but of course that doesn't leave room for one of each class.

You can never match the awesome that is Snack(ies)/(ums)/(etc...). He had to start a second account finally.

Trollhide
06-27-2016, 10:46 AM

you risk losing all your characters/gear/plat to a "friend" abusing your password/trust;

Valid points, I did not consider this

Abilge
06-27-2016, 11:31 AM
I have altitis too but how does one have multiple accounts without getting Ip issues anyway. Not saying I want to, I would rather have some new servers to play on.

Trollhide
06-27-2016, 11:32 AM
You can create a million accounts, you just can't play more than one at a time. It's just to get more available character slots.

maurilax
06-27-2016, 11:33 AM
Sharing accounts seems like the best legal reason

Abilge
06-27-2016, 11:37 AM
In that case I think I can solve my alt conundrum.

Sorn
06-27-2016, 12:05 PM
I have 3! First is my regular account, second is totally neglected but originally was intended for my guild, and third is all Department of Fun mules.

Troxx
06-27-2016, 01:06 PM
Seeing as you can only play 1 account at a time and there are only so many classes you can play, I don't see why any person might need more than two unless ...

-a shared account between friends?
-a shared account for guild banking purposes
-a separate account for your EC trader
-you're excessively paranoid about being hacked or banned?
-you're gaming the system by managing to play more than one account at a time

I've got one account, but I've only been around since 2014 and haven't gotten around to playing each class yet. 2 of the toons on my primary account are still level 1 and I don't have a dedicated trader.

quido
06-27-2016, 01:25 PM
I have 22 accounts.

myriverse
06-27-2016, 02:26 PM

I've never had to worry about that.

I wouldn't even trust my wife or daughter with the password.

myriverse
06-27-2016, 02:33 PM
Seeing as you can only play 1 account at a time and there are only so many classes you can play, I don't see why any person might need more than two unless ...

-a shared account between friends?
-a shared account for guild banking purposes
-a separate account for your EC trader
-you're excessively paranoid about being hacked or banned?
-you're gaming the system by managing to play more than one account at a time

Or... Altoholic. There are dozens of possible class/race combinations.

Colgate
06-27-2016, 02:45 PM
anyone who puts more than 1 valuable character on a single login account is dumb

derpcake
06-27-2016, 02:52 PM
tbh not everyone has the intention to get banned

much like 1 FQ account suffices for me

Expediency
06-27-2016, 03:13 PM
Three accounts.

One account for all the characters I actually play and use 98% of the time.

One account to sit on names for characters I intend to play in the future that I barely ever log in to.

One account for low level characters that do things that are rarely needed but useful, like a mule to hold nonstackable tradeskill items, or to log into a zone to ask for a camp check, or a character bound in paineel to suicide into the hole to check on yael. I use this the other 2% of the time.

I do see the wisdom in splitting your "real" characters into separate accounts to protect against getting caught up in ban situations or to share with your friend, but I do not engage in risky behaviors like RMT or sharing accounts with friends so I find it easier to have them all on one account instead of four or five.

Erati
06-27-2016, 03:18 PM
I have all my characters on one account bc I did not want my cleric or my wizard to be slaves to my alts, porting or resing them at their convenience

They are their own men and have their own adventures to deal with, not be a servant to my main character.

thats what the community and my guildies are for :)

Vidar
06-27-2016, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't even trust my wife or daughter with the password.[/QUOTE]

truth

Trollhide
06-28-2016, 09:29 AM
Pretty surprised by the percentage of people with lots of accounts, it's making me feel better about making a second one :)

Thulack
06-28-2016, 09:32 AM
17 accounts. Only regrets are when i have to change passwords :P

myriverse
06-28-2016, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't even trust my wife or daughter with the password.
truth
Indeed. I speak from experience. My wife "stole" my original EQ account back in 1999, forcing me to make a new one.

Ragain
06-28-2016, 12:57 PM
I have only one account, but have permission to access a couple others.

maskedmelon
06-28-2016, 02:49 PM
I don't know how many I have offhand, but they are all just filled with names that I like and one day might use.

wwoneo
06-28-2016, 08:46 PM

you won't have your druid to let your "mom/gf/brother" play in 3 minute increments; and

You also risk losing raiding privileges when you get raid suspended... <looks at awakened>

Thulack
06-28-2016, 08:49 PM
You also risk losing raiding privileges when you get raid suspended... <looks at awakened>

Please tell me what that has to do with having multiple toons on the same account?

Ravager
06-28-2016, 09:09 PM
Legit reason to have one account per character played is rez timer preservation.

Tecmos Deception
06-28-2016, 09:34 PM

I think I do it out of habit anymore. It just made made sense to have 1 char per account back when you could legally sell characters.

LenkoCambria
06-29-2016, 08:59 AM
I just made my second account, for altaholic reasons (I really wanted a mage...)

I don't play enough to have more than two primary characters (one at 32, the other at 53), even though I'd like to. It's nice to have options to dick around with, though.

I will say - after I created the new character, logged out of my second account back into my first, I was met with a message: "Your account has a temporary IP suspension" or something similar. Nearly pissed my pants. Upon checking the FAQs, realized this is normal, and a method to prevent boxing. Definitely made me fear for my Rogue's safety!